Blackbeak Bluff Rogue
47 Posts
Ooc — The System
Private 

Noir had been instructed by the seawolf to gather intelligence on the wolves of the coast, something her own Vicera agreed with, and so, Noir had taken to watching the coast between them and Sapphique, up on the bluffs. Sea winds tousled her thick winter fur, scenting them with salt, and she patrolled the bluff, eyes open for any movements.
Physical Health (100/100)

Mental Health (100/100)

62 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
In his wanderings, he passed by pockets of scent - heavily concentrated and mingled with the smell of many individuals. Diaval knew nothing of pack life and call him stupid, he would likely agree, he didn't connect the two very well. If he were to be sat down and told the obvious relationship between heavy scents on the wind and packs, he would have found the information obvious and the lesson unnecessary. In practice, he was clearly an idiot as he traversed between two local territories without any idea that either existed. 

He'd found himself in a weird place, too. The sheer drop made him dizzy and he wisely stood far away from the edge. He was surprised by the amount of green after being on the beach. He preferred it, but the coast was still too open for his total comfort.

When he came upon another - who he saw first, rather than smelled (was that thing even working?) - he pulled up short and stood, staring. He was happy to see another wolf, absolutely, but that didn't make them happy to see him. Would he be happy to see him? Doubtful. He frowned. They seemed to be searching...or something. Shifting uncomfortably, Diaval finally trotted his way forward, his quiet loneliness pushing him forward and toward the she-wolf. 

"Hi. Uh..." he trailed off, glancing at her, then away. His voice died on the breeze as he didn't follow up with anything more and seriously considered turning around and simply leaving.
47 Posts
Ooc — The System
Between the wind and the sound of the sea crashing into the cliffs, Noir did not hear the stranger approach. When he spoke, she nearly jumped out of her skin; her hackles raised and she turned to face him. He was... younger, probably around her age, and judging by the fact he looked away, seemed... shy. Noir grinned at him, showing her teeth, and she wagged her tail after a moment. He was cute. "Hello. Sorry, you gave me a fright." Her head tilted slightly to one side. "Name's Noir. What's yours?"

Mental Health (100/100)

62 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
When she jumped, Diaval did as well. He did not match her raised hackles, though, and there was an instant relief when they fell. He would have been prepared for a hasty retreat but he never had the time to contemplate it. Suddenly her tail was wagging and her teeth grinning and Diaval felt a lopsided grin begin to adorn his own face, too. Oh. Oh! Cool!

His tail swayed with hers as she introduced herself and he felt a lightness settle into his bones. Here was someone else and they weren't annoyed with him...at least, not yet. That counted as a good day as far as his days had gone lately. "No, its okay - uh, sorry!" he apologized when he caught up to the situation, almost too pleased to pay attention to the happy company in front of him. He needed to get his head together. 

"Hi! I said that already, uh, I think but... My name is Diaval." he grinned in earnest now, his freckles wrinkling on his nose. "Noir? That's a nice name." Politeness. That was always a good way to start a conversation. "What are you doing - uh, here? Now?" Was that rude?
47 Posts
Ooc — The System
"That's alright," Noir chuckled softly, her features slipping into an easy grin. He introduced himself and complimented her name, and she couldn't help but notice his freckles. They were cute - just like the rest of him. Noir sighed internally - why did she have to be working when she met a cute boy?! When asked what she was doing, she answered honestly. "There's some wolves here on the coast that have been causing problems for my pack and another pack further east. I'm on the lookout." She took the chance to slide closer, a coy smile tugging at her lips. Her cream eyes danced. "Care to keep me company, Diaval?"

Mental Health (100/100)

62 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
As he settled down a bit, he saw more of her. She was thin and quite small - smaller than he had noticed when he'd approached. He should learn to pay more attention and to not be such a spacey dingus all the time. He was too distracted to berate himself too hard, feeling a pang of concern for her. Was she eating enough? She had a pack, he soon learned - surely they were feeding her? Maybe that was just normal for her? Was it rude to ask? It must be. Was it rude to think these things?!

Wait - trouble? Two packs?! On the coast? People chose to live out here?!

He had just opened his mouth to ask about the situation when she slid closer to him, her cream eyes suddenly all he could see. Reflexively, he stepped back, returning the space she had closed, and blinked slowly. Something had changed. He wasn't sure what, as inexperienced and absolutely clueless as he happened to be. He shifted, a small frown forming on his features as he felt anxiety creep its way back along his spine. "Uh..s-sure...but don't you have to watch for, uh - for the bad people?"
47 Posts
Ooc — The System
Diaval moved away from her, and the girl bit back a snort. "I can keep watch and talk, silly," she told him with a slight shrug. "And I don't know if they're bad... yet," her tone was dismissive as her cream gaze raked the coastline. Then, a glance to her company. "Tell me about yourself - it's been too long since I've conversed with a stranger."

