Blacktail Deer Plateau Heart weighs a ton
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
I'm assuming everyone's present for this. This thread will only consist of one or two rounds, so it won't really count for EXP, unfortunately. Please post ASAP and/or let us know your plans here! :)

@Dante @Blue Willow @Finley @Amelie @Osprey @Finn @FitzDutiful @Atticus @Kaihra @Kesuk @Koda @Tytonidae @Pura

When Peregrine reached the plateau, he wanted to hug the ground a while, then find some food and take a long nap. He could do none of those things. This isn't your home anymore, pal, he reminded himself, his mouth twisting into a frown. This was not how he'd wanted to go about this, fretting and rushing and likely burning bridges because of his haste. Yet what choice did he have?

He should have called his co-leaders first or taken aside his sister and daughter. There just wasn't time for that, though. Instead, the Alpha male threw his head into the air and summoned everyone in his ranks. He would deliver the news all at once. This was the part where he expected some of them to hate his guts for the way he handled the situation. There wasn't much he could do about that.

Once his pack mates gathered around him — this was the last time he'd stand before this group as their Alpha — Peregrine said, "I have something important to tell all of you and I apologize for my brevity. Fox and I decided we would like to settle down and start our family somewhere we chose together as a pair. She wasn't happy here and I'm sure not all of you were happy with her either." He paused. "To make a long story short, we along with Lasher found a place to go. Fox and Lasher are there right now. The reason Fox isn't here to help me make this announcement — and the reason I'm rushing this entire thing — is because she's badly injured. I have to get back to her as soon as possible.

I wish I had more time to talk to each one of you, to make arrangements and say goodbye. I don't have that time now, though I want to establish a precedent right here and now: if you all will accept my offer, I would like our new pack, Redhawk Caldera, and Blacktail Deer Plateau to be sister packs. And if any of you would like to come with me back there, you're welcome, though I encourage you to stay here. This is a wonderful pack and although I will not deign to assign a new leader — Dante and Blue Willow will figure that out among themselves, I'm sure — you will be in great hands, no matter what."

His eyes swept his audience, taking in their expressions. He hated to do this to them, especially the likes of Blue Willow and Tytonidae. He was blindsiding them all. Peregrine could only hope that, if they were upset with him initially, they would forgive him in time. Up to this point, he had never been one to socialize with wolves outside of his pack, yet Blacktail Deer Plateau was about to become a huge exception to the rule that had governed his life for so long. They would have to hammer out details over time, yet Peregrine would never turn his back on the plateau or its wolves.

"I'll hang out for a few minutes to answer questions," Peregrine concluded, "though I have to get back to Fox quickly. Her life literally depends on me right now."
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Finley sat quietly at the side of a wolf she had often found herself next to lately--Finn. It wasn't something she was really consciously aware of, the fact that whenever there was some sort of gathering, casual or business, she just sort of gravitated to his side. Ever since he'd "saved" her from the moth, her subconscience just placed her near him whenever it could, because there she was safe. Safe from everything except the complete and utter freak-out she would suffer if she ever became aware of the growing feelings she had inside for her doppleganger.

As to what Peregrine was telling them, the news did hit her hard, as though she had slammed straight into the flat side of a mountain while running at top speed. The good thing about Finley was that even when she had actually done that, she'd bounced right back up and kept going--albeit with a slight limp. There was no physical limp this time as her eyes lit up as the excitement of change set fire to her wild heart. While she enjoyed living in the Plateau, she was not much one to become attached to a place. Her fickle heart was always eager for something new and something thrilling that a piece of land, timeless and unchanging, just couldn't satisfy.

She was, however, attached to her fellow wolves. And as much as she had come to adore many in her pack, there were those who had won more of her friendship and affection than others. One was her swarthy alpha with whom she shared her humor. The other was his fiery mate who shared her adventurous, bold spirit. And then there was the other, and that's where the metaphorical limp came in.

Fin gave her stunt double a sidelong glance, wondering what he thought of this. What she would do if he did not want to join them was beyond her, for she hadn't a doubt in her mind as she gave him her saddest, most pleadingest little puppy face that this was a silent argument she would win (especially since she won all of the not-so-quiet ones too).

