Black Morass Mushroom and Fungi
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
All Welcome 
Maiken shivered as she stared at the dark, thick trees beyond the edge of this wetland named Black Morass. She stared at their looming branches and the mire and muck beneath them. She would need to be careful. But she was also determined there was the scent of herbs and berries and roots on the air, and she wanted some of the items for their caches.

SO with tiny careful paws, she slowly worked her way through the entry. Eyes growing accustomed to teh gloom. Her steps mincing and dainty, so as to not accidentally sink and end up deep in the mire, and die cold and lonely and slow. The thought of the muk working it's way into her chest and throat was enough to strike the fear of all the gods in her chest.
73 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Kevalin had wandered farther than usual today, he found himself drawn back towards the direction of The Saints. He almost missed the dark wolf in the swamp, having only caught a glimpse through a fallen tree. He watched her with curiosity. She almost seemed to be tiptoeing and he found himself giving a snort of laughter before immediately announcing his presence with a quick friendly bark, his tail waving easily.

He recognized the wolf as belonging to their ally pack but could not remember her name, there were so many other wolves present that day. Hello again, I'm Kevalin. He greeted, approaching slowly. His wide steps and massive paws balanced his weight evenly, but he was still cautious nonetheless.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken turned towards the sound of a snort. Brown eyes taking in the wolf from the hunt. What was his name. Though she needn't wonder long before he offered it.

Hello. My name is Maiken. her accented words loud in the mire and murk.

I smell herbs. I want to take them back for our gardens.
73 Posts
Ooc — Aero
He shrugged. The morass was free gave as far as he knew, they just claimed the Weir. Have at it, although, out of curiosity, what type of herbs do you seek? He let a small smirk form on his face. He was still learning healing herbs and the more the better. Although herbs for disposing of enemies wouldn't be bad knowledge either.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken studied him and continued on. All kinds. Kinds to heal and stave sickness. Some herbs will kill with a touch, others with a bite. I do not try to find those, but I know of them.

She nosed around a nearby tree. And pushed a leaf aside. There was a root there with purple flowers. Thick and heady.

This is Burdock Root. It increases urine flow if there is a blockage. Used for colds, joint pain, infections.
73 Posts
Ooc — Aero
So sorry for the late response.

He nodded at her, taking in her words. He was becoming somewhat of a sponge for all information that could help in his pursuit of healing. Although his primary role was always to be a member of Vex's army, of course. She needed a medic in there somewhere. He took note of the flowers on root. He would have to start keeping his own herbs soon enough. He would just have to find somewhere.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
No worries. I hope you are feeling better <3

Maiken motioned the other to follow. You come with me Kevalin. I Lære bort

She realized to late her slip of tongue, but shook her head. She would tell him what she meant if he asked. She stuck her nose to the ground and on slow, tiny paws she stepped towards a large tree at the edge of the moist ground, nose against the bark she looked up at it with a smile.

This is a Crab Apple tree. You can eat them, sour, too many turn your stomach. But the bark can help your belly and sore eyes. Too much though and you will poison yourself.
73 Posts
Ooc — Aero
one day at a time <3
Kevalin simply shook his head at the odd words she spoke. His large body towered over her much smaller frame.  He followed her curiously, wondering what else she had to show him. She brought him to a tree with a strange fruit growing on it. Crab apple tree. How many is too many to eat? His eyes studied the fruit, his nose taking in the scent.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Yes. Winter is always harder for me mentally. So I understand <3

Maiken knew most women her size would be frightened by their size distant, but she was not intimidated in the least, truly. It was what it was.

She gaev a soft laugh at his question and looked up at him with warm brown eyes. Depends on the wolf, and how strong their stomach is. If your stomach starts to feel tight or full it is time to stop.

She would pass the time with him. Teaching him of the different plants they came across, and then they would part ways. Perhaps as unlikely friends, but definitely as better medics and allies.