Moonsong Glacier I've carried this pre-conceived, false belief
Morningside
Sage*
131 Posts
Ooc — Jess
All Welcome 
After an eventful chase, zig-zagging through softening drifts of snow, Simbelmyne caught the hare she had been chasing, wrangling it to the ground with her long legs and pressing it into the snow until the creature's breathing stopped. She'd done everything that she could to avoid puncturing its flesh with her teeth, which had led to a long and tiring chase. It was only once she'd slapped the hind legs out from beneath it that the hare's luck ran out. 

She pulled it from the snow, noting that while the creature's bones had been lightly crushed, its pelt was intact; she felt satisfied, and carried the corpse toward a glacial stream so that she could begin the process that would allow her to gut, de-bone and separate the pelt from the rest of the animal. 

The process was long and messy, but Simbelmyne was patient and persistent. The animal's innards did not go to waste- nor did its bones, which were nutritious all the same. Aside from a few tattered edges and punctures when the skin did not pull away freely, she was left with a pelt that was soft and sleek; white, with some darker guard hairs. 

Simbelmyne herself was a mess; she would have both the pelt to clean as well as her own coat, but she would tend to the former first, licking all remaining gore and gristle from the rabbit's downy fur.
33 Posts
Ooc — Tuft

Hototo thought that maybe he could visit Simbelmyne today. He had met several other wolves in the pack and was quite interested in learning more about the pelts that she makes.

It didn't take very long to find her. He followed her scent through the trees and along the river. There he saw her for the first time. She was gorgeous! With her milk white fur to her pale sliver eyes, she was magnificent. She had blood mixed with her fur from the gutting of the animal. 

Strolling up to her, Hototo presented himself, tongue hanging out in a playful way. "Howdy! The name's Hototo! I see you got that little rascal ready for pelting. Could I help out in some way?"

Morningside
Sage*
131 Posts
Ooc — Jess
thank you for joining! <3

As carefully as she could without puling out tufts of fur, she worked to clean the rabbit's pelt with long strokes of her tongue. When it needed a bit more vigour, she brought it to the bank and let it sit in the fresh, glacier water for a few moments before she pulled it out, gave it a shake, and settled down to clean it before the fur had a chance to freeze in the cool temperature. It was a time-consuming project, but satisfying nonetheless. 

Her head lifted when she was interrupted from her task, having been so focused that she'd not noticed the sound of his pawsteps as he approached. He was a comely man, of good proportions, and with a pleasant twang to his voice. His expression was playful but earnest; she saw no devil in the curve of his lips, and saw fit to return his smile with one of her own. 

She sat up and fretted lightly about the state of her fur, but there was no time for her to clean herself up now. Slightly flustered, she nodded, not wanting to discourage him or send him away simply because she was filthy. "Peace be," She greeted with an additional bob of her head. "I, uhm...I am new to this craft, if you-" She said, gesturing to the pelt. She uttered a slightly ashamed laugh. "I would take any suggestions you have, if you know how to do this better," She said.
33 Posts
Ooc — Tuft
Of course! I can't stand a lonely thread haha

He watched as she meticulously cleaned out the pelt of bits of dirt and pieces of grass. He admired how she could focus on something so intricate and precise for such a long period of time. 

Complimenting her work, Hototo said “Oh sorry, no can do little missus! When it comes to making pelts, I’m as clueless as a walrus in the middle of a desert. But what you have so far looks incredible! It already looks perfectly clean!

Looking at her more closely, he noticed that she had dirt and blood all over her. “Pardon me ma'am,” Hototo started laughing and said, “but I think you got a little shmuck on you. Honestly I don’t mind it,  but I hate it when my fur gets all matted when I have fun in the mud. You want me to help clean you up?”. He wanted to say that he liked it when wolves get a little dirty, but decided against it. 

Morningside
Sage*
131 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Unintentionally, Simbelmyne's reaction to his accent, turn of phrase and wording was to pucker her lips slightly, tilt her head progressively with each unique word (specifically the part about a walrus in a desert) and flick one curious ear forward and back. She blinked several times as she processed what he'd just told her, as if the vision he'd conjured in her imagination was too vivid for her to cut through in order to respond. 

"Oh, well-" Was all she managed to blurt out, before his attention landed on the state of her coat. Flummoxed by his comment on her disarray, she wilted, and cast a sidelong glance at the water nearby. It would be reckless of her to plunge into it- glacier water had a keen sting to it, especially so in winter- but she wished she could dive in, slip below the surface like a seal, and disappear from sight. 

"Oh, n-nooo, thank you, I-" She stammered, "I will get myself clean," She felt sorely exposed now, ashamed of having been so disheveled. What suitor would want a woman who was this messy?
33 Posts
Ooc — Tuft

Hototo saw the look of embarrassment on her muzzle as she looked down at herself. This is not at all what Hototo was portraying to her. To help ease her tension he said to her “Pardon me, that was very rude. In all honesty, I think that you look absolutely stunning! I love when a wolf isn’t afraid to get their paws dirty when they’re working. It shows that they have true grit! And if I might say, you are the most gorgeous wolf I have ever seen!”. Hototo blushed, knowing that this might show that he had a crush on her.