</style>

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
EDIT: sorry guys my son busted his head open at school so I had to rush away Going to clean this up and add a bit more to it.

Blue heard the howl and it sounded important so she ran post haste to get to it. Blue stared at him as the words sunk in and she felt her heart break a little bit. Not only was he abandoning them, but he didn't even have the kindness to tell her on his own. So much for friendship. She listened further and was alarmed at Fox's condition, but didn't say anything else. If Lasher was there why did her life depend on Peregrine, Blue shook her head and sat down heavily. He couldn't even take the time to give proper goodbyes, or to explain completely. She knew he was worried about Fox, but even Blue herself would have been nice enough to say goodbye properly or at least one on one before she left if Atticus was sick or hurt. She snorted and simply stared she didn't say a word. He didn't even give her and Dante a choice, what if they did not wish to lead in his stead? What if they had wanted to come?

She tilted her ears backwards and a frown replaced her usual jovial countenance. She was actually rather hurt and angry and she actually wanted to rip into Peregrine. Tell him exactly what she thought of him and his mate going off and leaving them all here, simply because Fox wanted to. He had always told her he was a family man, she was seriously believing he had been lying at this point, or maybe Hawkeye had been right, he only thought with the male part of himself. It saddened her to a great degree to feel so harshly for her best friend, but at the same time she felt it was justified. She stayed silent however afraid to air her own feelings since she was a leader.
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
What a shock.

FitzDutiful had rushed at the call. His first pack meeting! What he didn't know, on his journey across the pack lands, was that this was also going to be his last pack meeting as part of Blacktail Deer Plateau. He hadn't been here long but he had no attachment to Dante or Blue Willow to stay. Perry had taken the time to explain the skills to him again and Fox had given him an opportunity to begin to develop those skills. These wolves knew him, if not well, compared to the others who he had met in passing only.

He had stayed silent throughout the meeting, and as it came to a close he asked no questions. He offered a brief consolation with a smile, "If there's any way I can help either of you, let me know." And that was it.

Sat off to one side, FitzDutiful waited to follow his alpha to their new pack lands. The bright side was, now he would get to see the development of his pack from the start. There was no better way to become a Chronicler.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante had heard the call and come with some trepidation, but whatever he had been expecting, this wasn't it. Wasn't even in the same universe of it. All he could do once peregrine finished speaking was stare, stunned to silence and pelt prickling with betrayal. A not often experienced emotion crept upon the man then.

He was pissed.

Not only did the alpha pair neglect to tell their seconds, or anyone for that matter, about their true purposes for traveling. Now, without any advance warning, he and Blue were expected to take over leadership. No courteous advance notice or even, hey, asking them if they wanted the responsibility. True, he said they would 'figure it out', not that tet would necessarily be in charge. But it was still a lot of responsibility to assume that they would take on and announce to the pack.

When he had joined, he had told Peregrine he had no desire to lead. When he (hesitantly) accepted the Beta position he had done so with the understanding that he would be support. Only support.

Now he felt Peregribe was throwing his words back in his face. Because what choice did h have now? This was his home and he loved it. He had thought that the Alpha felt the same, but apparently not. And apparently Fox (who he too felt couldn't need Peregrine so badly if he had left Lasher) was a higher priority than properly taking care of the pack. What, was he a healer now? What the hell could he do for her that his lover could not?

Perhaps they were better off if he left.

Had he not a responsibility to support his pack mates, he'd have walked away right then. He had never been so let down in his life.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
[size=x-small]Edit: I started writing this when no one had posted yet, so I'm editing to include their reactions.[/size]

Koda had just finished adding his freshest catch, a decently-sized whitefish, to one of the pack's caches when he heard Peregrine's howl. The Alpha was calling everyone together for a pack meeting, and it sounded urgent.

The gray wolf did a quick scan of his body, and growled. He was still dripping wet from splashing around in the river. And his paws were filthy from digging in the mud (he couldn't see it, but his face was covered in dirt too). And on top of all that, he smelled slightly of fish. He did not want to be seen by others right now, especially Kesuk. What if she thought he was gross, and didn't want to give him kisses anymore? Koda began to seriously consider ignoring the summons.

