Whitefish River saddle me up and let's begin.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
@Siv - they're near the river somewhere between the lake and Heartwood <3

Apparently the tag doesn't want to work so... @Siv @Siv @Siv come on one of these has to work @Siv

Finley was restless. For some wolves, this was only a mild irritation. A small bother that was easily satisfied by taking a nice walk or having themselves a nap. The Blackthorn was not so easily sated, however.

Restlessness was something that only struck the wild girl when she found herself bored with her usual antics (which really was only a sign of something much deeper going on within her). When playing chicken with stags, harassing badgers and exploring unknown mountains and forests suddenly struck her as boring, that was when the real shenanigans began. It was a mood she had only found herself in a few times in her life, and it usually was just a precursor for some dramatic epiphany that lead to an equally if not more dramatic life change.

And thus the road began when the innocent summation of I'm bored suddenly passed through a mind where it was far too dangerous to think such things. In the next instant, the greyscale wolf was on her paws and moving. In the next few minutes, she was steering herself towards the scene of some not too distant memory. And in the next few hours, she was there, her eyes on the prize.

The moose arched its heavy head into the sky, flashing its massive antlers at her as a warning to stay back as its gaze landed upon her crouched frame. It was a large, powerful beast in its prime--young, experienced and clearly not about to take any of Finley's crap. It was exactly the sort of challenge the Blackthorn was looking for, a fact that coursed through her thoughts and fueled her eager adrenaline as she prepared to launch herself towards it.

Let the games begin!

</style>

<i><div><span style="color:#ff0000;">s</span><span style="color:#ff1f00;">p</span><span style="color:#ff3d00;">i</span><span style="color:#ff5c00;">t</span><span style="color:#ff7a00;">f</span><span style="color:#ff9900;">i</span><span style="color:#ffb700;">r</span><span style="color:#ffd600;">e</span></div></i>
99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
I just wanted to get you a reply sorry it's so awful! <3
<style>.mount1 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#494a43; } .mount1 p {padding: 0px 9px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; } .mount1 b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.1px; } .mount1 {background-color:#082854; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/Hlsfy9Z.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; } .mount1 .float {float:right; width:0px; height:10px; } .mount1 .text {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7b7b7b; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:18px; width:460px; text-align:justify; padding: 20px 20px 330px 20px; } .mount1-border {width:500px; margin:0 auto; }</style>

The coywolf girl had been spending every spare minute of her time fishing and searching for game. She’d wanted the Gamekeeper trade more than she could even admit out loud, but it wasn’t going to be easy to get. Peregrine had already offered to help mentor her, which was a huge weight off of her narrow shoulders, but there was so much to prep for. Siv felt as though she was hardly ready to delve right in to the learnings of Game-keeping. In fact, she found herself growing more and more nervous as time went on. More than anything, the girl did not want to lose her leader’s trust… or come to find that she was really a bumbling idiot when it came to just about anything.
So, she spent her spare time tracking prey and fishing for the wolves of her pack. It settled her rattled nerves and made it so that she could better get herself into the flow of how things were going to go when she did obtain the Gamekeeper trade. On that particular day, the narrow-framed female had found herself knee-deep in the river, waiting for the fish to attempt their jump upstream. It was a skill that she had practiced mastering for months, but after having watched bears catch salmon, Siv had been able to do it the same way.
She would have found herself spending the day beside the river after having caught her fill of the local fish, had it not been for the sight of a massive creature to her left. Siv cocked her head in that direction slowly, warily, and found herself watching the figure of a lumbering moose. It would not have been an oddity of a sight had it not been for the grey-furred daredevil who was aiming to play red rover with the antlered creature. Siv’s muzzle parted as her jaw fell open and she found that she did not even realize her footing was slipping until she had splashed down the river a good ten yards and emerged on the bank with a sodden, “what the fuuuuuck?”
Immediately, however, the coywolf girl turned her attention back to the wolf with a death wish and – in her impulsive nature – darted towards the moose and the wolf in hopes that she could either convince the grey-furred female that you couldn’t single-handedly win a game of red rover with a moose, or that she was bat-shit crazy.

2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Not awful at all, silly <3

Fin was prepared to spring when a voice cut through her focus and caused her to pause. She lifted slightly from her crouched position after shooting a glance at her opponent to make sure it wasn't about to take advantage of the distraction and strike first. Once confident, Fin's gaze turned to spy the small coywolf barrelling towards her. She heaved a sigh as she waited for the girl to approach, slightly irritated by the delay in getting her game on.

"Can I help you?" Fin asked finally as her packmate approached. She cast a watchful glance over to the moose who was still poised to charge but staring at them warily. It was either waiting to make sure it would be left alone so it could lower its guard, or it was waiting for the right moment to rush forward and murder them both. Fin guessed it was likely the former, but she kept herself just as prepared for it to be the latter.

