Sheepeater Cliff To gather, such curious things
Loner
Nothing else could make me feel this good
18 Posts
Ooc — Bone
Trade 
Need to start making up some trade threads for my crazy doctor gal so that she can actually receive her medical license in canon. All welcome <3

Wandering, wandering.

and even more wandering! It was a ceaseless endeavour, really; and though hunger drew forth a general state of discontent, she had a conflicted relationship with the 'freedom' she now held. 

Or rather, perhaps it was her 'packmates' who were freed of her. Regardless of the finer details, Envy found herself indulging in the ability to simply travel and learn the places where the herbaceous plants of this land took root. To memorize, she'd always excelled at. 

What a good little student. Bravo! Well done to you, perfect one!

She'd do the appraisal all herself, as there was noone else here to give it to her. Sad. Lonely. She'd made it a habit, to regail herself with all the stories once saved to pester the ears of another. 

But like a bad dog, given up on, she was cast out into the world to let it have its way with her. A merciful euthanasia, one others didn't have to look at, or recognize that her blood would be on their hands.

Fine.

She was not a stupid dog, at least. She would have her way with the world instead.

Between the cragged rocks and sheer cliffs, the imp would trot about, a spring to her step as she hummed a soft tune and let her gaze travel and seek for only plants of a specific nature. Like this one, come up ahead, lady's mantle nestled resiliently within the crack of two rocks.

If it could survive here, so too could she.

She had no use of the plant however, as beautiful as it stood, as useful as its properties would be, she would not pluck it from its home. She had none to use it on, none to test its various properties with, and to top things off, it was immature anyways, not yet decorated with the buds of golden flowers. Still, it made for a great spectacle for one so enwrapped within the embrace of natures medicine. 

So instead, she'd simply look, commit it to memory in case she'd find use for it someday. Come back here, time and time again, to take what she'd need, and no more than that. Imagination too would rear its head, mind aflutter with thoughts of a guilty sort of pleasure, she missed that which sated her. That purpose.

Oh, how she longed to lay her eyes on injuries of a most grievous nature. A feast for her. A challenge. A stimulation that made her lips quiver and her heart soar.

She'd lean back onto her haunches, and sit, and stare. Lost in thought.
Loner
14 Posts
Ooc — Nespario
There were wolves that yearned to be reborn. Through the tempestuous fires of self-immolation, only then were their impurities wrought out. Then, there was Cassian who’d been gifted it. Effortlessly, but was it in vain? The threads of fate spastically wove amok without the wolf’s say in a twisted, parasitic ploy. As if to entertain themselves with a new toy, one who could fall on the drop of a dime now that he was free. Lost. Boundless. A foreign corpse born with the tracings of their previous master.

Life, from what’d been able to be garnered so far, was no different than a coin flip. Some wolves landed on heads. Others on tails. Then, there were those who dwelled on the sides. The grey, where few souls wandered without purpose. The grimy, twisted, gnarled grooves none other would dare pay attention to. Here, he would carve out a home. Here, he would hopefully find answers of who he once was. Here, he would find purpose and a way of life that suited him or he would die trying.

One thing that earned its gratitude in leaps and bounds was the wolf’s instincts. Those that went beyond the simple, shared core capabilities they all had. No, the previous owner of this vessel he now inhabited was a fierce one. One whose rampant, raging practices were ingrained well beyond the nimble palms of amnesia itself. Hunting was natural to Cassian, as a result. Being made well aware of what could be garnered as feasible game and which scents to steer clear of. These beasts were ones that did not come with any image, unfortunately, but their mere daunting presence was enough to send static weighing down upon his fur. True apex predators that would, without an ounce of remorse or thought, still their claws into his being and take his soul for their own pleasure.

The thought alone was enough to jostle him awake in any tired state. Even in the slumber he’d found himself in just a pawful of hours ago. His heart skipped and coupled itself with a blatant, deafening tone; and, only when it stilled, did Cassian rise. Why did that occur? The foreboding visions that haunted him when his eyes blanketed into darkness, were they truly his own? “Too many questions,” he mumbled, gruffly before rising and shaking off the debris that accumulated since he last laid down. Westwards he went, aiming for the jagged cliffs that laid beyond. Scents were a powerful thing, he’d since learned, but sight reigned supreme. While other wolves may have had this neck of the world memorized to perfection, it was a privilege he sorely lacked. Any visual aid would be well appreciated.