But Koda knew he couldn't skip out on this. The Alpha obviously had some big important news if he was calling them all together out of the blue. And what kind of impression would he make on his new leader if he didn't bother to show up when he was needed?

Koda walked briskly toward the meeting place, shaking as much dirt and water from his pelt as he could as he walked. Unfortunately, there wasn't much he could do about the fish smell. He sat away from the rest of the group, hoping to spare them from breathing in fish smell. He glanced around at all the wolves gathered near, recognizing only Finley and Kesuk.

Once every plateau wolf had gathered, Peregrine made his announcement. Koda was stunned by the news. He'd never met Fox, so he didn't know why some of the wolves in the pack would have a problem with her. But was it really so bad that she felt the only solution was to move away and leave the plateau leaderless? Perhaps Koda would do some investigating later, for now he simply listened as Peregrine wrapped up his announcement. An uncomfortable silence followed.

Koda stepped forward, knowing this would probably be his only opportunity to say goodbye. He did not agree at all with how Fox and Peregrine had gone about this whole thing, but he couldn't be angry with them for following their own path. "Good luck out there, man," he said, playfully butting Perry's shoulder with his head.

The gray wolf started to walk away, then paused and looked back at Perry over his shoulder. "And keep working on your fishing technique," he urged the black male. "If I come visit, I wanna go fishing with you again."

Koda rejoined the group, parking his butt next to Kesuk in case she needed his comfort.
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Saēna had barely been back for a few hours when the Plateau boiled into turmoil. Dante had allowed her to return to the land of her birth and Saēna had taken the first few hours to reacquaint herself with its features. She was sad to know that Junior's scent was no longer present, and far sadder to know Pura's was also missing. Tytonidae was still around. Though they'd parted on shaky terms with Saēna believing she was the biggest liar going, she'd changed her tune out in the wild world.

She arrived confidently to her foster father's call, and it was only his panicked voice that stopped her from sweeping forward to greet him warmly. It never occurred to her that he might not want to see her after her disappearance, just as it didn't occur that Blue Willow might still consider her a brat or that any of them might not want her there.

She arrived in time to hear the basic explanation, and when Peregrine admitted he was looking for a new home because Fox wanted to, her eyes narrowed. Junior had warned Saēna about Fox and her desires, and what she heard, however subjective, only confirmed how she already felt. It's all about Fox now, was the predominant bitter thought in her mind. There was no way Peregrine could have known Saēna had come back to apologize and make things right but she chose to be blind to it because of her sudden, intense dislike for his usurping mate.

She hoped they wouldn't accept his offer. Although Saēna was usually a rational and forgiving creature, she hoped they would show him what abandonment meant, and that it was intolerable. She didn't consider what she'd done abandonment, just time to cleat her head, but he was leaving permanently all for his stupid mate.

"Your family is here," she piped up stonily from somewhere behind the rigid Blue Willow as the overwhelming truth in Junior's previous assessment of Fox (and Peregrine) came to light, "but you don't care about us anymore, do you?" Without giving him a chance to respond, if only because her heart would snap if he tried to justify his actions, she did what some of them were wishing they could do: she turned her back on him and strode dismissively away.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Tytonidae heeded the call without a worry in the world. She occasionally thought of the boy who lived on The Sunspire, but besides her father's (and his two lovers') absence, the plateau had been peaceful and normal. Ty consulted with her (imaginary) friends on whether it was too soon to go back and visit her friend, but her father's call kept her from coming to a conclusion just yet.

When she arrived, and Peregrine began speaking, Ty didn't feel abandoned. He was simply leaving, like all the rest of her family had done. In order to avoid any pain, Ty had convinced herself that everybody was supposed to leave at some point or another. A couple of strangers spoke, but they didn't say anything of terrible importance, and Ty awaited to be dismissed. She lacked the intuition to realize that the silence was an uncomfortable one when Blue and Dante failed to speak.

