Lost Creek Hollow Nothing more than The Next Good Deed
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Limit Two 
Mind if we backdate this a bit? @Crowfeather <3
Kelsier did little but rest for a time; it was all he could manage. He'd worn himself down more than he'd realized. Though he regarded Crowfeather fondly for his kindness, he spoke little to the man with sunflower eyes. He spoke not at all to the others. Unbecoming, perhaps, to play the hermit; Kel simply wasn't ready.
If he stayed here, then he would make friends. Get attached, in time. Crowfeather already had carved himself a shallow space in Kel's life, a little notch to signify that he had been there and that it had mattered that he was. It would grow. If he stayed. Driven into action by these thoughts, Kel decided that he was well enough to hunt today. It took him some time to procure a hare to show for his efforts, and when he did, he promptly turned to find Crowfeather's trail and seek him out.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
It would not have taken Kel long to find the shadow. Crowfeather had grown fond of walking the undergrowth of the hollow. He liked to listen to the water flow through the clan. He liked to journey as far as he might go before the natural noise shifted into something else. He had not reached this place when Kelsier appeared.

Oh, hello Kel, the tripod greeted him with a wave of his tail.

How are you settling in?

It was important that their newest member had been able to find his peace. Riverclan had the potential to make anyone feel at home, Crowfeather thought. He imagined that it would take longer for some.

I missed this somehow. <3 ;w; I'm so sorry to hold it up. It can be dated whenever you'd like.
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
No worries and no rush ever <3 I've been slow on everyone except Rev anyway LOL
He dropped the hare at Crowfeather's feet when he found him, offering a smile as the dark leader greeted him. Riverclan is lovely, but... slowly, Kel admitted. Still processing everything. This is for you, though. He gestured to what he'd brought, hoping that it made up somewhat for his reclusive behavior.
And you? How have you been? He was more interested in that, anyway. Kelsier hadn't seen much of Crowfeather since those first days. He had seemed preoccupied, and Kel truthfully hadn't taken much notice of the goings-on in Riverclan. It didn't feel like his business just yet. He meant to make it his business, though.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
It made sense that it would take time for Kelsier to feel at ease. Crowfeather had kept his distance so that he might allow the foreign man some time to find familiar paths, to settle into a den for himself. The hollow was growing lush and vibrant with the shifting seasons. It could only be hoped that some of the beauty of Riverclan would appeal to Kel.

For me? Crowfeather echoed in a soft voice. Honey warm eyes shifted up to Kelsier’s face. Thank you…

I have been well, I think. Busy! His thoughts jumped from one subject to the next. Have you- Have you ever thought about being  a father? Crowfeather inquired, his voice tentative.
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
You're welcome, Kel warmed to see Crowfeather so touched by his gift. It was worth the effort, then. But then the dark leader began to speak of something entirely unexpected. Fatherhood. Kelsier felt his heart drop into his stomach, and for a moment he could say nothing at all.
He managed to collect himself. I - no. I can't, There was a firmness to his tone that suggested Crowfeather should not press the subject. Kel was normally quite easy-going, so it felt odd to close himself off, but this was one thing he could never discuss. His voice softened with his next words, however. Have you? Are you?
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Kel’s firm response brought Crowfeather’s ears to lay flat on his head. He should not have asked.

The shadow had never heard someone say that they couldn’t have children. It did not seem to be a subject that would be discussed, though. After the initial reply, Crowfeather had swallowed any following questions. The back of his throat burned.

Me? Oh, no. No, I- his words croaked from his mouth. I mean- I would like them. But-

Was it appropriate to say that Crowfeather couldn’t have children, too? It didn’t feel so. The tripod could have offspring, as far as he was aware. His romantic interests merely did not coincide with such an act. The thought of Germanicus made his heart pulse.

It would be very hard for me. Honey gold eyes shifted to the earth.
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Maybe he shouldn't have been so firm. Kel almost apologized, but something kept him from it. The fear of returning the spotlight to himself, maybe. Whatever it was, it kept him silent while Crowfeather stammered through his own explanation.
Kelsier softened. All the best things are, He said quietly. What kind of life would you want for your children? Kel had learned at Willowspire that it was best to ask yourself these sorts of questions before moving forward with any big life decision. It was important to be able to really picture what you wanted, or else how could you know that you really want it?