Meadowlark Prairie oh sunlight, sunlight
8 Posts
Ooc — Silverfang
ᚠᚨᚹᚾᚨ​
As she listens to his answers to her many questions and curiosities, Fawna holds nothing but admiration at first for what he states. A confidence in your ability in life was notably an important thing to have; there's not a time Fawna thinks that if a wolf, or any animal, was insecure or uncertain of their steps in life that didn't end up tripping at one point or another. So for Vein to be so bold as to believe his medicinal abilities to be powerful and effective Fawna feels only impressed by the confidence he excudes in his answer and in his demeanor.

To be confident was to be strong. And strength, even Fawna could admit, had its appeal.

"I've never been a healer myself... I know of certain herbs and their healing properties, but you could not ask me to do much more than clean a wound." She smiles kindly toward Vein. "I really think it's fantastic that you've made yourself so adept at this kind of art. I don't know if there are many healers here, but I think they could learn a thing or two from you if there are! And I think in that way you've made yourself indispensible."

Curled furred ears round forward once more to listen patiently to his next words, though it is more than likely again her good nature and her trust in this stranger makes her wish to not think the worst out of him. Her mind finds itself running, once again, to the skulls at his sides - and she fixates hard on the moose skull again. Surely this wolf wouldn't go out of his way to harm other good wolves? That he hadn't been the cause for the canine skull at his other side?

She finds it hard to believe yet just a measure possible. She doesn't want her opinion soiled of him when there was so much good he could do for others and how well he had done for himself. Being devout to his respectful Gods didn't make him a monster, after all; there was more to his story and more to his methods than just the shallow uncertainty she felt by these 'expensive prices', to that she was certain.

His wink is responded to with a coy smile of her own, though it sobers quickly with the words that follow. "Those are words too kind for the likes of me, Vein," though her words sound degrading at a base level of understanding, she is simply humble in how she regards such opulent praise. And while Vein imagined her painted in blood with a skull upon her brow, she finds herself invisioning a far different picture. "I've never been very religious, only at a very basic level of understanding... But if my steps would please, I could dance in the snow and we could sing until our lungs tire." Her chin lifts to the air and she allows a stray, strong wind to grasp the fur at her face, cheeks, and throat while imagining her more innocent picture of his plans. At the same time, Vein had by then lifted his nose to the air and done well to readjust their positioning on their path.

"Ah, I hope so. Settling down someplace warm with a full belly sounds very pleasant!" Once more, she finds herself hoping that it is the prey Vein focuses on; the prey that makes the stale blood on his fur, and the prey that he references to being an 'expensive price'. For, hopefully, even Gods would understand the importance that what would otherwise be food - life, for some - was a gracious offering and sometimes, all one could afford.

She forces her thoughts out with a shake of her head, intrusive and worrying as they were, and instead works to focus on Vein's questions instead. "Well, I've wandered for the better part of most of my life. I came to these lands with two others; I was searching the area and scouting around when you found me, and when this snowstorm began to show itself. So I'm separated from them now, though I hope they've found somewhere safe to hide. I hope to go find them sometime after this snowstorm has ended, just to make sure they're okay. Otherwise, I've been a lone wanderer and I'm... Kind of used to that life by now. Familiar faces are nice, friendly ones lovely to find, though I've learned there aren't too many that stay, but such is the way of a loner's life, is it not? I find no sorrow in it. It's just the way things are." So was the same in how she viewed Vein; there was no sadness that she held in the fact they may indeed split up at some point. Her eyes turn from Vein to the sky, thoughtful. "I think of what it might be like to settle down, sometimes. But I don't think any pack would take me and that's fine with me. I'm not here to disrupt anyone's life; just to live my own."

@Vein

Messages In This Thread
oh sunlight, sunlight - by Fawna - January 01, 2021, 09:05 AM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Vein - January 02, 2021, 03:28 PM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Fawna - January 02, 2021, 10:45 PM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Vein - January 03, 2021, 03:34 PM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Fawna - January 03, 2021, 07:00 PM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Vein - January 03, 2021, 10:13 PM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Fawna - January 03, 2021, 11:54 PM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Vein - January 06, 2021, 08:01 PM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Fawna - January 07, 2021, 09:39 AM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Vein - January 14, 2021, 10:50 PM