But it was Saena's voice that caught her attention, and Ty wrinkled her brow at the red-tipped girl. "Don't worry, Dad, I know you care. I want to stay here, though. I'll come visit lots!" Ty promised. If the pack's primary gamekeeper was now moving on, they would need somebody to take his place. And while she still had plenty of work to do, Tytonidae thought she would some day be able to fill his shoes.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
It all had been too good to last for long. Had Osprey had more experience with the bad stuff in life, she would have known, what to expect and prepare for it. As she rushed to the meeting site, she felt happy for a succesful hunt in the morning, for the great idea of a story she had come up with, for the new friends she had made here, oblivious to the fact that after mere seconds all of this would seem totally insignificant.

The sight of Peregrine, who looked worried and in a rush, worried her and her first instinct was to go over to him and reassure him that everything would be alright. It was her childish belief that a cuddle and telling "I love you" could fix the world. Yet his announcement made her stop dead in her tracks. She froze, looking at her brother in disbelief, trying to comprehend, what he was saying now. What he was about to do.

He was leaving. Just like that.

There were millions of questions she wanted to ask him - starting from "whys" and "hows" and ending with suggestions of, how to solve this situation and not have him leave. She thought of their recent reunion and those few happy moments they had spent together. With his newest conquests in the way, there hadn't been that many. Still feeling guilt for disappearing for two months, she had not sought him out more and now it seemed that she should have.

Osprey tried to put together the image of her brother and best friend she had once known and the stranger before her, who was telling that he was leaving everything behind just because his new mate had wished so. He hadn't even considered the fact that his people would have willingly followed him, had he told them about his wish to relocate. No. He gave them the choice and, even though it was fair, this fact seemed the one it hurt most. As if he wanted to begin somewhere new without them.

It was at this very moment, when she understood, how her mother had felt, when everyone had left her during the childhood. The disappointment, the anger - she let that inside her, she let it rage within. "What about your responsibilities here?" she asked, her voice ice cold. "Your children, your people? Aren't we your family? Don't we count, when you make such decisions? Why have you put Fox above everyone else here?" it was unfair to say so - part of her knew that - yet it was unfair of what he was doing to them now. He was splitting the pack up. "You - of all people - who hate and resent abandonment - why do you abandon us now?"
247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
The howl startled the rabbit Kesuk had been hunting. It sped off into the bushes as Kesuk pricked her ears at the sound, deep and lined with sorrow. Kesuk instantly recognized it as Peregrine's and worry filled her to the brim. Had something horrible happened? Had one of the wolves died? What if it was Koda? Her fear spiked immensely as she sprinted through the trees at a frightening speed.

She skidded to a stop a couple yards away from the group. She pressed forward until she was among them. Searching the crowd she only recognized Koda and Peregrine. She was still to new to know many others. She let out a sigh of relief that Koda was ok and stifled a laugh at the mud smeared all over him. That's when Peregrine started to speak.

Kesuk froze at his words. He was leaving. The only real home she had had in a long time was suddenly being ripped apart. Tears pinpricked her eyes as she turned away. She knew it was to good to be true, to surreal. One of the only people she knew and trusted was leaving. Maybe she should leave too. Go back to being a loner. Sure, it could get lonesome at times but there was no one to tell her what to do, she could make her own choices. But most of all, if she was a loner, no one could take any thing from her because she would have nothing for the taking.

Walking into the woods towards the mountains, her heart aching for someone to wake her up and tell her it was all just a dream, a nightmare. The further away she got, the more tears dripped down her face. She was on the far edge of the plateau, closer to the foot hills then the valley, when darkness started to fall. She searched around for a good place to sleep and she came across a shallow dip with brambles sheltering it from any weather that was unlikely to happen on a clear night like this. Settling down to sleep, she let out a sorrow filled howl into the star filled sky.
<FONT FACE="High tower text">disposable</div></FONT>.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie

Since the moment Amelie set foot out of her shared den, she knew ssomething wasn't quite right. Though she had slept soundly through the night and she had awoke with no physical discomfort, there was a certain feeling of heavyness in the atmosphere. Something that dragged down her lungs and made her throat tighten.

Maybe it's just a cold, she told herself while padding through the Plateu in searchs of small game. With Winter so close by every bit of prey was useful, especially since the Plateu was one of the most numerous packs. Before she could begin to track down her breakfast, a heart-churning howl rose through the air.

