Somewhere in the darkness shines a little light on a blue horizon
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon didn't understand why there were less fairy godfathers than fairy godmothers really, because he'd been raised with a strong female figure in his life -- the Alpha and his guardian, Thistle Cloud -- but he didn't comment on it. He was content just to have the acknowledgement that he would be named fairy godfather of Osprey's children were she to have them.

As they walked, Osprey suggested going for another story. He was growing kind of tired from already telling various stories; it was like Osprey was insatiable when it came to stories. So he began, "Well, there was once this wolf who really liked stories. If it were up to this wolf, she would do nothing but listen to stories all day, hear stories, see stories shown by others... Her whole world revolved around stories." Charon considered a moment how to continue before he did. "One day a friend asked, 'shouldn't you eat something?' but she shook her head and said, 'all I want to do is hear more stories! I heard that the wolves of the water pack have more stories I haven't yet heard!' So instead of eating she went to the water pack. Once there, the wolves of the water pack told her a story she had not yet heard and then they asked her, 'shouldn't you drink before you leave?' but she said, 'no, no, I don't have time for that! I must collect more stories!' and so she was on her way again, searching for more stories. She came to a mountain pack and they told her a story, before asking 'shouldn't you rest before you go?' and she said 'no, I really can't, I might miss a story out there!' and she left again."

Charon paused for a moment while he considered the next step in the story while they neared Stavanger Bay's borders. Then he continued: "At some point, the wolf who loved stories was halfway back to her own pack, hoping they might have some more stories for her. Suddenly she realised how hungry and thirsty she was, and how she had not slept for days. Because she was so tired, she didn't notice there was a poisonous plant with thorns that she tripped over. She hurt herself and as she lay on the ground a wolf came to her side, who had seen her, and said 'you should have this plant so it will drive the poison', but as she faded away from being tired, hungry, thirsty and poisoned the wolf who loved stories turned to the helpful healer wolf and whispered, 'no, please, please just tell me a story.' "

Charon looked at Osprey to see how she liked the story; while he intended to just tell a story about a pesky wolf who just wanted to hear a thousand stories, and teach Osprey that moderation was a thing, Charon realised when he finished he actually quite liked his made-up story.

"We're here," he said, realising suddenly they had reached the borders, which meant it was time for good-bye because Charon needed to stay here to help the pack and pregnant Thistle, and Osprey needed to return home; hopefully safely so.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Somewhere in the darkness shines a little light on a blue horizon - by Charon - April 13, 2015, 10:15 AM