Wheeling Gull Isle Now I'm begging for footnotes in the story of your life
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Huā didn't notice Maegi behind her, though ahead, her gaze briefly flickered past Wylla to a distant pale figure. If he had been coming towards them fast or aggressively, she might've shifted her attention, but for now she assumed he posed no threat- and returned her look to the dark woman. The disbelief in her voice when she spoke might've annoyed Huā, if not for the classic display of submission; the empress had never expected it much her from her people, but that kind of thing was common back home. If ever she felt like a silly girl carrying a title she didn't deserve, a good bow of the tail and averted gaze from a subordinate could certainly change her mind.

Huā looked briefly to Aiolos as he came up beside her, and returned her gaze to Wylla as she answered then with a small smile of politeness. Yes. I am the empress. Who tells you about me? She wondered, and seeing no reason not to, gestured shortly to her red companion. And this is our emperor, too, Aiolos. Um. He was standing close, and she didn't want Wylla to get the wrong impression about the emperor and empress here... My working partner. She decided, though no one had really asked her to clarify. She blinked, glancing back to the woman and suddenly remembering to ask, And who are you?
Messages In This Thread
RE: Now I'm begging for footnotes in the story of your life - by Huā - January 26, 2021, 01:53 AM