Dragoncrest Cliffs But if 'is' wasn't
348 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Deerstalker
Tracker
Trapper
As good as it was to see her mother, Haunt felt the same old irritation when the she-wolf immediately began trying to control her narrative again. She took a breath and paused, meeting Vex's eyes before her attention swept back to Arbiter. She tried to remind herself that what came across as a will to control them was more of a bid to keep her offspring safe. But Haunt's ability to sympathize was finite, as she'd never been a mother. And they were old enough to make a decision like this for themselves.

Ignoring the patronizing questions that preceded it, Haunt insisted, "They saved my life and looked after me, mom." Her yellow eyes drifted to Rosalyn. Did she look a little irked? Well, no wonder. Arbiter hadn't even thanked her for that and now she was implying the wolves of Sapphique wouldn't be able to look after their own. She thought of the bear and said under her breath, "They're more than capable," of both fighting and protecting.

Focusing on her mother again, softening a little, she spoke truthfully, "I haven't had a headache in days. I think the ocean air has helped. But I'm still pretty weak, so I don't think I should travel yet, especially not in this weather. We're safe here," she repeated, "and I want to stay as long as it takes to repay them. Then we'll come back to the bypass, if we're welcome."
Messages In This Thread
But if 'is' wasn't - by Arbiter - January 07, 2021, 02:29 AM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Rosalyn - January 07, 2021, 10:46 AM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Haunt - January 07, 2021, 02:44 PM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Kaskae - January 07, 2021, 03:40 PM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Arbiter - January 07, 2021, 11:18 PM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Rosalyn - January 08, 2021, 12:44 AM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Haunt - January 08, 2021, 10:30 AM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Kaskae - January 08, 2021, 12:54 PM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Arbiter - January 15, 2021, 04:20 AM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Rosalyn - January 15, 2021, 09:29 AM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Haunt - January 15, 2021, 02:19 PM