This forest, short lived as it’d been, had brought good fortune upon him. Within his stomach broiled half a colony of rabbits, the other half having made a successful escape. Despite this positive venture, a particularly prideful corner of the wolf's mind festered. Not a single one should’ve escaped. They all should’ve been felled, but just as quickly as the thought was born…it died off. When he brushed past the last verdant shrub, a stellar view bore its beauty forth to the reborn wolf. A clear sky, accompanied by the sun's splay and a contrasting, chilly breeze that’d been previously stifled by the berthed trees. It felt good to be alive. It felt good to be in the here and now, even if there was another wolf sitting on its haunches over yonder.

A single sniff was made by Cassian. Did he mistakenly cross into another pack’s territory? Surely not, unless his nose betrayed him. So, if not that, then why was there a lone stray out here? The question could’ve easily been flipped on him, he concluded. Quite easily, actually. This helped bring him some sense of clarity as he bridged the gap between them. By the end of his endeavors there lay a distance of approximately three yards between the two of them. Gray fur coated the other’s frame. A stark, feminine scent was mired into her. The way they sat, he found it amusing.

So, he copied it, following their example despite them being unable to see the replication. From here, Cassian could see it. A rushing, ferocious river just over the edge of the cliff. Although, it was too far out to jump into. If it hadn’t been, perhaps he’d have dived into it, despite how foolhardy of an idea it seemed.

“What are you doing?”

His voice, it spoke with the innocence of a being not yet tampered by the world and its cruel, haphazard ways. Curiosity, genuine in its purest form, rang forth from the sun-kissed wolf. Those brown eyes of his swam across the grey storms of this stranger’s coat, carefully watching for movements and twitches of muscles. Getting lost somewhere along the way.

“Is there anything I can do to help you?”
Loner
Nothing else could make me feel this good
18 Posts
Ooc — Bone
Sorry for the late response, been terribly uncreative lately <3 

She'd been locked away in her thoughts, plagued by those which threatened to tear her asunder and swallow her whole; those of a dirty, vile sort of pleasure; and here came one with the key, quickly spurring her from her idle drifting.

In fact, he surprised her so much she'd scramble backwards and scuffle along the rocky terrain before regaining her footing and straightening her posture, as if such a scare had merely been a work of imagination. Envy narrowed her gaze and looked upon the stranger, kissed in the soft hues of prarie and muted gold, as if the sun itself had sought to reach out and touch him. 

Perhaps she was ogling him a little bit; she couldn't help it. The line was muddied in her mind, between merely observing another and raking a hawkish, devouring gaze down their form. 

Where caution could be warranted, she exhibited none; he spoke all friendly, and that was enough for her to believe he was. 

Envy tilted her head to the side, wide-eyed and ears perked attentively Well I'm- She trails off, pearly mitts scraping against the stone. ..S'pose I'm makin' myself a collection. The wretch would inform pridefully, her chest puffed slightly and her tail swishing behind her as excitement manifested itself physically. She'd made a bit of a plan.

She'd scrounge up every little bit of anything useful in this area, make it so the wolves she'd been observing for the past week;  those ones who lived in the valley, would have no choice but to turn to her, no choice but to accept her aid, and in turn, provide her with their own. It seemed that such a skillset was a hot commodity, after all, though that hadn't exactly stopped others from rejecting her before. 

And if they never did allow her to worm her way into their ranks? If she never would come to use what she'd collect? Well, she'd simply sit smug and delighted with her own actions. it would serve em' right, after all, if they were to turn her away. She'd feign indifference toward suffering caused at her hand, but really, that too would tickle some dark fancy of hers. It was a little far off from the usual ideals most healer's kept to, though she'd had her fill of that stifling, pretentious, do-gooder air. There was no pretending here.

She was a trickster, a desperate little trickster who only hoped her tricks would work.

And along came a tool for her whims, as if a divine delivery set out to fall perfectly at her paws. She was quick to accept his offer of assitance.

