Lost Creek Hollow Southstairs
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
@Sandulf take two because I lost the first one CRIES
Kelsier was hyper-aware of the fact that someone had come into their heat in Riverclan. At first he'd only avoided the scent, but as time passed his paranoia grew. He'd taken to secluding himself away from the rest of the pack, but this time his isolation was not for the sake of healing. Kel was hiding. No part of him wished to cross paths with whoever bore that scent, not now.
Maybe later on he would introduce himself, though. Or... was now really such a bad time? He could control himself. Bad idea, Kel, he chided himself, following one of the streams toward the outskirts of the Hollow. Eventually he came to a place with a series of waterfalls, a familiar sight from his time in The Evergarden. The reminder of his birthplace was a small ache in his heart, softened by time but not erased. It felt so far behind him now.
-I don't stop when I'm tired. I stop when I'm done.-
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
They had a pregnant female among them. They also had the possibility of more with Silvertongue and Crowfeather, though honestly Sandy was disappointed in both of them. Not because he didn't love them both emensely, but because their coupling was going to lead to heartache for one or both of them and it made him sick. 

Crow didn't like woman, he had made it clear. And he was still in love with the man from his past. Very possibly the one that had showed up on the borders. Silvertongue was in love with Crow wheather she wanted to admit it or not, and he could never love her in that way. Sandy wanted to scream. Instead he swallowed it all and moved towards a new smell, a new wolf in their fold.

He chuffed quietly and stood with grace, wondering if the other would want company.
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Kel almost fled the approach of another. But this wolf was very much not the source of the scent which had driven him into hiding, so after flinching and staring briefly, he relaxed. Hello, He greeted warmly, willing himself to smile in spite of his nervousness. He'd been meaning to get acquainted with his packmates. It wasn't the perfect time, but was there ever a perfect time?
I'm Kel, He continued. Joined not too long ago. Sorry I flinched. Nervous, with that scent around. Who wouldn't be? Women were already quite intimidating, at least to any man smart enough to know that he would never be quite that smart. And his mothers had taught him better than to cross a woman in heat.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
The male gave a flinch and a sickly smile. Clearly not ready for the approach of another, but trying as hard as he could to be kind. Sandy could respect that. He wasn't nervous, but he didn't like many other's in his space either.

Well met, Kel.

Sandy nodded his head. I know when your scent came across our lands. I'm Sandulf, but if it's easier you can call me Sandy everyone does.

Easy flick of burnished tail. Yellow eyes taking in everything that made up this wolf. Dressed in autumn colors and wood. With eyes as blue as the sky on a warm summer day. A soft chuckle curled around his chest and he nodded. 

Women can be vicious or absolutely impish during this time. So I understand. He lifted an athletic shoulder, unsure what else to say. There wasn't much to say about it all.

Are you integrating well? I'm sorry I didn't greet you before this. I tend to prefer my own company at times.
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Trying, Kel answered with a sheepish smile. He had still been rather reclusive, despite his best efforts. Good to meet you, Sandy. Been a little reclusive myself, so don't worry about it. He thought it best not to explain himself. A first meeting didn't seem like the best time to drop all his recent trauma.
Anything you can tell me about Riverclan? He inquired casually, thinking of Crowfeather mainly. The shadowy leader was a mystery to him, but he would have been content to learn anything about the place he now called home. It was all he could do for now.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
It was what it was. He didn't question when other's needed time. Even Crow and Silvertongue had been rather reclusive lately. But he could understand with Crow rekindling an old flame and Silvertongue feeling scorned. It was what it was.

We are quiet. Mostly healers. WE have Crowfeather and his paramour Germanicus. Crow is a scout as is Germanicus, he is also a soldier I believe. Silvertongue is a scout and ambassador. I hunt. There is a male Ingram I believe that is a priest and a warrior and his paramour is a healer and a spirtualist. She is pregnant I believe.

I am pretty sure this was before Ash paw had the babies.
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Most of what Sandy told him regarded the inhabitants of the Hollow. Everyone seemed to have a job here, which was slightly intimidating for Kelsier. He'd never picked up any particular skills. His own skill was more — supporting others' skills. Moral support. He supposed he could be a counselor of sorts if he made the effort.
Quite the variety, Kel commented, smile coming more easily now. My old home had a lot of healers too. Not The Evergarden, though that had been a place of healing as well. His birthplace was different. It couldn't be explained. So he didn't talk about it.
Quiet suits me, He decided after a moment. Willowspire had been something of a revolving door of new faces, and The Evergarden was constantly aiding nearby afflicted packs and loners. It was a lot of running around. Kel preferred the relative peace here.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy could only share what he knew. Basic surface things. He wasn't one to go out of his way to talk to a face. He realized with a pang he had forgotten about the other two healers Veran and Faun he thought their names were.

