Redhawk Caldera All my down and outs
311 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Jaws quickly whisked the feather away, but whatever had unsettled Nightjar wasn't as quick to disappear. Even with the offending plume removed, he continued to fuss and bat at his own chest until a new distraction was presented in the form of Jaws departing. Falling silent, the boy angled his head so that his blunt muzzle was pressed tight against his breast. He tried to trace Jaws' movement with his eyes, but found it hurt and soon let his head fall back against the grass.

The dark coywolf returned quickly enough, this time with a more welcome toy. Nightjar's right ear pricked at the gentle thud of the branch falling to the ground. His whole body seemed to lurch as he whipped his head around and locked on to his newest distraction. Without any further indication that he even noticed Jaws' presence, Nightjar loosed a loud battle cry of, "raaaaaaah!" and launched his tubby body at the stick. As young as he was, his form was far from perfect, but he hit his mark with the precision that all predators had even as little babes.

He went to work on the stick, gnawing and chewing, and only paused when he'd rolled around it like a gator and spotted Jaws once more. His pale eyes remained fixed on the elder wolf as he chewed, almost like he suspected that Jaws would try to take it from him.
Messages In This Thread
All my down and outs - by Nightjar - March 17, 2015, 11:08 AM
RE: All my down and outs - by Jaws - March 17, 2015, 01:14 PM
RE: All my down and outs - by Nightjar - March 31, 2015, 08:17 AM
RE: All my down and outs - by Jaws - April 03, 2015, 08:51 PM
RE: All my down and outs - by Nightjar - April 05, 2015, 12:41 PM
RE: All my down and outs - by Jaws - April 07, 2015, 05:29 PM
RE: All my down and outs - by Nightjar - April 16, 2015, 06:14 PM
RE: All my down and outs - by Jaws - April 20, 2015, 02:07 PM
RE: All my down and outs - by Nightjar - April 22, 2015, 10:28 AM
RE: All my down and outs - by Jaws - April 24, 2015, 11:40 AM
RE: All my down and outs - by Nightjar - April 28, 2015, 09:08 AM