Ankyra Sound cutthroat
348 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Deerstalker
Tracker
Trapper
It took several moments for Haunt to recover her ability to breathe properly. By the time she gathered herself, her impromptu partner was worrying the seal's neck. It was so blubbery, there was hardly any distinction, though Haunt figured it wasn't a bad idea to go for the area directly beneath the head. It tended to be a good target, regardless of prey type.

She decided to go for broke and go for the throat as well. Leery of those powerful front flippers, she angled herself for a head-on attack before rushing in with a savage snarl. The seal flicked its head at the critical moment, causing Haunt's fangs to catch it by its open jaw. Their teeth clashed together noisily and Haunt tasted her own blood in her mouth as several of the seal's canines punctured her gums.

It was tempting to mitigate the damage by releasing and springing backward. Instead, Haunt clamped down and braced her feet, then whipped her head with such force that she managed to break the animal's jaw. It was all over after that, though it would take a while yet for the seal to concede defeat and come to rest on the blood-soaked sands.

I thought it might be fun to do a roll for the next round. Odds = the seal escapes; evens = they kill it!

ETA: I'm dropping Haunt and she's about to be removed for inactivity. I edited my post to conclude it, though feel free to tack on your own ending or simply archive!
Messages In This Thread
cutthroat - by Haunt - March 22, 2021, 12:39 PM
RE: cutthroat - by Sasha Deagon - March 27, 2021, 05:22 PM
RE: cutthroat - by Haunt - March 28, 2021, 08:18 PM
RE: cutthroat - by Sasha Deagon - March 30, 2021, 03:04 PM
RE: cutthroat - by Haunt - March 31, 2021, 08:43 AM
RE: cutthroat - by Sasha Deagon - April 13, 2021, 02:58 AM
RE: cutthroat - by Haunt - April 13, 2021, 12:06 PM