Whitewater Gorge run boy run
10 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 

To have a job to do once more was a breath of fresh air. To know the job was permanent was nothing less than a relief. Though he did not know his imperator long, nor knew much about him, he was grateful to have been given a spot in his ranks. Small as they may be.
Aulus would have believed he was the only other man here, but the frequent scent of another man told him otherwise. The roman made no effort to introduce though. He was too busy patrolling the gorge even now. The nameless man would have to come to him.
Common - Latin - “Swahili
i told them to stop but then i joined in
30 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
The man had been busy scouting for recruits that would be a worthy addition of the Pakhan that he had not yet been able to find the recruit that the Pakhan himself had collected. Admittedly, there was a flare of jealousy, that the man had been selected by the leader personally. Still, he pushed it down, a hard and steely expression as he rounded the gorge. He had been running patrols opposite of the Roman and had not yet been able to make a proper introduction.

It was then that he saw the gigantic man. He offered a low rumble in greeting though no coherent words slipped out, eyes appraising the man. It settled his mind slightly. Ryzhov knew he was meant to be the Pakhan’s right hand man, and handle the day to day responsibilities that the leader did not need to worry about. “Your name, soldier?” He finally asked as his head tilted to the side.
Please be advised, Ryzhov is a mature character, prone to all sorts of violence and gore. He is a misogynist and will not hesitate to share his opinions on the role he thinks women should play in society. Please enter his threads at your own risk.
10 Posts
Ooc —
Aulus came to a slow halt as another man approached him. He was greeted with a gruff rumble, and answered with a low woof of his own. 
Aulus Corvinus. The roman bowed briefly, as was respectful custom. Then he stood tall again, with his gaze tilted downward. I am a recent recruit.
30 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Aulus Corvinus. He committed the name to memory as he sized up the other man. There was a glimmer of approval with the bow, his gaze tilted as he showed Ryzhov the respect he felt he deserved. He was the recent recruit. He had done a good job with patrolling and was proving his worth in that regard.

“Ryzhov Cheslav. I am the Pakhan’s second, and his main recruiter.” He explained his role. He was not formally a second, but he felt it was explanatory given the close nature of their relationship. Ryzhov had sworn undying loyalty and never done anything to make Virion question it. “Tell me more about your skills. We shall patrol together.” He needed to get the lay of the land in this man.
Please be advised, Ryzhov is a mature character, prone to all sorts of violence and gore. He is a misogynist and will not hesitate to share his opinions on the role he thinks women should play in society. Please enter his threads at your own risk.
10 Posts
Ooc —
Ryzhov Cheslav. It is not a name he could have heard within the soldier’s camps. He reckoned he’d never hear a familiar sounding name out here. Aulus was the odd man out now.
He acknowledged the demand with a nod, and began to walk at the recruiters side.
I was trained within an army as a boy, he began. They made a soldier of me. I’ve fought in countless battles. At one point they had me train the new recruits.
30 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
He had military training. It caught his interest and he hummed as a result. “What are some of your most proud moments in a fight?” He posed, prying more into the claimed experience. He remembered his war wounds, and the way he felt successful. He remembered the moments he was most proud of in a fight, so did the man remember this as well?

“Mine stem from a war I fought in alongside the Pakhan. We were outnumbered 2 to 1 and still came out victorious.” It was a small embellishment, but he had a thick scar running just behind his ear to prove that he had fought. “What has the Pakhan told you of the nature of our position? Of our goals?” He asked his fellow Bratstvo.
10 Posts
Ooc —
He asked Aulus of his greatest accomplishments, for that of which he had to think. As he recounted his many battles, Ryzhov shared a moment of his own. A battle alongside their leader, one not in their favor. It wasn’t much of a shock, considering the Pakhan’s track record. Still, any victory with those odds was impressive.
Ryzhov had his moment of glory to share, but Aulus found himself struggling to find one. War is war, he answered simply, I found no glory in them. But the act of serving gives me pride.
He turned to the younger man. The Pakhan — the foreign word sounded strange on his tongue — informed me  this is to be a strict kingdom and to serve within it you must pledge your life. He hasn’t told me much besides that.
We cry only tears of blood.
22 Posts
Ooc — Karma

Pale milk and gray fur slung from side to side, traveling with the breeze as the body carrying its weight wove within the gorge.

Voices held in the once silent air, drawing in Virion's attention.

When close enough, the man came to recognize both.

With a devious and crude grin, he drew closer, tail swaying behind him.

So you've met. Good. No need for myself to implant introductions. Pointless... too much conversation and withheld lack of discipline. In other words, Virion was telling the both of them to shut the hell up.

He'd been near long enough to hear the majority of their words. Never much one for overly lengthy conversation himself, listening to others was just as infuriating.
If I should ever drown, it will be in a pool forged by the blood of my enemies that which I have slain.
30 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Ryzhov listened with interest at his philosophy. War was indeed war, and serving should give him pride. He felt that he understood enough to give the man his seal of approval, though truly the Pakhan’s seal had been enough for him. He liked to do his own investigating anyway. There was a frown when he learned he had not been told much. It was typical… as proven by the way that the Pakhan strolled up and tactfully asked them to shut up.

Ryzhov knew how to read between those lines. “Pakhan.” He greeted with a dip of his head to his friend as he fell into line just behind  him, showing his respect for the hierarchy by allowing the man to go first along the borders. Ryzhov would find time later to fully inform the new recruit on the purpose of the Bratstvo and how he could better serve. Ryzhov was mostly trying to figure out what branch of their military the man might fit into.
Sorry about the delay! Was finishing/defending my honors thesis