Mental Health (100/100)

62 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
His frown remained for a minute, confusion lending itself to nerves as he shifted. He was sure there was something...different in the way she'd leaned into him. He wasn't a complete idiot, he sort of understood what she might have meant. But him? There was no way. He was either misreading - which was the most likely - or she was fooling him somehow. After a moment, he schooled his expression as best he could (a master trickster or liar he was not) and gave himself a small shake. 

"Yeah, obviously." he laughed, a bit nervously, and cleared his throat. "Uh. Well. I'm just...on my own. I lived with my mother until a few months ago. It was just us. And now it's...well...just me." he shrugged. There wasn't much to say. He hadn't done much with his life and now he had no choice. Sink or swim, it was up to him whether he survived and he...didn't like it. Though he didn't say all that. He would never say all that. "Sorry I'm not more entertaining." he laughed again, the same shake of nerves underneath the breathy exhale.
47 Posts
Ooc — The System
sorry for the delay!

Noir nodded as Diaval spoke, keeping her eyes glued to the coastline, occasionally scanning the shore. When he apologized, she said, "Don't worry about it. So... just you," she laughed softly, turning her gaze to his freckled face. "You looking for a pack to settle in for a bit? Mine's just to the southwest of here. Sacrarium. They take in all sorts." Her words were matter-of-fact, and she offered him another smile.

Mental Health (100/100)

62 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
ooc; No problem!

She offered her pack - at least, he thought it was an offer. Something stirred in him. A pathetic gasp of hope linking itself with his nerves and wrestling for dominance. He'd never been in a pack and after a moment, he told her as much. "I've never been in a pack. Uh...I don't know." he shrugged. "Can you, uh - tell me about them?"

What was it like? Having others around you all the time, never alone - even for a moment?

He liked the idea.
47 Posts
Ooc — The System
Noir nodded, turning her attention away from the coast, and fully onto Diaval as she answered. "We are a small group, but we have two expecting mothers. My Mistress' vision for Sacrarium was for it to be a sanctuary for all. She gives others second chances - sometimes where others might not. We're bonded quite strong." She smiled once more. "We are all family in Sacrarium."

Mental Health (100/100)

62 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
She spoke of her pack in a lovely way. Diaval thought quietly as she told him of the mothers and the ones they took in. His mind focused, much against his will, on the second chances. What a strange thing to extend to someone you didn't know. If mothers were in the pack, shouldn't it be guarded against those who couldn't be trusted?

After a moment, he said so aloud. 

"It takes in all sorts? Isn't that a little dangerous? Especially for the mothers?" he paused, tilting his head "How do you know someone is worth a second chance? What if they...uh...arent?"
47 Posts
Ooc — The System
At Diaval's questions, Noir grinned and chuckled a little. She told him simply, "My Mistress, Violante - she will talk with each one, get to their history. Then, should she think them a good fit, will walk them through the territory. They will both get to know each other, and she... just knows." Noir didn't understand it, but her Mistress had a way with people, in a much different way than Noir did. She looked to Diaval, grinning teasingly. "What's the worst thing you've ever done? I can even go first, if you want."

Mental Health (100/100)

62 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
She just...knew? Diaval didn't like that for hard evidence. It sounded like a good way to make a mistake and he almost said so but had enough sense to stop himself. He shouldn't be rude and contradicting Noir's account of her mistress was definitely rude. His doubts were firmly in place, however, and he made a mental note of the pack - Sacrarium - in the event that he ever stumbled upon them in the future. Maybe he could see the mistress for himself.

She was grinning at him, then, and her question came as a surprise. He grinned back, unable to help himself. What a weird question. "Oh, I'm boring. I don't think I've ever done anything 'bad'." he laughed lightly. "Maybe you should go first so I can think of something." He wasn't normally a liar but he didn't have a single memory in his brain. Maybe he would make something up...just this once.
47 Posts
Ooc — The System
Noir was quickly growing bored; this boy had nothing to offer her. She gave a soft huff, then a sigh. "I've done too much, actually. I am glad for this new life with Sacrarium." She would leave him now, rising to her paws and yawning. "I must leave now, my apologies. Stop by anytime, just ask for Noir." She would smile softly; she'd been interested at first. Perhaps it was just a poor first meeting. Noir dipped her head to him in farewell, then turned and slinked back towards the towering sequoia's.

Thank you for the thread, sorry to end it a bit abruptly, I'm just a tad overwhelmed at the moment!

Mental Health (100/100)