<i><div><span style="color:#ff0000;">s</span><span style="color:#ff1f00;">p</span><span style="color:#ff3d00;">i</span><span style="color:#ff5c00;">t</span><span style="color:#ff7a00;">f</span><span style="color:#ff9900;">i</span><span style="color:#ffb700;">r</span><span style="color:#ffd600;">e</span></div></i>
99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Warning~ language ahead. <3

“Can you help me?! Shit, son, I don’t think that’s the question that needs to be asked,” Siv exclaimed with wide eyes, her mouth gaping slightly as she peered towards the grey-furred female in front of her. This was a caldera wolf, but one that Siv had not quite had the pleasure of meeting. Drawing her head towards the earth, she peered between the crazed female and the bull moose who had yet to make a move. “Can I help you?” she inquired in a high-pitched tone. Because if this brown-eyed wolf was going to attempt to take on a full-grown moose with nothing more than balls and sheer determination, Siv would certainly be along for the ride.

She was the type of girl who prized herself on adventure, and so when it came around… she wasn’t likely to turn tail and run. “What’s the plan? Is this some hard-ass game of red rover, cause I’m like the fucking queen of that game, let me tell ya,” she said to the woman beside her. Already, Siv could feel her heart rate climbing and her toes were beginning to tingle with the anticipation. It was a surprise that the moose had not yet made a move towards chasing the two wolves away, but the coywolf wasn’t about to question the luck that had graced them both.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin couldn't help but grin at the girl's exclamation. Something about being treating her as though she were crazy just... made her want to do more crazy things. The girl was a pretty little thing--petite and coated in cinnamon, just like their alpha. And apparently with a flare for danger that Fin had thought only she and Fox shared, but it seems she was soon to be proven wrong.

"I'm gonna go with yes," Fin replied with a laugh, not having a clue what the hell red rover was, "And no one's the fucking queen like I'm the fucking queen, I'll tell you what." She bobbed her head matter-of-factly as she spoke, clearly playful in her demeanor.

99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
It seemed almost remarkable that Siv had found herself in that position. The grey-furred female was just as good as a stranger to the coywolf. While her scent was familiar and even her face seemed to bring a spark of a memory for the Savoy female, she could not have named her fearless companion if she had been commanded to do so. Nevertheless, it was a ruthless game of wolf vs. wild. Siv could only say that she admired her pack-mate for having attempted such a frightening task on her own. It certainly would have taken more than a bit of persuading to get the Savoy girl to take on a bull moose. And yet, there she was… with hardly any persuasion at all.

After a second or two, the other female confirmed the game of red rover, which brought Siv’s head closer to the ground and a mischievous twinkle to her eyes. “Oh, is that so? I think you’re about to get demoted,” she joked with a wink towards her daring companion. Without so much as another word, the coywolf female darted toward their intended target and aimed with her teeth to nip at the underside of the beast before she could scamper out from underneath his massive limbs. Her heart was racing through her teeth.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
The ember-plated female gave a cocky retort in one instant and bolting towards it in the next with barely a wink of warning. Fin bounced a few feet after her excitedly, stopping shortly after she'd begun to stand in her wake and watch. Her ears stood tall upon her head which was lifted as high as her neck would allow, so eager was she to see every second.

The moose brayed(?)/made moose sounds at the coywolf as she darted between its legs, swinging its antlers and stamping its hooves to try and catch her with them. Finley's new thrill-seeking companion was quick to avoid them and escaped the beast without a scratch. Fin was impressed, and she barked and whined enthusiastically to Siv in order to show it.

Barely a moment after Siv had made her exit, Fin was seizing the moose's moment of distraction to shoot forth herself. She skidded to a brief stop just in front of it to bark obnoxiously at the beast, causing it to swing its heavy head back at her, snorting in rage. Fin avoided the antlers and sprang straight underneath it, spinning quickly upon reaching the other side in order to leap and latch onto its tail with her teeth. She gave it a very short tug before landing and artfully dashing away from it again, just as it kicked its sharp hooves and nearly missed her head.

Fin ran to rejoin Siv, laughing at their fun, completely carried away by their foolish cleverness. The moose behind her was swinging back towards them, stamping its feet and... Angry moose-noise making. Seriously, what do moose sound like?

99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
<333333

The coywolf girl was – perhaps – not quite as daring as her grey-furred pack mate. She was impulsive and sporadic, at best, but not altogether willing to risk her life for a thrill. Still, as she darted forward and watched the massive creature rear back and swing with anger, Siv felt a stirring in the very pit of her gut. It was exhilarating to feel that control. The bark that fell from the other woman’s lips was enough to cause the coywolf girl to flick her tail with a quick smirk. Turning around to face the hulking brown beast, she watched with intent blue eyes as Finley rushed forward, barking wildly in front of the monster before darting skillfully away from its swing and latching on to the moose’s tail. A surprised laugh bubbled up from the Savoy girl’s gut and she flagged her tail in encouragement at her fellow caldera-dweller.

