Bearclaw Valley your gaze will haunt me
patron saint
are we all lost like you?
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Read Only 
backdated a couple of days!

Ursus was gone.

The emptiness of the valley should have brought relief, but Merrit only felt a sense of dread settle between his shoulders as he emerged from the passageway that had once led into his enemy's claim.

Merrit did not think Merrick would simply disappear. He did not think he would simply die, without leaving an heir to take over his wicked realm. But Merrit no patch of unearthed ground. No signs of struggle, no signs of war, nor of malice, nor destruction. No signs, really, to give any reason why Ursus would leave. The territory lay in peace. Quiet, perhaps for the first time in years.

But where had they gone?
with quiet words I'll lead you in
"I used to be so afraid of looking into the night sky, so vast.. so deep.."
27 Posts
Ooc — Peppermint
Hazy memories of home swam in Latte's dreams like smoke against the sky.  It was safe here, safe and protected in the memories that she both hated and cherished.  But sanctuary in dreams soon ended, as they always did.  Latte blinked sleep out of her bleary eyes.  A moment of confusion preceded a feeling of longing.  

If only I could find my way back again.. The mutt lamented wistfully before noticing that something was wrong.  She smelled something.  Someone.  Scrabbling into an upright position, Latte looked frantically, almost hysterically around, not daring to speak.

I may not be comfortable with certain topics due to the fact that I am a minor.  Cursing and suggestive or sexual behavior (beyond simple romance), even in-character, is a definite no for me.  If you wouldn't be comfortable posting something knowing that there may be a child reading it, do not post it during a roleplay with me.  :)

Latte gives out compliments like grandmas give out candy.  She sees the beauty in almost everything, I promise you that she is not flirting with your character.  Like, seriously, she compliments snails. 

patron saint
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
In his investigations, Merrit remained alert, with both ears turned to catch any sound of wolves nearby. He could not help but fear that Ursus might truly still be here, that they might have seen his approach from afar and had prepared an ambush for him. Surely they had noticed Easthollow's absence. Surely they must have revelled in that, and surely would take any chance to wipe out anyone who had survived Stone Circle's fall.

So he was already on edge when a scrabbling noise pitched over the quiet that surrounded him, and Merrit tightened, battle-ready, as Hydra had taught him on the mountains.

He pinpointed the noise and flicked his gaze back and forth until he caught a glimpse of ill-hidden fur, not a few stone throws from where he searched. Tucked within the mess of undergrowth. Clearly seeking concealment. Merrit shifted to seek a position downwind and eyed about him. Perhaps this was a trap. Perhaps he was already trapped, and very well.

Merrit charged and would seek to pin this bear wolf to the ground, for he would not fall without a fight.
27 Posts
Ooc — Peppermint
Latte only had the chance to register that a big, dark blur was in moving towards her. She yelped and tried to scramble away but was too late. A great weight knocked her to the ground as lights popped in front of her vision. Latte could feel the gigantic creature's weight on her chest, whimpering at the uncomfortable pressure.

Latte could feel the creature's warm breath on her face and squeezed her eyes shut, tears rolling onto her white cheeks. The shivering mutt was the epitome of pathetic.  It must be one of the wild beasts come to eat me! Maybe I'm on its territory! Latte took a moment to scold herself for being so stupid before another wave of fear hit her.

"P-please d-don't eat me!" She whimpered, still not daring to open her eyes lest she saw the terrifying beast before her.

It was futile, she knew, assuming that it was a terrible beast, but panic had beaten all logical thinking out of her mind.

I may not be comfortable with certain topics due to the fact that I am a minor.  Cursing and suggestive or sexual behavior (beyond simple romance), even in-character, is a definite no for me.  If you wouldn't be comfortable posting something knowing that there may be a child reading it, do not post it during a roleplay with me.  :)

Latte gives out compliments like grandmas give out candy.  She sees the beauty in almost everything, I promise you that she is not flirting with your character.  Like, seriously, she compliments snails. 

patron saint
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Sorry for the delayed response! There is no in-built bump feature on this site, though the Threadlog is coded to show when it is each player's turn to reply in a thread! Response times vary from writer to writer, my month has been quite busy which accounts for the wait. Again, sorry about that!

Fur pressed beneath him, and with the skill of a warrior, he seemed to manage to manoeuvre his paws to turn his enemy to face him. She had tried to run but he had stopped her. As he looked on her now, his conscience stirred with the question of whether he had made a mistake.

She reminded him of Clay, in a way. Not at all in shape or size, but he remembered how his brother had shrunk beneath him when he had intercepted him at Moonspear. When he had mistaken him for an intruder and had gone after him as such when all Clay had been was a boy he should have helped.

A boy who had died. He felt now as though he stood on some precipice, a ledge between clarity and paranoia. If they had been anywhere but Bearclaw Valley he might have been more easily swayed to trust her submissive display. But as it was, he felt Ursus all around him, in the shadows that creaked beneath the tousled trees, in the silence that continued to meet him past the pleas of the girl on the ground.

"And how has Ursus not eaten you first?" he retorted. Ears half-turned, eyes glancing out, debating what to do.
27 Posts
Ooc — Peppermint
 "U-Ursus?" Latte squeaked blankly, popping one eye open.  Her voice was high pitched and tremulous.  She didn't know what Ursus was.  Was she supposed to know?  Was Ursus going to eat her?  I don't know!  Latte didn't like not knowing things, as that meant not foreseeing dangers.  But then again, not knowing things meant not being afraid of them.  
     Augh! That doesn't matter!  I might get eaten!  The dog berated herself.  "Will it- will it e-eat me?"  Her large brown eyes were wide open now, staring imploringly up into the creature's face.  But it wasn't a creature.  It was a wolf.  A very big, very very scary wolf, and she could feel his moist breath on her face.  Latte drew back so that her small quaking body was squished against the ground.  She didn't like it at all.