The Heartwood I'm so Used to Being In The Wrong
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
352 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
Dreven woke in the early morning light, and immediately he began to pant. Brutally the sun leered down at him. Pressing. Suffocating. Searing. He panted harder, and shifted his large body. Through the barren trees he shifted and swerved, finally finding one with close enough span to it's brother that he could lay in the shade.

Gray ash dusted upon his brown coat, leaving splashes of color peeking out from whitewashed stripes. Gently he allowed himself to fall to the ground, prone. Body splayed out, large and spaced. Shadows danced along the valleys of his body. And he closed his red eyes. Enjoying the moment of reprieve.
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
let me know if you mind me throwing her in here!

Atka traversed alongside the river bank, nose to the ground as she sniffed at the gravelly terrain. She lifted her head, staring into the scarred forest. The scent of smoke, though old, graced her nose, causing her to grimace. However, in her long gaze, a wistful feeling settled in her, a curiosity almost calling to her. She took a few steps into the stream, before committing to her subconscious yearning to wander the area.

Her motivation wasn't tied to retaining any information, simply wandering, ears angled opposite from each other to give her some sort of false security as she wandered the new area. Atka's white coat slunk in between the ashy surroundings, an unsettling feeling finally beginning to reside in her stomach as she picked up on the stale scent of strangers. It was quiet, unlike most wooded areas she'd traveled through. The silence was unusual to her, no leaves whistled in the wind, no chorus from nearby animals, and the common earthy smell was replaced by a stinging and intense smokey scent.
[Image: dcm9zur-d3aafd96-e9dd-475b-8fff-3c9c9da5...N13Rk97sII]
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
352 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Not at all, but as they are building a pack here he's going to be mean and possibly chase her away or try and make her join.

A sense of self-preservation wormed into his mind as a sixth sense prickled at him. He was not alone, and it was an unfamiliar presence. He cracked an eye saw the strange shewolf and he stood, a low growl in his throat, large body towereing over the petite wolf. Red eyes caught her gaze and stared. Searing. Glaring.

Deep baritone twirled around her as he spoke.

You are in Forsaken Territory little snow wolf. Join or run. Or I'll tear you limb from limb.

He lowered his head eyes cast upon her. Bosy poised for what ever happened next. Ash still whirled from where he stood. Ladge brown paws streaked even further with gray
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
Breath caught in her lungs and she gulped before looking up to meet his grim, red eyes. Atka took a few hopefully unnoticeable, deep breaths. She carefully contemplated his words, he really did look like a wolf to commit to those statements, though she wondered, would he really let her run? Her ears pulled back, brows furrowed as she thought, trying to keep eye contact. His overbearing presence made it incredibly difficult to keep her head up, but she did, trying to keep an ounce of respect for herself. She contemplated each exit, running still carried risk, though maybe this wolf had sympathy somewhere in his brooding, yet handsome display of a wolf. However, she'd decided she'd put up the front of joining, maybe it could be good for her, if it wasn't she'd attempt to make her leave for another time.

❝I-❞ She stopped, still being stared down by his uninviting gaze, ❝I'm not opposed to joining?❞

Atka's ears perked forward from their retreat flat against her skull, her tail had not left its refuge from being tucked between her legs however. She waited for a response, the ash settling on the tips of her white pelt. She silently wondered why a pack would place themselves in these ashy woods, if she were to be recruited she'd have to get used to it. She wasn't necessarily a coward, she just knew her physical attributes, which were certainly not helpful in times like these.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
352 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She rose a notch when she met his eyes. She was clearly frightened and sheer size dwarfed her, but she didn't waver. Had she wanted to run, he'd have let. Probably would have enjoyed the view too, but he wouldn't have chased. Too hot and he had offered that escape and despite his clear dysfunction he tried to stick to his word.

He smirked as she struggled to keep eye contact his growl quiting a little.

"You know little snow. It's rude to stare and were I hung up on things like station and hierarchy I'd make you avert your eyes."

She was not his packmate and therefore didn't owe him the proper submission. One could argue that she did because she had stepped into his and his packmates land, but she did keep her tail tucked he noticed.

His smirk increased as he traced eyes along form. The growl ceasing. He measured every inch of her from tail to tip, before his eyes snapped back to her face.

"Is that so?"

Deep voice in the open air.

She seemed healthy enough tiny as hell, but he was gigantic so most seemed tiny to him. But did she have the fortitude to join them was the question. He, and Malacath and Khasni were not kind wolves. Except to each other and even then well it depended on the day.

He settled down a little more. "What's your stance on violence, Snow?

He took a breath, "Murder? Debauchery?"
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
Atka blinked, she wasn't unaware of her size, surely the wolf knew that. Embarrassment burned hot through her as she angled her head away, eyes narrowed, but she wasn't about to test this stranger.

What's your stance on violence, Snow?

Murder? Debauchery?

