an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
Private 
"i must go back to kvarsheim soon."

his lips, pressed to the temple of @Crowfeather, their limbs tumbled in the loose warmth after love.

his muscles eased, his spirit touched with a peace that he found fleeting in deeper guilt.

germanicus remained a coward.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Half asleep and tangled in the older man’s limbs, Crowfeather did not fully capture his words. A shaky breath fell from his lips as he nuzzled into the crook of Germanicus neck. His eyes were heavy with sleep. 

So soon? he muttered in a groggy voice. 

Then, Silvertongue’s words returned to him. Crowfeather pulled his head back and looked into the sunlight yellow of the silver eagle’s gaze. 

Silvertongue says… you must face a trial. What happened?
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
silvertongue.

glinting steel in his gut.

and the trial.

"it is done. completed. a woman plagued the creek with tortured animals and attempts at dark magick. i offered my help for her capture. i caught her alone, and found she was with child. and so i kept her hidden, and turned away a swiftcurrent wolf. she escaped. the one i mentioned was injured."

moss.

another knifepoint.

"and so i was accused of aiding this witch. the creek member who was harmed asked that i not be held accountable."

germanicus paused.

"i would have dragged her back to swiftcurrent had my son not told to me that the same witch had tormented him. once." his voice caught. "i wanted to end her myself for it."

a breath, muscles tensing.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Crowfeather wore his concern plainly on his features.

It sounded complicated. He wondered if there were things that Germanicus hid from him. The silver eagle had always had a guarded nature. He only offered what he felt was necessary. Cracking through the rough exterior had been difficult. Even still, the dark star wondered if he was only seeing the parts of Germanicus that were offered.

Trouble has a way of finding you, doesn't it?

The dark figure touched his nose to the other man - a small kiss. It was not Germanicus fault. He did what he believed was right and Crowfeather could not fault him for doing his best. Some misfortunes needed to see an end.

How does Kvarsheim feel about it all? After all, it was the place where the silver eagle had pledged himself.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
germanicus was weighed with all he had not said and all that he could not say.

there was only the fiercest love in his heart for crowfeather, and the intensity of it was something that surged untameably.

but there was also the farflung measure of his many sins.

"gunnar accepts me as i am. i hunt for what is needed and have made myself useful."

empty.

he kissed the dark face, once, twice.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
He would be foolish if he didn’t see your worth… 

And he believed that with his whole heart. Germanicus was many things. He was layered with complexity. But he was a treasure. His knowledge and diplomatic nature were worthy of forgiveness, alone. Nevermind the loyalty that Crowfeather saw in him. Nevermind the kindness that the shadow had seen for himself. No, Gunnar would have lost a great thing if he had turned the eagle away from Kvarsheim. 

Crowfeather did not want to see him go. His chest ached at the thought. 

Maybe I can go with you, he breathed into the man’s chest.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"come with me," germanicus said without hesitation.

perhaps they needed to be shut of this place; perhaps it would be a completion for him.

idle fantasies now of some little manor in the farflung and cold east, something entirely their own and without obligation.

he pressed his lips to the shadowed forehead and shut resolute eyes.