Lion Head Mesa Anubis
77 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
It had been several days since the Pharaoh and the lady of the mesa had wed. The party had been lavish with many guests who had traveled to visit and see the ceremony.

The Fellahin had done their work, wooing those who could be swayed with a few sensual whispers. Kasmut had watched the Pharaoh as he had spoken his vows to his wife. She had gazed shrewdly upon Satsu, uncertain of the worthiness of such a wolf. Jealousy burned like fire in the pit of her stomach.

Even in the days that passed, Kasmut could still feel the singe of that heightened emotion. She wondered how the Pharaoh had met his wife, how he had decided to wed her and make her a ruler at his side. The flower was filled with these thoughts as she washed herself, bathing in waters that smelled of summer and berries.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
"you are the one who serves only the pharaoh."

tamar's voice was not accusing. it was only gentle wonder which filled it. her own paws ached from carrying many things, from cleaning, from endlessly tending the mazoi.

even sayf, one of ramesses' favourites, had been sent to entertain their guests.

but not kasmut.

tamar exhaled gratefully at the touch of water upon her feet.
77 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The voice that filled the room was familiar. Kasmut turned to see the firelight colors of the woman she had met before, the one who had led her to Pharaoh. The pale figure smiled softly at her remark.

Yes, Kasmut confirmed, her tone airy.

There was some pride in that reputation. She felt treasured by the Pharaoh. She was his. It had a weight in her chest unlike any other. The diamond had not been so foolish as to lose herself in the pleasure of Akashingo or its ruler. She had been watchful in her short time there.

You are the one who serves only the queen. This carried a weight, as well.

Tamar had never known the ruler of the mesa, not the way Kasmut had.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
"and the mazoi."

by now she had been seen at least three times going into the alcoves of the tradesmen.

tamar hid her shame with focus upon her grooming. "the queen had two maids. now it is only me."

her voice was singsong and wan. "what is it like being only at the pharaoh's pleasure."
77 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The diamond regarded her with a small nod, unsure why she would need to clarify that she tended to the Mazoi. There was less honor in that, less fulfillment, surely. The pale figure preened at the fur near her ribs with careful teeth before she drew her attention back to Tamar.

She wished to know what it was like to be with Pharaoh. To belong only to him.

Kasmut smiled sweetly at her, opening her mouth and tilting her head just slightly to the left. It was a thoughtful motion, but her eyes glittered with certainty.

It is fulfilling in every way. I am blessed to be his and only his. Ra has touched him, and he has touched me. It is everything, to be with a God. Kasmut’s voice was full of her conviction. Ramesses had been washed in the sunlight glow of Ra. She did not doubt that he was meant as a God. She believed he would fulfill the role splendidly. 

You have not been so fortunate? He has not fulfilled you in this way?
Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
kasmut was dangerous.

tamar did not understand the realization until she listened to how the beautiful blossom spoke of pharaoh. all worshipped ramesses. but kasmut had been chosen by him, in a way even jawahir had not been granted.

the maidservant's gaze tightened. she looked away. "i wish to remain at the queen's side."
77 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Kasmut laughed, a loud and mocking sound.

I was not aware that wants and wishes were taken into consideration here, she mused with a sneaking smile. Pride swelled her breast, filling her with power that she could feel in the tingling of her paws. She knew well enough that she was a prize to be had, but for them to know it, that was far more important.

Tell me of the queen. I have not spent time with her. It was less of an ask and more of a demand, but she made the statement airily and continued to wash at herself with careful precision. Kasmut did not wish to meet the gaze of Tamar. The queen’s servant was of little interest to the desert flower, now that she knew.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
tamar felt her ears fall back against her skull.

kasmut teased with the easiness of one who had royal favour. but surely there was a darker price for occupying only pharaoh's bed. and she hoped that the beautiful one would not find it so.

"she is kind." a lie. "she is proud as pharaoh ramesses. they are a good match."

sensing that kasmut did not intend for her to leave, tamar warily dropped to her haunches.
77 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Kasmut watched Tamar curiously.

In truth, the desert flower did not care if Satsu was kind, or if she had pride. For the pale woman, such things were blemishes on the personality of one who was not deserving. What pride did Satsu have? She was not of the sands, not of the heat in the desert. She did not know the favor of the Gods. She was a simple thing who had been fortunate to be blessed by Ra, by Ramesses.

I do not wish to know how she behaves, Kasmut sighed wistfully.

I wish to know where she comes from. What was her life before she was made Queen of Akashingo?

As she asked these things, Kasmut wondered if Tamar could answer or if the maidservant was nothing more than a simpleton who had been set to work.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
tamr felt herself commanded again by kasmut.

she gathered herself with a slowly burning and righteous indignation.

"if you wish to know the queen, then come to her court." she would not be a spy for the favored one. already she and jawahir shared too much.

tamar breathed out. "you are only a concubine, kasmut. when the pharaoh has his children, you will see where your rank is."
77 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Very well, I will.

Kasmut pouted, rising from the water and stepping out where her pale coat dripped onto the ground and returned to the bath.

When Tamar spoke again, to say that the desert flower was only a concubine to the Pharaoh, Kasmut regarded her with cold indifference. The coral light of her eyes latched tightly to the fiery coat of the maid – a figure that was surely favored in the eyes of the mesa’s ruler. How had little Tamar gotten so bold? Was it that she only served the queen, so she had no fear?

You foolish servant. I wish to carry his children. You know nothing of what you speak. You are spoiled for a maid.

With a huff, the flower shook her coat and padded from the bathroom.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
"only wives are recognized," but she said under her breath.

kasmut had spoken her true desire: to carry the children of pharaoh. 

tamar wondered if she should relay this to the queen, to allow the woman her preemptive strike.

but she thought then of all the times that satsu had struck her. it was by that one's hand she had been sent to the mazoi.

but surely satsu did not think her role safe. she must now defend it with children.

tamar departed. she would to the alcoves of the tradesmen first. and all the while her mind remained upon this subject.