The young Delta sprinted to the meeting site, arriving just after Saēna; who like Junior had taken some time to herself. Amelie sat next to her, giving a soft chuff as a 'welcome back'. She had seen the kids grow up, so it was obviously saddening (though understandable) to see them fly away from the nest. She kept her eyes on the pale and ginger coated girl for a few seconds, before Peregrine's voice made began to rumble through the small clearing.

She should've guessed earlier that the worried glint in his eye was not to be taken lightly. Though he explained his rash decision as clearly as his jagged breath could allow him, it took a good minute for Amelie to process it all. She could undertsand that Saēna, Pura or Junior would want to spread their wings and leave, but having Peregrine -- the leader of the pack-- want to fly off just made her face contort into a frown.

Then as if her mind had been read, Saēna spoke up against his choice. Reminding him that Fox was not his only family. The charcoal girl's eyes fell again on top o the pup's head. She could understand her pain -- Amelie had never had father and her mother had also walked out on her. Since she was her baysitter, she had always felt a connection with the girl; like herself, Saēna had also lost a parent, and Kisu had mysteriously left too [size=x-small](..wonder why..)[/size]

Ty gave her father her support -- something that wasn't surprising; while Osprey spoke against him. And though Blue had not said anything yet, Amelie had already decided that wherever her mother went, she would follow.

It was sad to see Peregrine --the fatherly figure she had had during her time here-- turn into a puppet. Though she could not and would not try to convince him to open his eyes, she was silently glad Fox's dictarorship was over.

<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
From the minute the howl lighted the air, Kaihra prepared for the worst. She wouldn't let herself get caught off guard like she had when Peregrine had inducted Fox as their Beta. Though all had turned out well in the end, she'd let her nerves get the better of her and muddle her thinking beyond clear thought. She was keen to keep her mind clear this time around.

Kaihra was one of the last to arrive at the gathering and took a place near the side of the group. She felt more at ease in that position, where her back was turned to no one, and Kaihra took to analyzing the faces of her packmates as she waited for the meeting to begin. New sat among old, and some who had been at the past meeting were no longer present. She wondered how many absences followed Fox's sudden rise to leadership. Kaihra knew she'd almost been one of them, but the dark woman chose to give the ruddy girl a chance, and so far Fox proved a reliable Alpha. Their pack still stood strong and united under her reign, and they would need this as the harsh blows of winter approached.

But as Peregrine began to speak, his words quickly rendered all her thoughts irrelevant. He spoke in a hurried voice news that should have been anything but rushed, and soon she felt her steady expression fall into a hard pressed frown. How could Peregrine be leaving them? He was their Alpha. If anything less, she'd have nodded a firm farewell, but Peregrine had responsibilities here - and here he was throwing them all away because Fox wasn't happy? Kaihra sat in stunned silence, her eyes darting back and forth in search of understanding. The wolves who stood opposed to Fox's leadership had already left - and those who had stayed had done so trusting she would not let the pack fall beneath her paws. But now? Kaihra tasted a bitterness on her mouth and she flashed her worried eyes to Blue Willow and Dante - and noticed their shared expression of equal shock and anger. A startling thought hit her - had the Betas even been informed of this? Or were they hearing this news for the first time, too?

A mixture of voices rose in the clearing, some filled with excitement and others with outrage. Some outright left. She felt her paw begin to quiver, but Kaihra remained otherwise still and silent, settling her eyes on the large male as she waited for Peregrine's response.
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
I think everyone who's still active (except maybe Finn?) posted, so I'm gonna go ahead and post again. I <3 all of you! :)

Their reactions varied, though those closest to him largely appeared to hate his guts and those who didn't know him as well only wished him well (his sweet Tytonidae being the exception to the rule, as per usual). Peregrine acknowledged everyone's words by making eye contact with each wolf in turn, though he didn't speak. He didn't attempt to defend himself when his loved ones — several of whom had left the pack themselves — shouted at him about abandoning them. He took his punishment in silence, aware that this was a selfish and sudden decision. In doing this, he had momentarily put his wife and future children above all of them. Peregrine couldn't and wouldn't deny it.