Yes indeed. Sandy chuckled. Crow had built something here, he and Silvertongue both. There were many faces, but everyone had a job and everyone was valued.

He nodded. Me too. I've never been one for much ado.
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Used to be, myself, Kel said warmly, regarding Sandy as a friend already. Always something to do, someone to help. Never minded it much. Just got older. Tired. The last word was said laughingly, softly. He was ready to settle down, had been for a long time now, but Willowspire hadn't been ready to retire him and now they were gone.
He missed them dearly. More than he had ever missed anyone from The Evergarden, even his sisters. Came from a place called Willowspire. We took people in. All sorts of people, Kel explained idly. Before that, The Evergarden, a sanctuary for the wounded and the sick and the downtrodden. But he did not like to speak of his birthplace.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy listened with kind intent. He didn't ask questions or try and waylay the conversation. Simply listened. IT would be time for him to share eventually and he was right. The quiet way this wolf existed made him smile.

I came from Embershadow grove. Family pack mostly and as I'm sure you know. Sometimes Family comes with their own host of problems. Anyway I left to find my fortune and here I am. Your homes both of them sound like they were good to you while you were there.
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Family is important, Kel allowed with a small smile. But sometimes it's necessary to move on and find a new family. Like he had done with Willowspire. Like he was doing now, with Riverclan, because Willowspire was gone and there was nothing else left to him.
You said you're a hunter, He prompted, ready to leave the subject of their pasts behind. Large or small game?
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy knew this lesson intimately. He had left his sister, the twin of his heart behind. When their paths could no longer stay the same course. Though it had hurt him worse than anything else in his short life.

Both. I hunt both. My family is full of hunters and we hunt it all. I also fish. Do you like to hunt or fish?

A small weave of his tail a half a smile.
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Only with company, Kel admitted. He wasn't much of a hunter, though he saw the necessity of it and did his part for his pack. Otherwise it's a chore. A grin accompanied those words, because he couldn't help but make light of his general boredom with the task. Can't say I know a lot about fishing, though.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy shrugged athletic shoulders. Not everyone loves hunting as my family and I do. There are other interests to be had. I also enjoy drawing.

He grasped a nearby stick and drew as best he could with mouth and paw, using claw to make details in the dirt. And you smell like herbs, so I am guessing you are healer like Crow, and Faun. So you like herbs? Searching? Gardening?

He was not trying to be nosy, merely make conversation. The man could chose what he wished to comment on.
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Nah, not a healer yet. Just learning. I do enjoy gardening, Kel wasn't sure how to say that he had mostly stumbled into it through his desire to support Faun, so he didn't say it. He was committed now, and felt it would seem foolish to others that he had chosen his path this way. He was tired of basing everything around his past, though, and what it had made of him. Even at Willowspire...
But now wasn't the time for introspection. Kel watched with open curiosity as Sandy drew in the dirt. Never seen anyone do that before, He said, visibly delighted with it even before the other man had finished.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
sorry for the wait work is crazy

Sandy turned perked ears towards the male and listened calmly, quietly. Then I hope you can continue to garden and find more join in it. It can be fun, though I prefer flowers to herbs. I suppose I find them pretty.

A small shy smile at the other man's obvious delight. Thank you. I found it by accident one day and found that it helped me calm down sometimes when I was upset. So I do what I can. It's hard with claws and teeth and sticks and it doesn't always look anything at all what I had envisioned, but well. It's fun.
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
No worries, I've been slow myself <3 Maybe we could fade here?
Looks fun, Kel commented agreeably, still casting the occasional glance over Sandulf's work. You ever tried using flowers to add some color? He was certain the answer must be yes, but asked more for the sake of polite interest than anything. His fascination was genuine enough, but he was reaching his limit. Soon he would need to excuse himself, take some time to recharge, but for now Kel was content to dial back the conversation in favor of indulging Sandulf's interests and perhaps sharing in them.