Dragoncrest Cliffs But if 'is' wasn't
348 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Deerstalker
Tracker
Trapper
She fed, then rested, glad for Vex's company even if they were both still reeling from the news. Perhaps that wasn't the right word, in her case. There was a small part of her—the inner child, who'd worshiped the ground Kaertok walked on—which mourned him. But mostly she had borrowed her brother's anger and felt bitter resentment. They would never get their answers and there was no hope for any kind of reconciliation now. Kaertok would rot in his grave, despised by his own kin forevermore.

Arbiter's distant voice caused Haunt to sit up quickly. Despite the meal, she swayed a little as she rose onto all fours, her head swimming. She paused a moment to let the feeling pass, then exchanged a look with Vex before springing from the den. "Coming!" she thought to howl as she embarked through the deep snow, hoping the wind wouldn't drown out her voice.

Despite her rocky relationship with her mother, Haunt was definitely glad to see her. "Mom," she said, nodding to Rosalyn before moving to touch her snout to Arbiter's. "I'm okay." She was a little worse for wear, though she would live. "I didn't mean to run off. I was hunting when I got one of my headaches. Rosalyn saved me." Her yellow eyes cut to the scarred woman. She made no mention of Kaertok's role in the matter, nor indeed of his demise.

Trying to catch Vex's eye as well, Haunt decided now was a good time to let all three of them know, "I'm going to stay here. Rosalyn and Erzulie took care of me and I want to repay them." She didn't know how Arbiter would take this news, nor whether Vex would choose to stay or go. She supposed their reactions were entirely up to them, of course, but she'd made up her mind—before ever learning of Kaertok's death, which was immaterial—days ago, when talking with Njord.
Messages In This Thread
But if 'is' wasn't - by Arbiter - January 07, 2021, 02:29 AM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Rosalyn - January 07, 2021, 10:46 AM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Haunt - January 07, 2021, 02:44 PM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Kaskae - January 07, 2021, 03:40 PM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Arbiter - January 07, 2021, 11:18 PM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Rosalyn - January 08, 2021, 12:44 AM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Haunt - January 08, 2021, 10:30 AM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Kaskae - January 08, 2021, 12:54 PM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Arbiter - January 15, 2021, 04:20 AM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Rosalyn - January 15, 2021, 09:29 AM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Haunt - January 15, 2021, 02:19 PM