"I'm truly sorry," he said when he could get a word in edgewise. "I understand why some of you are upset with me and don't blame you one bit. The circumstances suck. But I love all of you like family and I hope that we can eventually mend any bridges I've burned today. You're in good hands," he repeated his earlier words. "You're a strong pack. And I won't be very far away. If you want to come find me, my door is open to any of you." What else was there to say? If any of them wanted to follow — even his Betas — they would be welcomed. But he and Fox did not deign to force anyone's hand or ask the entire pack to move for them. The choice was entirely theirs, just as he thought it ought to be.

The swarthy male took the time to nudge his daughter and anyone else who would accept such a gesture from him. The rest he shot a final apologetic glance that bore hope for forgiveness. Then, more than a little heartbroken about the land and wolves he was leaving behind — Fox and their unborn pups were worth it, he reminded himself — Peregrine turned and left the scene. He sensed footsteps behind him and would eventually turn to acknowledge his followers. For the moment, he remained focused on the road ahead as he walked away from Blacktail Deer Plateau for the last time.
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue met Peregrine's eyes with fire in her own. She would not rip him apart with words, but it was clear in her expression the distaste and bitterness she felt at this parting. He was being very selfish and very cruel and to his closest friends no less. She was not sure if she wanted to speak with him at all. She was not one to usually let anyone go without a goodbye, because frankly you never knew what would happen, but she found at the moment at least she couldn't even utter a word. All she could do was stare at him in anger and confusion and hurt. Her heart felt heavy and the lump in her throat threatened to take her over. For a moment she herself was thinking selfishly as she thought well what about me? Atticus was still very very sick and he had lapses more and more lately, her father had just died and now her best friend was leaving her just like that, simply because Fox was not happy with them. She frowned, she had given her spot to the firey girl, had stepped down so she could rule, but she just wanted it all didn't she. Wanted to have her own home that she picked. Blue snorted and continued to stare at her friend.

Blue did finally speak Goodbye Peregrine. then she turned the opposite way of him and walked further into the pack lands. Her paws stirring up dirt and debris and her mind churning at the severe selfish actions of her former leader and best friend.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
ohmy sorry I was gonna post later today haha I was still catching up in other posts

The thought of the pack disbanding had never crossed the silver male's mind. Aside from the Plateu he had only been in one other pack --his birth pack; which was strictly family based. And during his short time in that pack he had learned one thing: leaving those who cared for you behind was the lowest of the low. (something that eventually he had done)

And though he had technically been given an ultimatum, the sole act of leaving was a sin --at least where he had come from. So when it was Peregrine, ruler and nucleus of the pack, the one that announced his departure, the silver man could do nothing but to huff in disbelief. Though Finn was far from being a saint, and had probably broken all laws established by his birth pack, he could not understand why Peregrine would leave a perfectly good territory because of Fox. No offense to the fiery redhead -- but if she loved Peregrine she would not make him leave just because.

If her health was the excuse he was using, then they could send Blue to heal her. There answers were there. They were just to blind to see them.

Just as Finn was when his doppleganger turned to look at him, with her ears pressed back and her lip quivering --as if she were a pup. He blinked at her with an empty look in his olive eyes. Peregrine had not even mentioned the place and he had not (as far as he'd heard) requested for them to follow. It wasn't an order and Peregrine was no longer his Alpha.

2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

The look of shared excitement she was expecting did not come. Instead the olive eyes that met hers were ones of conflict, of disappointment, and most of all, not of acceptance.

Fin's ears fell further, her smile fading and eyes casting away towards Peregrine who was standing quietly as his former packmates responded. She had missed the anger that others in the pack spoke to him with, her own confused feelings drowning them out so that they were only background noise to her thoughts. What was she going to do? On one hand, two of her closest friends were leaving to start a new adventure together, and Finley couldn't stand the thought of not being a part of it. But... Finn didn't want to. He didn't want to go and be a part of that with her. And that... Really hurt.

So Finley did the only thing she could think of to do in that situation--get angry. She didn't even know why she was mad, but she was, and she was hardly enough of the introspective type to start self-analyzing her actions now. So, she went with it. Fin gave her doppleganger one last look, this time with disdain masking the hurt and confusion behind her eyes, before pulling herself onto all fours and strutting off right after Peregrine without a word to the others.