I could use help, actually. Do you know much about plants? ....Or maybe you could catch me a snack... She'd idle on the thought, her tongue clicking against the back of her teeth. The scrawny one would bound forward dramatically and begin to circle him, studying, testing the boundaries.
Loner
14 Posts
Ooc — Nespario
Scuffling raked across the ragged terrain the two of them were sharing. Beyond the inner chasms of Cassian’s mind it spurred forth a memory; but, be it as it may, all it did was clamor amongst the chains whence it was sequestered to. The sensation was a numbing chill that whirled its merciless path across the wolf’s cranium. A taunting, fleeting touch from the fates themselves and a reminder that the experiences this sun-kissed soul once held truly never belonged to him in the first place.

Boundless, curious, and overtly trusting was he. When met with the gates of hell, this temporary guest found refuge rather than discomfort. The murky brown waters that glazed over Envy’s figure took in the full essence of their physical self. From their boney frame, downwards to the silver and whites muted perfectly across her frame. To Cassian, they reminded him of nothing. She was the first since his inception and these sequences of colors would forevermore be tied to her essence.

”Well, youuuuu?”

The first shifts in her demeanor were mimed by Cassian. Tilted head, wide-eyed stares, perked ears. Simply for no other reason than finding strict glee in the act itself. ”A collection, huh? Out here? Alone? I think it’s difficult enough to live daily without something like that. You must be really talented to accomplish something that astronomical!” Granted, there was no information on what exactly it was that this stranger was hoarding. Still, the blossoming desire to lend them praise came freely from within this wolf’s chest nevertheless. From where he stood it was clear that they took satisfaction in whatever that was. Solidarity, the acclimation of living in a foreign world, and the uncertainty of the next day’s meal was enough to lay stake to a claim of ego. The fact that she wrought forth that same sensation from elsewhere opened mental doors for the wolf.

There were other things in life that could stake their claim as being worthy of pride.

”No, I don’t know anything about plants. I know about as much as the next wolf honestly, haha! I know you can’t eat them. Most of the time, anyway. A lot of them taste bitter and aren’t anything compared to meat. So, I avoid em!”

His gaze glued itself to her frame as she leapt forward. Flying, even if only for a brief moment in time, much like the birds in the sky that he enjoyed pursuing. Then, a faint whisper curled itself against the sun-kissed wolf’s ear. A twitch, haphazard and erratic, sprung forth. The voice within Cassian rarely ever spoke its piece. A fading, dwindling ember amidst the abyss it’d been banished to. Still, it had its moments, and right now it screamed from the ether to stand still. To tuck his tail around his frame and monitor the situation. So, he did, albeit there wasn’t an ounce of stress weighing down on the wolf. There was no reason and there had never been a reason.

It was foreign to him, the feeling of distrusting another.

”I could get you something to eat, yeah! You seem to be lacking meat in all the right places. I’ve never seen somebody so tiny before! Maybe you’ve been focusing too much on your collection or whatchacallit?”

The idea never blossomed to him that she might not have been able to hunt for herself in the first place. There were a variety of prey felled by Cassian that were scanned through for the purpose of her proposal. Why, the wolf’s first memory centered around blood draining off the side of his maw, kissing the earth below with each sickening, satisfying crunch of bones beneath the pressure of gnarled bites. A fox wouldn’t be enough to feed her, would it? But then again, she said she wanted a snack. There was no specification on an entire meal.

”A fox is a nice treat. At the end of the day, it’s meat, and you did say you wanted a snack. I want something in return, though.”

Only when she rounded her way back out in front of him did Cassian rise from resting on his haunches. Steps were taken towards the opposing wolf, leaving just enough space for an entire yard’s worth of distance. A smile splayed itself out, hospitable down to the very core. Then, a swaying of the male’s tail, in an eerie replication of the tempo her own had been going at mere moments ago.

”I would like to know your name. Mine is Cassian. But, if you don’t want to give me your name, then maybe you can give me something else. I think I’d be okay with telling you what that is after gifting you your treat. It’ll be something simple.”

Innocence met morbid curiosity today. In a twisted conspiracy melded together by their circumstances Cassian found that his heart was beating avidly. Racing, at the mere prospect of having this wolf choose between two options. But, why was that? What was this sensation? One that escaped him entirely up until now. A greedy, sinful, bumpy wash over his skin.

”So, what’ll it be?”