Big Salmon Lake standing on rubber
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
For @Autumn, as promised.

Fox departed from the caldera with no real mission. She had vague plans to scope out any prey that she might come across during her trek into the outside world, but beyond that, she just wanted to stretch her legs and run. She was heading toward Big Salmon Lake at breakneck speeds, pushing herself to go faster and further than she ever had in the past. With the last of her injuries healing up, it felt good to be fit and healthy again. Sure, her weight had dropped a bit considering their lack of success in hunting, but that was nothing to be worried about. Fox was confident in Peregrine's hunting ability, and she was certain that he could rally the troops and keep their caches filled.

When she neared the lake, Fox slowed her pace, gradually coming to a lope, then a trot, then finally walking the last few steps to the lake's shore. Once there, Fox took a moment to scan the water's surface, noting the frozen rim along the outside. She doubted that the lake would freeze all the way through this winter, due to its size, but at least the edges would be thick enough with ice that some fun might be had. Fox wasn't much for ice-skating, but she had walked across a few frozen lakes and ponds in her time.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
256 Posts
Ooc — summer
thanks! also, sorry my posts aren't usually that long! Edit: added! @Fox

Autumn had reached the Lake. She'd visited here a lot last Winter, as she had grown up nearby. She'd left home, but she still remembered the area well, as well as the way to it. She was on the other side of the lake from the wolf, but she didn't notice her. It was lightly frozen over, another reminder that her season was nearly over. She wasn't exactly the most catious fox alive, but she wasn't all for drowning. She lightly tested it with her paw. Cold and Hard, like all ice. She couldn't tell whether it would support her weight. Hmm. She wanted to slide on it, but she was afraid it would crack.
I will exit threads immediately if your character does not understand Autumn's dialogue as it causes inconsistencies in my roleplay experience.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Short posts are fine by me!

Across the vast lake, Fox spotted—well, a fox. Not an impostor like herself, but the animal she was named for. Curiosity got the better of her, and Fox gazed out at the smaller creature and watched with amusement as her namesake began to test the ice. Fox was not sure such a thing was a bright idea, but she figured it would be a show no matter what. Fox had a feeling that the fox would disappear as soon as she caught sight of the big bad wolf, considering wolves often preyed upon the sneaky creatures, so she made no attempt to grab the fox's attention.
256 Posts
Ooc — summer
The little trickster still didn't notice Fox as she lightly tested the ice. Cautiously she stepped on. Nothing. Then she began to walk a little, heading towards the center of the lake quickly. She paused, still about a dozen yards away from the middle. Crrrr Cra- Crack- Crrrr.... She ice made small sounds as small lines raced through it. She giggled maniacally as she sped back towards the shore, the sound of fragmenting ice motivating her. When she was about a yard from the shore she leapt and skidded into the snow. As she leapt she had put too much weight into her hind legs, and just as she reached the shore a small hole opened up as some ice cracked. The weight she had put on it had made it fly into the air and then land on more ice. None of the cracked ice would move... Unless something made it move. It was not the whole lake that was cracked, mostly just a little area she'd walked on. Hopefully nothing else would crack off.
I will exit threads immediately if your character does not understand Autumn's dialogue as it causes inconsistencies in my roleplay experience.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox continued to watch as her namesake did some daring stunts on the frozen lake. It seemed like a terrible idea, but Fox couldn't help but chuckle audibly at the creature skittering and jumping around. She wondered if she had acted in a similar manner as a small child, causing her parents to name her after the little red mammal. Then again, Fox didn't resemble many other creatures in appearance, so perhaps her name had been based solely on her fur color.
256 Posts
Ooc — summer
The little fiery girl sat in the snow and giggled. She wasn't crazy, (she hoped,) just a bit wild and daring. Her amber eyes were lit with joy and playfulness. Autumn was perhaps a bit too daring, not afraid of things that she probably should be afraid of. And that caused for some stupid chances to be taken just for the sake of fun. Fun was a big part of Autumn's life, and it was true, perhaps she was a bit shallow. But she was a teenager, and joy was important. She leapt onto the ice, sliding onto the cracked portion with a gasp. She waited a few seconds, staring down at the ice. Her eyes were a mixture of fear and excitement.
Crraaaaack...
The foxy fox plummeted into the freezing water as the ice cracked. She gasped before entering, flailing, and suddenly regretting her stupid idea. What fun.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
More running around and daring stunts were performed by the little catlike creature until finally the ice gave way. Fox's eyes widened suddenly, and she gasped, taking a step backward. Because she was still on the other side of the lake, there was nothing she could do to help the poor little creature. Fox frowned, feeling a sudden and deep sense of sadness for her namesake. She did not think there was any way the fox would survive such a terribly freezing dip in the lake.
<b>Currently:</b> Broken ankle, exhausted and weak from a recent fight.
49 Posts
Ooc — Sophia
(Hope you don't mind me jumping in. There is no activity in NB)

Silverfeather had wandered far from the homeland of her pack, which was unusually still and quiet. The past few weeks she had spent wandering the Wilds, and finally she had made it to its edge. She sighed contently, knowing her journey was over. She was on the other side of the lake then the wolf and fox, and kept watch over them as she broke the ice with her paws and took a long, deep drink.

