Hushed Willows See me running full speed at it, shattering collide
Hushed Willows
hi im baby
193 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Lucky him — he didn't even have to steal it! She'd brought it for him, rather clearly as a bribe more than a gift, but the coywolf was flattered all the same.

"Thank you," he said, pleasantly, placing himself between Reverie and the pile.

Once he had accepted the bribe, Reverie went right into detailing her ask. Dusty Rose stuck a paw out and dragged the squirrel toward him even as his brow furrowed. Caves were not something he was very familiar with, but he supposed his nose and ears were as valuable as anyone else's. But the ask was not exploring them so much as making it fun for everyone else.

He didn't realize this until she stopped and stared at him, like he was a clown about to pull a balloon out of his ass. His smile became serene for a moment while he was far away, contemplating the life choices that'd led him to this moment. But he supposed be ought to be flattered that Reverie thought him so fun as to be capable of conjuring it out of thin air.

Or rock.

"I think exploring caves should be its own reward, don't you?" he suggested, because she was waiting for him to say Something. And then — damn, that wasn't good enough. He didn't wanna disappoint Reverie, but more importantly, he had a reputation to uphold. You had to fight for your right to party and all that.

"We could play hide and seek?" he said next, which was a bad idea rivaled on by his next idea: "Or I could pretend to be a bear."

His idea of fun borrowed heavily from a very monotonous childhood. With little stimulation, he and his siblings had made a game out of scaring each other. The bitter war that broke out over it was one of his better memories of family activities.
* Dusty is a little shit who is always up in people's business. Feel free to bite him and inflict minor injuries without asking permission.
Messages In This Thread
RE: See me running full speed at it, shattering collide - by Dusty Rose - February 12, 2024, 02:11 AM