</style>

Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
If Perry had done this right, had come to them sooner and been open about it, then perhaps he would have been ok. He should have spoken with he and Willow, spoken with his pack mates, given them time to decide and to say goodbye. This, a rushed announcement and immediate departure, told Dante that Peregrine didn't give two shits about them. This was not the man he had agreed to follow.

Blue Willow was a better wolf than he. He had worried that perhaps she would go with anyway, but her goodbye told that, at least for now, this was not the case. Relief filled him, but not enough to make him feel any more kindly towards Peregrine. Without a single word of farewell he turned, departing. Later he would seek out Blue, for they had much to consider. For now, though, he needed to cool down.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
The reactions of his pack mates varied from sadness, to bitter silence, to outright anger. Koda sat still and quiet, having nothing more to say to Peregrine. He hadn't had a chance to become attached to the alpha male or the others who had left with him, so it was difficult for him to relate to the other's feelings. He did feel bad for them, though.

He turned to Kesuk to see how she was taking the news, and knit his brow in confusion. The spot next to him was now empty. He caught sight of her sleek form just before it disappeared into the trees. How had she slipped away without him noticing?

Without saying a word, Koda rose and trotted after Kesuk. Having nothing to say, he didn't feel he needed to be there anyway.
<FONT FACE="High tower text">disposable</div></FONT>.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie

Amelie was one of the very last members left in the meeting site. Though both opposing parties had left --carrying with them the fragmented pieces of their beliefs-- Amelie remained still, her feet rooted to the ground where the imaginary family portrait that had held them together, shattered into nothing. Though there was no doubt in the yearling's mind of who she would follow, it pained her to see the fall out.

As Peregrine turned tail, few wolves, the female present at Sun Spark's burial for instance hovered behind him; as if he had a magnet stuck to his bottom. She watched her leave with hollow eyes, though she had never exchanged a word with her, the scene of her departure was saddening to the young charcoal girl.

As they dissapeared into the distance, Amelie's eyes fell on the sad silver wolf left, that Finley had left behind. Their eyes met for a brief moment and though they had not met either, an unspoken 'im sorry' travelled from her heart to his.

Then like another couple of wolves, Dante included, he got up and trotted down the opposite direction. Amelie looked at the ground once more, her eyes tracing the leaf covered flooring as if were a murder scene. It did surely feel like one; the air was heavy and dense and scattered around the floor were the invisible pieces of the Plateu's wolves hearts.

<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Kaihra barely registered the words of reassurance Peregrine offered the pack. She felt speechless and stunned, and she felt her eyes latch to the Alpha as he tore from the clearing. Two followed - a peppered male she'd never met, and an ashen girl - Finley. She felt her brows knit as she watched her friend leave, and a small sorrow twisted her heart.

Her eyes stung as she turned away to search out Dante and Blue Willow, but only their scent remained where they had once stood. Few wolves remained, and the air hung heavy with sorrow and betrayal. Kaihra felt her mind run numb and she rose to her paws to leave. But as she made her way out, her eyes fell on one she knew, the dark yearling Amelie, and the woman paused. She felt a stirring as she watched her staring broken at the ground and, after a momentary hesitation, Kaihra made a shaky path toward her and gave her a gentle nudge. Then, without a second glance behind, Kaihra turned and removed herself from the clearing.
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Peregrine didn't answer her questions, he didn't try to defend himself. Nothing. Had he at least shouted back, reminding her that she had left the pack before too, Osprey would have accepted this as a good argument - Touché, mate. But no. His eyes briefly met hers, yet she broke that contact by turning her head to the side. She was disappointed, she was angry at him and at the moment didn't feel that he deserved any kind of mercy. Being the complicated creature she was, Osprey would regret the fact that they hadn't parted in peace, but it didn't matter that much now.

She took a step back and bared her teeth at the disappearing form of Peregrine and the few followers he had got. Then, without casting a glance at any of the remaining souls, she disappeared in woods, wanting to mourn the end of the lifelong friendship she and her brother had shared in solitude.