Suddenly, a huge crack echoed across the empty lake, and Silver looked up in time to see the tiny figure of the fox fall into the frozen lake. She growled, but would not let any creature die. With a huff, she stepped onto the frozen vastness, careful where she placed her paws. She neared the fox, and stopped a foot behind the thrashing creature. She stretched her neck as far as she could, attempting to reach the tiny creature and pull her out. She grabbed hold of something, but she didn't know what. She dragged whatever it was slowly onto the ice, hoping it was not a large dead with or some soggy carcass.

@Fox I am trying to achieve healer)
256 Posts
Ooc — summer
I'm cool with that- welcome.

Something pulled her out. Of course, she was unconscious at this point already. A few minutes passed and her little fiery body lay on the ice. Slowly her eyes slitted open, squinting sort of. Her wet body began to shiver uncontrollably as soon as she was exposed to the freezing air. First all she saw was black. Then blurred colors, then forms, then things. Something- no someone, was on the ice next to her. "Where..." She croaked, still squinting. She felt like she couldn't move. And she felt so very cold. She tried to remember what had happened. There had been ice, she knew that. She couldn't remember much more than that.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
No need to tag me! I check on all the threads in my threadlog. :)
This is my last post, but feel free to continue without me!

Out of seemingly thin air came another wolf. Not one of Redhawk Caldera, that was for sure. Even though Fox liked foxes, she was certain she would never risk her life for one. She would spare one where Peregrine would kill one, but that was the extent of her fondness for them. To see another wolf risk their life was... well, a little bit odd. Fox shrugged, then turned around, heading back to her home. The outcome wasn't important enough for her to stick around, and she had an entire mountain to protect.
49 Posts
Ooc — Sophia
The dappled fae sighed with relief when the little fox spoke weakly. She pulled her rough tongue over the red coat without a moments hesitation, her strokes moving from tail to head. The fox shook, and the wolf began slowly dragging her towards shore, careful as not to break through the ice again. Finding a sheltered spot by the shore, the middle of a shriveled bush, the fae lay next to the fox, trying to warm her. A warm stirring drove through her then, and the wolf looked at the fox with kind eyes.
256 Posts
Ooc — summer

Autumn did not protest the wolf caring for her, and dragging her small shivering body towards the shore. She shivered uncontrollably in the snow, but it would be okay. She looked up at the wolf- a pale grey figure who lied beside her, trying to warm her up. Thanks, m-man. Thanks s-so m-m-much. I'm really c-c-cold, s-so would you m-mind s-staying here a few m-more m-minutes s-so I c-c-can warm up a bit? She asked the silver girl quietly, her voice trembling and stuttering from the cold and the shock. Autumn seriously needed to quit this daredevil stuff. It didn't always have a great result.

49 Posts
Ooc — Sophia
[size=small]The fox stuttered and trembled, worrying Silver. If she didn't warm up soon, hypothermia could set in. Silverfeather looked down at the shivering, stuttering bundle of red fur. "Sure. And when you feel better, I can get you some strengthening herbs. They should keep away any fever." She drew closer to the little thing, marveling at it's fine features and bright colour. "What is your name, little fox?" She couldn't continue to call her 'fox' or 'you'.[/size]

256 Posts
Ooc — summer

Autumn sighed with relief as the wolf said she would help out, including healing herbs. Autumn didn't know there were herbs for defending against a fever, but hey, she wasn't a healer. Au-Autumn. But... I sh-should go. Th-thanks for your h-help, anyway. But I b-best be off. G-goodbye.. She said, her voice still trembling. She sure hoped she wouldn't get a fever, she was looking foward to more travel after this, and being sick would not help her out. Having a fever would drain her traveling spirit, which was the last thing she wanted. But with a glance at the wolf company, she picked herself up and shook out her fur, some icy water splattering out. Autumn trembled heavily as she began to walk away slowly, a flame that was freezing.