Hideaway Strath I bleed it out
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Trade 
@Adlartok, set maybe an hour or two after This thread!

Sovereign hadn't really gone to any of the medics as Adlartok had suggested. She got to the entrance and ended up walking away, even though she probably needed it.

What she did do for the next two hours, was rest. 

After allowing herself this, she went to find the elder again, following the strongest trail of his she could find. 
Upon finding Addy, she would let out a chuff to announce herself assuming he didn't see her beforehand, considering her size now that she was getting older, despite having yet to reach her yearling stage...

"Can we still talk about what I did wrong in our spar today?" She asked, genuinely wanting to get better.
The Only Thing They Fear Is You
-Dark of Soul, Strong of Body-
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Artok had gotten looked over, by Maiken and given a clean bill of health. Then he was off to do what he wished until the little princess found him again. She had good form, was willing to learn. It would do her well in time.

She had been rash and quick in her attacks. She hadn't read the room so to speak, and she hadn't noticed his weaknesses. She had compensated for his gait, not used it against him. Which was good, she was adaptable, but she also had needed to position herself in a way to take advantage of the limp.

A low chuff and then her voice and he lifted downy head. Of course we can. You did well for the most part, but there were some things. Before I say what I noticed. Why don't you tell me what you noticed?
Artok has a permanent limp in his front right foreleg.
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sovereign hesitated as Addy asked what she noticed.
Giving it some careful thought, the princess would eventually speak up.
"I noticed that you know how to hold your own really well, even with an unfair advantage...and that you guarded it to the best of your ability..." She mused contemplatively. 
She wasn't sure of what else there was, in the moment, but surely something else would come to mind as they talked.
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
He dipped his head and nodded. This is correct, but you also should have pressed your advantage, with my weakness. You started out very well, but then you grew rash and angry and it clouded your judgement and caused mistakes to happen.

Artok frowned in thought. When fighting you need to be able to measure the other in a matter of seconds, and the area with which you are given terrain. You showed great promise. You are adaptable, quick and capable. You just need to learn to temper those emotions and be a little more observant.
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sovereign listened as Adlartok spoke, ears attentive as the elder told her what she could have done better, and how her mistakes came to be.

"I didn't want to use your disadvantages for my gain because you're not an enemy..." The princess admitted with a tilt of her great head.
"Should I have done so anyway?" Her wonder of the matter was evident in the slight sheepishness of her tone.
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
He nodded. When sparring with someone you know. You don't want to hurt them severely, but you should still do your best as you would in a real battle, otherwise you will also hold back in a real battle.

Artok frowned in thought. As a warrior much of our prowess comes down to skill, talent, yes. But also practice. And once you practice enough your body knows what to do even if your mind fails. Does this make sense?

Adlartok nodded. And you want to learn terrains, traverse them, map them. learn how you are in different ones. You want to spar with wolves of different sizes different skills. So that you are always ready.

I hope he doesn't make her fail, because i am sort of going with the cuff of sleeve here lmao.
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
it's all good! <3

Sovereign listened as Adlartok advised her on how she should fight, and why to do so in such a way.
It made sense the more she looked at it, especially the part about if you held back in spars, you would hold back when it really mattered, too.

"Do you think we could...try again, sometime?" She asked, eyes bright with re-fueled ambition and hope. 
She wanted to try again soon, but where Addy was getting so old (and was already an elder) she didn't want to push him...The concern glittered across her young face.
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Old golden eyes, wizened face, he looked her over to assess how she was taking his words. She seemed content. Eager to learn. This was good. She would do well, when the time came for her to move upwards in the ranks. Though he hoped she improved upon her temper.

Granted the old man had no room to talk, there had been a time, evident by the scars upon his pelt, that anger had ruled him quite well too. The wounds in his shoulder were evident. Yes Tuwawi had done it, but she had given him time to run before she ripped him apart, and he hadn't. And for what? Pride? That he had been allowed entry and believed it.

Her question fell on down ears and he tweaked them forward. Taking stock of his own body for a moment. Yes it ached, but it wasn't so terrible. Not yet. And her eyes alight with stars. How could he refuse. Though he saw the concern flit across her face.

He nodded. We can. You just come and find me when you'd like to try again.
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sovereign's face lightened with obvious glee as Addy agreed that they could spar again whenever she was ready.
Tail wagging softly, the Princess offered a soft lick of thanks to the Elder's cheek before she bounded off.

She would be seeking him again. and soon!

fade? <3
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Artok winked at her as gave him a brief lick. Then he watched her go. Shifting, he moved his body further into the territory. Golden gaze on the terrain. Searching for anything to hunt down. Though his body ached a bit.

Of course. Thank you for thread. <3