Nimbus Summit I will give you all that I have and then some
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
'Issutanguak', she informed. There was a pattern to the language but Rye struggled to figure out what exactly it was. Some sleepless night he laid awake, trying to solve the link he was missing but ultimately it would put him to sleep before he could truly get anywhere. Rye was sure eventually he would figure it out but it would require vast amounts of knowledge first. For now, he enjoyed their game of teaching and learning. They were soft moments in each others days, he looked forward to them greatly. The husband hoped his wife held the same moments in as high regard as he did.

Suddenly Imaq snarled, catching Rye off guard but he laughed hardily, even if he was initially confused. Her next word was, 'Pittusigak'. "Cat?" He echoed, confused. Then he connected the dots, the snarl and then mention of a cat. "Oooh," He laughed. "A mountain lion. That's what we call them, they are ferocious. I think your word for them is fitting, sounds strong." He concluded. He wondered how he could use the words he's learned in a sentence, what rules, if any, there were to follow. The trail ahead was long but worth every minute spent. 

Rye sat in silence, returning to the patters of the rain, leaning on his wife ever so slightly. For a while, he forgot why he was there. The space in his head taken up by the words he learned, replaying them excessively and nearly at nauseam. Then the true reason popped back into his head light a bolt of lightning. "Oh!" He started excitedly. "Wife, I have very late but good news. I'm sure you've figured out by now we are staying but I wanted to personally say it. So, yes, we are staying and Lane has agreed to promote us to Gamma pair. We will both have more say in the decisions around here." He proudly told her, an ear to ear grin pulling his lips. For Rye, elevating his family to higher standings in the pack granted him a fulfilled emotion. Like he was a good husband after all, even if Imaq consistently told him he always was, Rye still strived for better.         
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Messages In This Thread
RE: I will give you all that I have and then some - by Rye - May 30, 2022, 08:04 PM