The Heartwood Love only left me alone
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
355 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Private 
On the edges of his borders, Dreven languidly stretched. His head lifting up to stare down at the canine beast at his side @Minne.

It had been freeing to practice something he had been doing all his life. He had made sure to give as much as he took. As he always did. Now he stared down at her, unsure what to make of this.

He hadn't gotten the full picture of how this she beast would be. Though he had to admit the ligts dancing along her fur were pretty. He slowly preened at spots he had mussed up. He would need to return to his home soon enough.
Dreven is a mature character. He is often filled to the brim with suggestive words, comments and the like. He also swears a lot. If you cannot hand this, or if it makes you uncomfortable, please don't hesitate to send me a pm and I will try and tone it down for our thread.
83 Posts
Ooc —
the world grew silent.

for the first time in a long while, minne had no thoughts. she listened only to the breathing of the man next to her and rhythm of their heartbeats. the world, in its great silence, seemed to glow softly. this close to him she could see the things she had missed before. just how extensive his scarring was, the notches in his ears and tail missed the first look she had at him. the scars over his muzzle that she now knew as well as the back of her own paw.

it was easy to admire him.

it was easy to let herself be admired, leaning into his preening.

although it inspired her. now she too reached to groom the ruffled furs of his neck back into place. she did not think about how his absence would come sooner than she'd like.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
355 Posts
Ooc — Danni
The heartwood was always eerily silent, even on a good day. Dreven was surprised to find that even at the borders, beyond his home base, there was also silence. It was as if the Heartwood bled into all around it. Even the two of them were silent.

Every scar had a reason. Every placement at least the main ones there to showcase a life lived bloody. Dreven didn't know half of them anymore except for the ones he had done or his father no name. Those had been his notches in his ears. It was a tapestry of hurt.

She was a pretty thing, and he could have gotten lost in the color of her eyes. Shadows. Darkness. They called to the abyss. She was a beautiful beast. But he was on borrowed time and it was about time to get home.

He allowed her tongue and teeth to work it's way through the knots that had became from their throes.

He was loathe to disturb the silence.
Dreven is a mature character. He is often filled to the brim with suggestive words, comments and the like. He also swears a lot. If you cannot hand this, or if it makes you uncomfortable, please don't hesitate to send me a pm and I will try and tone it down for our thread.
83 Posts
Ooc —
in an ideal world, she would keep him forever.

she did not fancy the idea of them being anything official. she did not look at him as if he was an angel sent from above. she cherished most the rugged nature of him, how she could feel as wild as she was with him. no need to put on any airs.

but soon the work was done of tending to his fur and her gut churned with unease to think of him away.

not so forsaken. she dared to rasp in the crook of his neck.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
355 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Dreven was not the staying kind. He wasn't sure if he even knew how. He had fondness for others, he supposed.

Had she said anything of him being an angel. She would have gotten his trademark smirk and hushed whispers that said it all and he would show her again, how less than angelic he was.

He chuckled and smoothed a brow across her head. Perhaps at times.

He took a breath. I really should head back now, Minne. There was no shame in his voice, no airs. He was simply what he was. They had enjoyed a time. Would he be amenable to it again, probably.
83 Posts
Ooc —
something ugly and cruel curled up in her chest, replacing the calm of her all at once.

she sucked in a deep breath between her teeth, nipping carefully at a stray tuft of fur. do you have a forsaken woman i should worry about? amusement in her tone.

yet she sought the answer all the same. it felt vital to know.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
355 Posts
Ooc — Danni
There it was. The sound of a woman he knew well. Jealousy. Questioning.

He chuckled. No need to get upset Minne. I am as they say unattached.

He was however also not seeking to be tied down right now if ever. He was many things. A family man was not at the top of that list. He had children, they were long gone. As far as hw knew.
83 Posts
Ooc —
she laughed.

dry and low, something bittersweet. she ran her muzzle along the peak of his chest. you would know if i was upset. she teased carefully. i only seek to save myself from the teeth of a scorned lover.

perhaps she should carry herself far from here either way.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
355 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Dreven heard her laugh, but it didn't sound right, or perhaps he was reading into it wrongly. After all, he was a wolf of more flesh and bone parameters. So emotions were often lost on him.

Dreven purled at her touch and then shook his head. I have no scorned lovers. Because I am forthright with my intentions.
83 Posts
Ooc —
that you are.

she commented softly. then began the slow process of untangling herself from him. distance. removing. it would be easier the quicker she was to depart.

i shouldn't keep you. she noted idly, yet she still did not remove herself fully still.

it would have been smarter to.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
355 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Dreven shifted allowing her more room to move from his side. She was in a hurry now.

Second thoughts perhaps. He didn't say much. Just helped her out. Nibbled out a few knots and the like that had been left from being up against him.

You know where to find me. Minne.