Ankyra Sound imma toss my hat in, floss when the track spin
Sapphique
Sandstone
hold the dark
158 Posts
Ooc — Van
A whole year ago – he had not been here. Too busy trying to forget how he had hurt their family. Too busy trying to move on from his past mistakes. Yet, he’d just made all new ones. New pains, new wounds, new scars to try and heal from.

Svalinn’s breath trembled as he realized she had died here – there – in the very den of their birth. Perhaps she did not suffer in death as their mother had. It was the only solace he could conjure, and he held onto it tightly, this piece of broken glass, so tightly that it drew blood.

What was she to you?

There was an insinuation, an indictment the despoiler felt he deserved.

She was… The sun. The sea. The sky. The earth. My heart. My soul. The love of my life. My sister. Whatever she had been, he had turned his back on her. Time and time again. The last time for the last time. He wished he had been here – if only to die alongside her.

He thought of his daughters just then, shame coiling its blackened fingers around his throat as he imagined them not existing. Erzulie? he choked out. Where is she?
Messages In This Thread
imma toss my hat in, floss when the track spin - by Val - January 13, 2023, 08:57 AM
RE: imma toss my hat in, floss when the track spin - by Svalinn - January 22, 2023, 02:21 PM
RE: imma toss my hat in, floss when the track spin - by Val - February 01, 2023, 10:11 AM
RE: imma toss my hat in, floss when the track spin - by Val - February 11, 2023, 02:56 PM