Blacktail Deer Plateau Now, would you mind if I bared my soul?
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
He heard her just before she materialized, like a sneaky wraith. Peregrine stood, placing one paw over the small rabbit, but it was too late; she'd seen it. Defensive anger scrawled angry lines on his dark face and he growled a warning note, not appreciating her tone despite her disclaimer. His irritation was tinged with a healthy dose of embarrassment for getting caught. He'd been so vigilant, yet somehow Luxuria had managed to sneak right up on him.

"Mind your own business, subordinate," he snapped reflexively. After a pause, Peregrine was forced to admit, "I didn't even hear you and you'd better believe I was being vigilant." He swallowed awkwardly. "Was that part of your training as a warrior? Because it would also make for a great Gamekeeper here," he noted, as always hoping to recruit local talent into his fold of hunters.

For the time being, he did not acknowledge the trembling bunny still hidden underneath his paw, though its silent quaking stirred various notions in him. First and foremost, it made him want to squash it to the ground so that it would be still, not because he wanted to keep hiding it but because his predatory impulses wanted to rend the life from it. On the other hand, he imagined it as a puppy and, of course, couldn't bring himself to harm it. He knew that, even when he was through with it, he wouldn't be able to do anything but let it go.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Now, would you mind if I bared my soul? - by Luxuria - February 28, 2014, 08:18 AM
RE: Now, would you mind if I bared my soul? - by Peregrine Redhawk - March 01, 2014, 06:14 PM