Trying to get rid of his own embarrassment and anxieties, Hototo shook vigorously. He started wagging his tail and gave a big toothy smile when he finished.

Morningside
Sage*
131 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Her anxiety lessened but did not disappear altogether when he quickly began to reassure her that she was still attractive. She tried to summon a grateful smile though it withered, and she could do little more than grimace beneath the flattery. Her eyes shone to hear him speak so highly of her looks, though she couldn't help the little voice in the back of her mind that begged to be freed. 

"...But you haven't seen my sisters."
"Oh, you must not have seen very many wolves, then,"
"I must smell, as well..."

She tried to fight the self-deprecative thoughts away as she radiated with embarrassment that she knew he did not intend. He shook out his own pelt, a sign that he felt uncomfortable as well with how their conversation had gone. She told herself to stay humble, but be grateful as well. If she shunned his compliments, he might think her dismissive or shrewd, but if she thanked him for them, then he might think she was proud. 

"You are very kind," She said instead. She bobbed her head appreciatively and used the gesture so that she could take a step back as well- leery of the lingering thought that she might smell as bad as she looked. "I am Simbelmyne," She said. "Your name again?" She asked, feeling guilty that she had already forgotten.
33 Posts
Ooc — Tuft
Upon hearing Simbelmyne’s name, a look of excitement and shock spread on Hototo’s face. “Simbelmyne. Sim-bel-myne. Simbelmyne!” He muttered to himself over and over again. “That is the prettiest gosh-darn name I’ve ever heard of!” He said to her. 

Remembering that she had asked for his name, he replied, “My apologies, the name’s Hototo! Now Miss Simbelmyne, can I ask you something? See, I just came into this pack just a couple of days ago. I followed your scent for quite a while, and now have gotten myself lost. Do you know your way around these parts? Could you walk with me back to my den? Of course, I’ll help you finish your pelt making if you want.” Was he being too straight forward? He thought he was better at courting wolves than this.
Morningside
Sage*
131 Posts
Ooc — Jess
He was all compliments and wonder; she smiled faintly, yet again gently burdened with the kindness he showered her with. "You may call me Myna, if you like; or Simbelmyne, if you like it so," A courtesy she had only offered once before, but it seemed fit now to offer the alternative, if this would be where she chose to live eventually. 

She silently mouthed his name, trying to remember how many syllables it had- not wanting to accidently add or drop one. 

He had a favour to ask, and surprised her by admitting that he had been tracking her. What reason would he have for such a thing? Had Dutch mentioned her name to him, and put him on her scent? Perhaps this was his attempt at finding her a suitable match. She felt it wasn't worth asking- but took note of his confession all the same. 

She considered what he was asking for, and felt that it was merely an excuse to get her to spend more time with him. After all- if he could track his way all the way to her, he would be able to find his way back to his den. He'd mentioned before that he could not mend or work on a pelt, but offered to help her as long as she helped him; he was definitely fishing for a way to get her to go somewhere with him. 

She smiled; she would take him up on the offer. 

"I will help you. Can you drape this across my shoulders," She asked, standing up, and gesturing to the pelt. It was her own coy way of inviting him closer, allowing him contact- without simply asking for it. An innocent enough request.
33 Posts
Ooc — Tuft

Why of course madam Myna. I would love to!” Hototo politely said, draping the fur over her back. 

He accidentally brushed by her as he was draping the fur. The feel of Myna’s fur was unlike anything that he had ever felt before. Normally, wolf’s fur is thick and dull to protect themselves from the harsh winters here. Her fur was extravagantly soft and pristine! 

He longingly yearned to feel that warm and fluffy fur once more and wanted to complement Myna for it, but instead, he blushed and said sorry as he quickly started heading back to his den. 

He tried breaking the stillness that followed as he walked in silence for a couple of minutes by asking Myna “So, um…How long have you been in these here parts? You don’t smell like the rest of the pack yet, so probably not that long right?”.

Morningside
Sage*
131 Posts
Ooc — Jess
He drew close, as she had anticipated and she saw the halting in his breath as he came close enough to touch her. She offered a surprised fluttering of her dash lashes, but did not move away or show any sign of disdain. 

She followed, moving to amble alongside him as they made their way back to his den, pricking her ears at the invitation for easy chatter. 

”You are right,” It was what men wanted to hear, wasn’t it? ”Not very long. I lived on Moonspear for a few months, but found it too…Big?” She wasn’t sure how to say what she meant without colouring his perception of the mountain. It had hidden warmths, but also great, gaping expanses of cold. The landscape was not something that she was suited for, either. 

”Dutch has welcomed me here. I may move on to Moontide or, if I like it enough here, I may stay.” Already, she found herself wishing for reasons to stay- but she wondered too what her life might be like with their ally as well.