Hushed Willows Letting my mind get the best of me.
Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Private 
She had been spending a lot of time lately with Tuft and sticking close to the den assigned to her due to her current state, only going out to hunt but the woman was bored and still restless. 

She needed something to do and to keep her mind off of what her body wanted. She wished she could go back to when she thought nothing of her heat and when she was oblivious to what it meant. Minnow sat down and pondered it all for a moment

@Reina
Hushed Willows
Singer
153 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
There was so much activity going on in the pack lately that sometimes it was nice to just take some time alone. Or so Reina thought as she passed Minnow, deep in contemplation, in the area of her assigned den. Internally, her eyes rolled as she couldn’t leave the girl alone with her thoughts.

“Minnow,” she greeted the woman, tail wagging and a cock to her head, “are you alright?” Her speech was polite, but she still had trouble getting past the way she and Tuft interacted, so friendly with a hint of something more. But, she was being hypocritical to feel upset that Tuft had eyes for herself and another woman; her eyes were on Tuft and Everett.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Her thinking was interrupted by a soft voice and as she looked up she remembered this woman from the caverns. “Hello, Reina right?” Before continuing she wanted to make sure this was the woman’s name. The she wolf always was bad with names. “I’m just learning a lot quickly and I’m overwhelmed.” Plus not to mention her hormones and emotions were all over the place.
Hushed Willows
Singer
153 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
“Yes, it is,” Reina chuckled. 

She hummed her sympathy, though it truly would have been empathy if the red woman were to divulge that she, too, felt overwhelmed. It was easy to place herself in Minnow’s paws and knew that, if the rolls were reversed, she would ask for someone to be her sounding board. 

And, isn’t this what she was made for; a role that involves caring for others’ health and, even, mental well being? She felt the need to come closer to the woman and laid herself down. Might as well get comfortable.

Blue eyes softened as she nodded for Minnow to go on. “I will listen—if that is something you feel you need. You ask a question of me, or seek advice, I will give what I can. This is a safe space, free of judgment. Know that, Minnow.”

Her healer heart warred with her mind, she had to admit that only to herself. She did not want to come between something that which she couldn’t control, but her mind was jealous, yes, but also…sad. Hurt that Tuft would turn from her. But, she knew, it wasn’t to be helped.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The woman seemed sincere and she really did need a friend. “I just was raised by woman who never really told me what a heat meant and its purpose and now someone here spoke to me about it.” The woman felt so dumb that she made it to five almost without understanding what it was. “It’s just all so frustrating and maybe it’s just the hormones or it’s me or both.” 

Minnow knew yet again she was rambling but she once again couldn’t stop. “And now someone’s interested in me. I barely reconnected with my brother. I just don’t know what to do.” She laid on the ground and covered her face with her paws to try and stop herself from crying.
Hushed Willows
Singer
153 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
“I will not sugar coat it, but those women did you a disservice, Minnow.” Reina had come closer as the woman spoke her plight, a nudged with her nose to the woman’s cheek in comfort. “Heat is a tough time for all involved, men included, and moreso for those who have not experienced it before—or, in your case, those who have not had the chance to learn of it beforehand.” She could not imagine the embarrassment of not knowing and the anxiety it brought Minnow. Her feelings were understandable. 

As Reina gazed upon Minnow, her thoughts went to Tuft. And, for a moment, she did not feel the jealousy. No, she felt…acceptance. The woman before her was innocent in all of this. She was sweet, albeit a little naive in womanhood, but that was not her doing. She was pretty, there was no doubt on that. 

“This person must be Tuft, is it not? If so, I think you’ll find yourself surprised on what he would do for you.”

Tuft’s puzzle piece. Reina felt in her bones that this woman was for Tuft. At least, moreso than she could ever be; the red woman could never be what he wanted. She felt a kindred spirit in him, that was for sure, but that was where it stopped. Rightfully so, because soon she would leave. 