It was time to mix things up, though. Once the grey female had made her way to where Siv waited, the coywolf bobbed her head with an impressed expression on her slender features. The moose was more than enraged, although it did not appear to be much of a concern for the two wolves. Narrowing her brows and flattening her rust-colored ears to her skull, Siv lowered her torso towards the earth and peered curiously at their target. The danger was rising, as were the risks, but the Savoy girl did not see this as a reason to back down. It was more than a game of cat and mouse.

“First one to get a chunk of antler wins?” she suggested with a quick flash of her ivory canines and a wink at the brown-eyed female beside her. Without waiting to hear if this was an acceptable adaptation on Finley’s game, Siv sprung forward and fell to a dead stop in front of the moose. The beast swung at her with a loud bray and the fur along the woman’s spine stood rigid. Letting out a high yip, Siv made a half-circle to the shoulder of the large animal. When the moose swung his head again, she took it as an opportunity and darted with open fangs towards the lowered antler. When she made contact, there was a moment of surprise that seemed to rattle her. She tossed her head once or twice on the chunk of antler before the moose swung his head once more and tossed the coywolf to the side like a ragdoll.

Sliding across the earth, Siv yelped in surprise and moved to rise to her paws before the large creature could charge. The world was spinning beneath her, but she was forced to steady herself for fear of losing something much more important than her balance.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
The flame-pelted female seemed down for round two and Finley was right with her. The idea she tossed out caused her to pause though, which was saying a lot. Fin turned to gaze at the girl's excited face with laughter and surprise. "A chunk of antler?" she repeated, disbelieving. She began to shake her head and parted her lips to suggest something else. Fin hadn't survived years of reckless antics by being completely void of sensibility. She knew what the limits were, and trying to take off a piece of the enemy's favored weapon was absolute suicide.

But before she could say a word, Siv was darting forward. Fin's eyes widened in horror. "No, STOP!" she barked frantically, sprinting forward as quickly as she could in an effort to.. hell, she didn't even know. She just knew she had to do something or the Savoy girl was done for. The Blackthorn came within a few feet of the moose and skidded to a stop to watch Siv snatch a lower tine in her jaws. The moose swung her about like a ragdoll before pitching her away.

As Siv slid to a stop, Fin leaped forward to stop the moose from charging her, which it clearly had been preparing for. She spun to face the beast with a snarl as it thrashed its antlers and stomped towards her. She snapped at its hooves as they slammed into the ground, attempting to smash her into it. Fin darted backwards and bounded a few feet away, teasing the angry moose as she went so that it would turn away from Siv, giving her the chance to get up and run for it.

99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Once this is wrapped, we ought to have a normal thread between these two. <3

No amount of desperation or cries into the wind would stop the rusty-eared coywolf from charging in after an antler from their enraged friend. Finley’s heart had been in a good place to try and stop her, but the Savoy girl was lost on an adrenaline high from hell. It was only after she had been thrown a good ten feet or more that she realized her decision was very much a mistake.

Woozy and fighting for balance, the girl rose to shaky paws and caught sight of Finley attempting to keep the moose from charging. What a pal, she thought while guilt seemed to strike her chest, causing it to tighten. Flicking her bright blue gaze at the grey-furred wonder, Siv thought faintly if it would have been wise to assist her fellow pack mate. It was only right, after having attempted to remove Bullwinkle’s antler, that she help Finley distract it so that they could both escape with their tails attached. The coywolf watched with wide eyes as the moose reared back and slammed its hooves into the earth – far too close to the Beta. With a lump gathering in her throat, Siv attempted to rustle up whatever adrenaline or courage was left and actually be of assistance.

Darting forward, she aimed for the hind legs of the moose. If she could just bite near its hock, it would provide enough of a distraction that they could head for the hills. Shaky legs carried her swiftly enough and before she knew it, her teeth had latched on the prey animal’s hind leg and she bit down as hard as she could. Releasing Bullwinkle’s leg, she cast an urgent glance to Finley and leapt away from the big brown bastard as fast as her spindly legs could carry her. “Alright, I regret it! Let’s peace out, girl scout,” she called to the grey-furred female.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Sure thing, love! You wanna fade soon?

Edit: I'm gonna toss a fade on this since it's almost a month since the last post. Let me know if you want another when you get back from your absence! <3<3

Finley noticed only seconds before Siv connected with the moose's leg that the girl had risen. She felt the immediate rush of relief that she hadn't lead her packmate to her death before urgency reclaimed her attention. The beta had hardly needed Siv's words to urge her to rush after her and away from the moose. Fin took off as the moose swung around towards Siv and sprang off along her footsteps, not bothering to look back as their enemy roared behind them.

The two wolves were quick to leave the animal in their dust and after a while, the two began to slow to a steady lope. Fin was unaware of how Siv was feeling, but she was feeling just the way she usually did as evidenced by the laugh that slowly erupted from her throbbing lungs. Near death experiences were the ones Finley strove for, so all in all, she viewed this little excursion as quite the success! As her laughs continued to break the surface, she turned to see how her coywolf buddy was holding up under all of this duress.

Siv greeted her with an equally enthusiastic grin, and so the two of them continued to lope steadily back towards the Caldera to call it a day.