Duskfire Glacier I can feel you all around me
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
All Welcome 
It had been some time since Eldritch returned from her trip with Lane. 
The Seer spent most of her time to herself, filling in missing or wasted herbs, and finding ways to practice her ways with the Daedric Gods that she had come to worship throughout her time in the Teekons. 
The void-colored woman finally peeled herself from her cave, taking a moment to stretch before she began to stride quietly into the deeper parts of the claim. Perhaps she'd come across someone today?
Eldritch is fluent in Daedric (Valryian) thanks to Aerenys having taught her the language behind the scenes
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Grey clouds covered the sky, blocking any sunlight that would warm the cool autumn season. In only a month, the wolf believed they would see their first signs of snow. Issorartuyok felt restless without it, as though the weight of his coat did not serve the same purpose in its absence. All that he could think to do was to busy himself with work around the village. The months before winter were vital times for preparation.

Prowling into the heart of the glacier territory, Issorartuyok carried a badger in his fangs. The northerner’s muzzle and neck were draped in crimson. The badger’s blood had created a trail from the trees to where Issorartuyok searched for a cache. It was there that his gaze fell on a younger wolf. With a mouth full of prey, the burly northerner barked a greeting.
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Eldritch is actually 4 years old! Though I imagine she looks younger lmao <3

A muffled bark drew her attention, and the Seer turned her white gaze to the muscular man with a badger in his teeth.
Impressive, she thought with a small smile, swaying her tail.
"You must be new." She started with a mild chuckle
"My name is Eldritch." 
Eldritch is fluent in Daedric (Valryian) thanks to Aerenys having taught her the language behind the scenes
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
My apologies! Issorartuyok is written as an unreliable narrator. He saw her “lithe dark shape” and immediately assumed she was a spry young thing. ^^ Usually his understanding of people adapts as I write him out and will shift. Sorry about that!

When the dark wolf spoke, she regarded him with a curious eye. Her shape was black as the night, limber in its shape. The voice she carried was mysterious in many ways. The northerner was taken aback for only a moment. When he had regained himself, Issorartuyok plopped the badger at his large paws and boomed a laugh.

This one believed you were nothing more than a yearling. Eldritch, he tasted her name on his tongue and tilted his broad skull curiously. You are mysterious. I am Issorartuyok of the north. A new member to this village. The broad beast puffed himself proudly and offered her a small smile.
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
not a problem at all and no worries! <3

The witch couldn't help but smile wider as the muscular man introduced himself. 
Issorartuyok, his name is. He admits he is new to the pack, which Eldritch had already thought, due to not recognizing him. 
Eldritch meets his gaze with a goodhearted grin "I'm already a mystery?" The question was asked with flattered amusement. 
Already, the darkling couldn't help but like this man. Perhaps they may become good friends!
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Indeed, the northerner answered her matter-of-factly. The dark wolves were sparse in his home village. Issorartuyok had been considered an abnormality among his paler siblings, many of them only touched by various shades of grey and cloaked in wintery white. Some differences were enough to make a man proud, and the large wolf had found a sense of pride in his colors.

Eldritch, do you know the glacier well? This one is working to create new prey caches, larger ones. Then they will be filled before the snow falls, Issorartuyok spoke to her with a curious tilting of his head. In the time that he did not spend with the scout, the northerner had taken to making himself useful to the glacier.
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
The Seer exhaled with a gentle chuckle, listening to the muscular newcomer's inquiry about the glacier.

"I've only been here a few months. Since spring or summer, I believe. In that time I've gotten to know the glacier decently." El responded, tilting her head some degree to the side, "May I be of any help?" 
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The dark wolf had only been there for a few moons, but that was ample time to have found secure footing in the landscape, to know some of the most favorable places in it. The northerner nodded his head in understanding, pleased to know that he had found himself in the company of another newer spirit to those lands, one who was dark and curious to Issorartuyok.

Yes, we will go at once. You can show me a good place for a large cache, yes? I will work on it, and we will share words. It seemed like a fine suggestion, one that he was certain Eldritch would not decline. The deep brown in his eyes struck her face and the northerner nodded firmly. You will not be such a mystery then. Then he smiled.
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
The Witchling regarded him with a welcoming smile as he suggested that she show him good places to form large caches. 
The dark man concluded that they could share words, and then she would be less mysterious. 
Eldritch laughed lightly and wagged her tail for a beat or two. 
"I suppose I can show you some good spots." She purled , a friendly smile still on her face. 
With that said, the Seer looked around and held her gaze on the sloping backside of the communal dens...perhaps there....? 
The vantablack-pelted woman turned route for the side/back end of the denning area, her mind working as to if it really was a beneficial place for larger caches. 

