Broken Antler Fen So I give you ten thousand reasons to not let me go
120 Posts
Ooc — Hela
i'm v sorry this took me so long

Hymnal had no real awareness as she grew within the safety of her mother's belly, but even her tiny mind knew the feeling of warmth and comfort; she was surrounded by both for as long as she could remember, and she was perfectly content that way. She had nothing else to compare it to—she knew nothing about what life could be like or the family she would quickly grow to love. 

So when things started to move around her, her body sent a jolt of cortisol through her tiny veins—a fundamental response to stress, done without her conscious effort. Her heart began to beat quickly in her chest, and she squirmed within her fleshy confines. The movement from outside got stronger and more relentless and eventually, she just gave in.

Coldness was the next thing she felt, and she squeaked in discomfort. She didn't like this at all. But warmth came again; it moved over her, warming where it touched but the feeling didn't last long. Then she was being moved again, and she cried out even louder. The distressed sound stopped immediately as she was placed against her mother. Warmth surrounded her, and then she was distracted by a comforting scent. Instinct took over then and guided her to start feeding. Little Hymnal filled her belly until she couldn't eat anymore. Finally content, she quickly fell asleep, nuzzled between her parents and her sister—a place that would come to be her favorite.
Messages In This Thread
RE: So I give you ten thousand reasons to not let me go - by Hymnal - June 14, 2021, 08:26 PM