Horizon Ridge pride comes before the fall
Avatar by <a href="http://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=1084">Zyn</a>
476 Posts
Ooc —
Akhlut mentioned his mothers, something which surprised Pied and made her curious, but he did not make the revelation in regards to their same-sex union, so she didn't think it would be prudent to ask about it. Besides, he moved on quickly, mentioning the value in what sounded to Pied like arranged marriages. The idea put a bad taste in her mouth, though she didn't give voice to this thought, either, in part because Akhlut asked an unexpected and intimate question of her.

It did make her feel slightly put on the spot and vaguely uncomfortable but Pied did not dismiss it. Her brows furrowed thoughtfully; oddly enough, even such a small thing made her ache. "No, no, it's okay," she said quietly when the Alpha began to withdraw. "It is a personal question but," she said, their eyes meeting briefly, "I'm not afraid to answer it."

She paused, less because she needed to think about it and more because she needed to summon her strength. Pied could feel herself slipping into exhaustion even from such a brief interaction. "There is. It surprised me how quickly it all happened. Kisu hardly knew me when he declared his feelings and asked me to be his mate. I rebuffed him at first... but I quickly came to like him, then love him. He's very sweet and charming." She paused. "I have thought about whether I fell for him because he was really the first male to ever show me attention but... I do love and care for him deeply and we are passionate about our mutual dreams, like our children." Her lips twitched, as the joy of Akhlut's blessing was still fresh in her mind.

After a moment, she asked, "Did I answer your question?" in the hopes that she'd satisfied whatever curiosity had prompted it. Unaware that he might be entertaining thoughts about her, even envy of Kisu, she added, "Like I said, I don't know you well yet, Akhlut, but I don't think you're the type to go for some... political union or whatever." Her pale nose wrinkled somewhat. "You seem like a passionate individual. I can't see you settling for anything less than fiery romance. You are the Sun Prince, after all, aren't you? You just need to find your princess, right?" Her lips twitched.

Shortly after, Pied slumped rather weakly and let her chin drop onto her forepaws. "I'm sorry, Akhlut, I'm exhausted..." she said. "Kisu might be back soon. He might provide better conversation. Once I'm feeling better, I'd love to talk with you again..." And though the Gamma fought to keep her eyes open, her healing body demanded rest and, without another word, she fell asleep at Akhlut's feet.
Messages In This Thread
pride comes before the fall - by Akhlut - January 30, 2014, 08:24 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Pied - January 30, 2014, 09:22 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Akhlut - February 12, 2014, 08:17 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Pied - February 12, 2014, 10:06 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Akhlut - February 13, 2014, 03:35 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Pied - February 13, 2014, 04:01 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Akhlut - February 13, 2014, 04:41 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Pied - February 13, 2014, 04:49 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Akhlut - February 13, 2014, 05:15 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Pied - February 13, 2014, 06:14 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Akhlut - February 20, 2014, 08:48 PM