Though, Minnow was not from Hearthwood. If they were to mate…wouldn’t that also mean Tuft would leave if Minnow chose not to stay? She did mention the recent reuniting with her brother—surely, that would divide her. 

She found herself upset with the thought of Tuft leaving, of losing a piece of her family. She couldn’t stop the words that tumbled out next. “You’re going to take him away, aren’t you?”

Mature Content Warning

Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She removed her paws from their current position and looked up at the woman. She listened as the other spoke and her ears perked at the man’s name. All she could do was give a small nod.

Everything was all so confusing and she only wished her mother had been with her to make sense of all this but for now she had this woman. “He’s such a sweet man and he’s already done so much to help me mentally.” Granted he was the third male ever that she’d liked but the woman didn’t know that. Perhaps it was too soon but only time could tell that.

Minnow felt her heart drop as the words came from the woman’s mouth. 

Did she have feelings for him too? Did she steal him away from her?

The last thing she wanted to do was upset anyone and her face softened towards the female; a saddened look on her face. “I don’t wish to. I want to speak to my brother before making any decisions.” Plus she had to wait and hear back from Tuft on if their partnership was approved. “I was born in this territory. I wouldn’t be opposed to the idea of staying.” 

This was just all too much and she tried her best to keep her mind from racing. There was too much trauma for her here but perhaps she could make better memories. “It’s all just so confusing…” she let out a long drawn out sigh as she laid her head on the floor.
Hushed Willows
Singer
153 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Her heart melted for the woman as she watched her lay her head on her paws. “Hey, now. I’m sorry, I spoke out of turn. It wasn’t accusatory—I am…well, I would be saddened to lose a piece of my family. I do not have any blood relatives alive. My pack died well over a year ago now. I came here, because of Reverie, and I found a new family. Tuft, included.”

She paused, hesitant to speak on what she was about to reveal, but it didn’t matter overall. “I had found a kindred spirit in Tuft, having both lost our parents and wanting so badly what we didn’t have—a family of our own. It was hard—especially after one has found themself alone for a full year—not to fall for the first person to bring their heart joy.” She shook her head and laughed, knowing that it had been a fool’s folly. Life did not have love in mind for her story. Especially not one so quick. 

Blue eyes searched Minnow’s own as she grew serious once more, confident that the female would understand her next admission. “I, too, feel a frustration and confusion in the ways of the heart. Of being torn apart one way or another. But, I do believe that if it scares you, it is worth it.” She smiled at the woman and got to her feet.

Mature Content Warning

Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
”No need to be sorry I understand.” She looked to the woman and she spoke about her family and she sympathized with the woman. Her story was similar to hers in some ways.

“My family is gone as well all but my brother.” She understood the pain of clinging to someone and not wanting to lose them.

“Once I speak with my kin we’ll make a decision on where we’ll reside. I understand he’s family and I too wouldn’t want my family to leave me.”
Hushed Willows
Singer
153 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
The red woman nodded, satisfied with their discussion, and felt a new bond between herself and Minnow click into place. Her heart felt for Minnow. “That is good, Minnow. I wish you both good luck. I must go and take care of some matters now, but if you need of me, don’t hesitate to call or come find me. Either way, I will do what I can for you.”

It was a confusing time for everyone involved, herself included, but all she could do to help was be patient and aid where she could be most useful. To her pack and the guests that are housed here.

“Whatever you choose to do, make sure it’s from your heart. Too many times the head steers us wrong as we overthink. You will be alright in the end. I know it.”

One farewell lick to the top of the woman’s head and she padded off, feeling lighter than she had been in a while.

Last Rei post <3

Mature Content Warning

Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She remained laying there as the woman stated she had to depart so that she may do other things and the girl understood. “I will definitely seek you out before we depart.” 

She now thought of the woman as a friend and she left leaving Minnow with a little bit of confidence that she would need when making the next few decisions in her life.