Redtail Rise I'm like the Kanye West of humility
95 Posts
Ooc —
Would you care to conclude this for us? I'm gonna remove her after posting. :')

Smash knew exactly why her grandmother, Yucca, had given her children such peculiar names: she had been raped by a coyote by the name of Risk and had named the products of said rape with accordingly traumatic monikers. She couldn't remember all her aunt's and uncle's names off the top of her her head but, aside from Riot and Crash, there was a Mayhem in there too. Yucca had resented her children, which was why she had ended up badly wounding one and killing another...

But Saena didn't need those gory details, nor was Smash the type to linger on bloody family history. No, that wasn't the example Riot had set at all! So she chose to quip, "I think my great, great, great grandfather's name was Ash and then it became a family tradition to give all the kids names ending in '-ash' and, you know, they went through all the Bashes and Cashes and Dashes and started having to double up on consonants and stuff..." She grinned, tongue lolling from her chocolate maw.

It seemed Smash wasn't the only one to come from tragedy, though hers was much more direct. Smash couldn't imagine losing her mother. Her lips pursed, though only for a moment. Saena mentioned a brother named Pura and the brown she-wolf wondered aloud, "Does he live here at the Rise?" She couldn't recall meeting him, though she was still new. "Sorry about your madre, compadre," she added.

"So, tell me some more about your family. Wanna walk?" she injected in the next breath, smiling and motioning for the Alpha to join her. "Don't you have a sister named Junior or something? Talk about weird names!" With that said, Smash liked that a lot. It was so unconventional. If she ever had a daughter, maybe she would call her Smash Jr., or maybe Riot Jr. after her mother.
Messages In This Thread
I'm like the Kanye West of humility - by Smash - May 26, 2015, 10:00 AM
RE: I'm like the Kanye West of humility - by Saēna - May 26, 2015, 07:25 PM
RE: I'm like the Kanye West of humility - by Smash - May 26, 2015, 07:35 PM
RE: I'm like the Kanye West of humility - by Saēna - June 06, 2015, 10:26 PM
RE: I'm like the Kanye West of humility - by Smash - June 07, 2015, 10:24 AM
RE: I'm like the Kanye West of humility - by Saēna - June 23, 2015, 08:25 AM
RE: I'm like the Kanye West of humility - by Smash - June 23, 2015, 09:31 AM
RE: I'm like the Kanye West of humility - by Saēna - June 30, 2015, 09:25 AM
RE: I'm like the Kanye West of humility - by Smash - June 30, 2015, 10:00 AM
RE: I'm like the Kanye West of humility - by Saēna - June 30, 2015, 11:24 AM