She supposed so, given it was close to where most of the pack kept their dens.
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The dark woman was coy with her words, bringing a quick smile to the northerner’s dark face. He enjoyed those who would tease, but they did not always appreciate his literal nature.

Eldritch did turn, Issorartuyok followed. The large male moved with heavy steps, but he was pleased to be set on a path. The northerner did not have any hesitations in his plan. He believed that preparing for winter would be important to all the wolves in the glacier village. Once he had completed his task, he believed he could journey back to Moonglow, perhaps make it part of his trip with Meerkat. The more he thought on it, the smarter it seemed.

What skills are you most proud of, Eldritch? Issorartuyok inquired, curious to get to know the other protectors of the glacier.
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Eldritch led the way in quiet. 
That is, until the northerner inquired as to her skills. 
She paused briefly, a quiet hum from her throat as she considered the knacks in her pocket. 

"I pride myself in my skills with spiritualism and medicine." Eldritch answered, glancing to Issor. 
"How about yourself?"
It was only fair to ask in return.
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Issorartuyok nodded his head fervently, pleased to hear that this dark woman was talented in arts that he recognized from his northern home. There were not many who could boast a strength in spiritualism, so the large man assumed that she had plenty of reason to share such a sentiment.

You are a shaman and medic! Very good, the northerner complimented Eldritch with a loud voice and a sure nod of his broad head. These are special skills, in my village in the north.

This one is a protector. I fight to defend my village and its members from any threat. My fangs are sharp, and my body is powerful. I must use these strengths for the good of my people. Pride welled within him. Issorartuyok felt his chest rise with pleasure.
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Eldritch smiled at his compliments, tail swaying with pride and approval as Issor told of his own skills.

The Seer continued to lead the way to their destination.
"I considered taking up combat training. But I think I'm more useful as a witch and a doctor than I would be as a guardian." She mused.
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The northerner nodded his head in understanding. Issorartuyok could not comprehend what Eldritch meant regarding her skills as a warrior, but he did feel that he could empathize with the desire to be better at certain skills.

You can always learn the ways of a guardian without forgetting your true strengths, the northerner assured her in a booming voice. He laughed and filled the air with a deep, pleasant sound. I would be happy to teach you. When the large male peered to Eldritch, he admired the intelligence behind her silver-light eyes. In another life, he could see her as a mischievous type – a wolf who belonged in the dark of the shadows.

A wolf should always know how to protect their home.
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
such a short post I'm sorry ;w;

The Seer smiled softly as they neared closer to the place alongside the stones, swaying her tail softly at his offer.
"I wouldn't mind learning." Eldritch mused, sniffing at the soil and digging with her claws to test if it was good enough for a large food cache.
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
You have strength in your spirit!

Issorartuyok looked warmly to the dark woman, pleased that she was willing to learn. It shined a positive light, that willingness. He felt himself overcome with the moment and bowed his head to Eldritch in hopes that he had not grown too loud. The northerner was thrilled to have found the company he had in the glacial village. He had been blessed.

I should like to learn from you, as well. If you will teach this one.

Please do not be sorry! *w* I love short posts. <3
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Eldritch laughed softly at the appraisal, starting to dig at the dirt.
As she anticipated, it was soft enough to begin a healthy-sized cache.

"I would be happy to teach you as well." The Seer smiled, swaying her tail happily.
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The northerner nodded his head firmly to Eldritch, pleased that she would willingly share her knowledge with him. Issorartuyok was pleased that he might expand his mind while living in the glacial village, that he would have people around him who would be able to share what they had learned in their lives.

The large male began to paw at the soft earth she indicated and felt the give of the dirt beneath his claws. His nose was lowered so that he could drink in the scent of the ground. Eldritch had a good sense of the village territory. She had found a good place for the cache Issorartuyok would make.

This will be perfect, he verbally approved, and his large feet set to work.
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
The spiderling smiled softly at Isso's comment as he explored the dirt for himself, approval on his face, so it seemed.
Eldritch hummed quietly in response and began to dig beside him until the cache was to his liking.

The Witch wasn't always one for words, and sometimes would hyperfocus on the task in front of her, as was likely the case now.
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I'd love another at some point. ^^

The duo spent some time together while Issorartuyok worked to improve on their stores. He was pleased to chat with the dark woman. She had a calming presence about her. The sharpness of her gaze was lovely.

When he had finished the construction of the storage hole, the man bid Eldritch farewell. He would venture beyond the glacier and hunt to fill the stores. When he returned, he would begin work on the next one. When the snows fell heavy on their land, they would be prepared with supplies. It would keep the village strong.