Atka's ears folded back down as he spoke, his words felt almost teasing, plenty of assumptions could be made just looking at her, she knew this. She contemplated many different ways to respond, eyes flitting around while she thought.

❝Hm,❞ Was the only noise that left her mouth, she side-eyed him to read his expression while she spoke, ❝My stance?❞

Atka shifted, turning her head slightly but still keeping it low.

❝When it comes to protecting what I have, or love, I have no complaints.❞ She responded with a serious tone. ❝I know by glancing at me you'd have your doubts, but I have teeth I can use, I'm quick, agile.❞ 

She emphasized her last words, her confidence was false, but it wasn't an easy facade to see through. If the large wolf threatened her, she'd probably run, take her chances, she wasn't about to carry herself with an injury alone. The imaginable injury probably having a sizeable impact to her, considering his size. She wondered what these other wolves would be like, part of her feared they'd all have the same nature, her temperament incredibly different. Though if her success with others depended on it, she could put up a reserved, snappy front. Atka had dispersed from her previous, familial pack, due to discontentment with her relations, their cruel ways, and death, but her luck on her own had proven little. Maybe this was how it was meant to be for her.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
352 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Dreven was not teasing. They were the forsaken, already planning violence, possible murder. If she didnt have the stomach for it. She wasn't a good fit.

But he couldn't tell her that. And he also had no bearing on her size. Khasni was tiny and she could rip him apart if she wanted. Size didn't matter.

He raised a brow.

You'd be wrong.

He moved closer and put his head down near hers. Blunt body close. He made sure she could feel his presence.

Size doesn't matter, but.

He touched her briefly with his nose on the head, mostly to see her reaction, but also to emphasize his point.

I think you're lying. He blew out a breath of warm air and retreated from her.

This is the heartwood. And looks can be deceiving. But I don't think you have the stomach for what we The Forsaken do."

He turned in a circle about to lay down again and pointed with his nose. Exits that way. If I were you I'd go. You're too good for here.
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
Atka was genuinely confused as he approached, but stayed in her place.

Size doesn't matter, but.

His deep tone and breath grazed across her head, her yellow gaze fixed on him as she waited for him to finish his sentence. Though she knew she should be afraid, his demeanor had changed, he saw right through her. The brute's closeness felt almost intimate to her, however, Atka's head shifted back in the slightest.

I think you're lying.

Her expression changed to something short of a wince as he blew a breath at her, his large physique taking steps away. She stared at him, an unreadable expression on her face.

This is the heartwood. And looks can be deceiving. But I don't think you have the stomach for what we The Forsaken do.

Though she was capable of violence, he was correct, it would chisel away at her slowly. Her stomach turned at the thought of conflict to those innocent. The pricked hair along the top of her neck had laid back down, he wasn't going to hurt her.

Exits that way. If I were you I'd go. You're too good for here.

Atka couldn't even manage to be offended, he was either disinterested as a whole, or simply looking out for her well being. She watched him slump back into the ground with a steady gaze. She almost felt a pity for him, his distant nature had to have been the product of trauma she thought. Silence surrounded them as she stared at him. Atka hesitantly turned, he granted her an exit, which she prayed for at the start.

❝I hope you find peace, stranger.❞ She spoke softly, her bland expression easing into a tender one.

She knew her words were comical, it was clear this wolf would be seeking brutality with his pack, but she'd been referring to his inner struggles, one each encounters. Her assumption had been that he'd seen a lot, considering his scarred skin. Perhaps a kind heart was buried under his brutish appearance, she'd never know. Maybe it was in her arrogant nature to view everyone that way, but she preferred to see things like that. Before measuring his patience any longer, she took her leave, stealing one more glance and then staying to her straightforward exit.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
352 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She didn't moe a muscle further proving his point, that she didn't belong in his pack. Were it him and someone had approached so boldly. It would have been warning and then snapping teeth and claws.

Dreven had meant to be intimate, had meant to test her boundaries and feel a small touch of someone even if it was just for a moment. He was a wolf used to physical means. When he didn't have it. Well it was strange for him.

He chuckled. When i'm dead i'm be peaceful. Until then, Snow. Odds are against it.

He stretched out, half lidded gaze watching her go. She was a pretty thing, and he wouldn't have minded having her in the pack, but if she couldn't do what she was told and harm another. Well there was no place for her.

And my name is Dreven. he added on an afterthough. Then with half-lidded eyes and a lazy smirk on his face, he lounged and watched her leave. Like a harbinger of death, which is what he was. Now.
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
And my name is Dreven.

❝Atka.❞ Her ears tilted back to his voice, not turning her head back, only a mere pause in her steps.

After she spoke, she stared at the ground for a moment, then continued her steps into the stream, assuming that was the borders of the territory. A deep sigh escaped her as the water hit her belly, almost cooling her off from the tense situation. Maybe they'd cross paths again, though it would not be on this territory.