Big Salmon Lake You talkin' to me
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Thanks for the thread! :)

Although Wildfire couldn't say she understood his feelings on the matter, his elaboration made logical sense. She understood how things worked hierarchically, even at her young age. It was part instinct, and being the Alphas' offspring filled in any remaining knowledge gaps. Personally, Wildfire did not aspire to rise to the top, which made her even less able to come up with a reason to ever leave the caldera.

FitzDutiful did want to pass a message. Her amber eyes brightened and she listened carefully. Her brows furrowed and Wildfire wanted to ask him a thousand questions. Why did he say were, then are maybe? Why was he apologizing? She wanted to ask but clapped her mouth shut. It was none of her business. It was an Outrider's duty to pass messages, not pry into them.

"I'll tell him," Wildfire promised. "I'll tell him, 'FitzDutiful from Silvertip Mountain says he's sorry for being too hasty in his assumptions. He would like to meet one day and talk.' Does that sound right?" Had she covered everything, all the important details?

But before he could answer her, Dove suddenly appeared at her side. "It's time to go, kiddo." She nipped at Wildfire's ear, presumably as an affectionate gesture, yet her teeth scraped uncomfortably against the pup's skin. She winced and pulled away, then glared at her aunt's back as Dove did a pirouette and began to trot back toward the caldera. "No dawdling!" she called over her shoulder without so much as a backward glance.

"I gotta go. I'll pass on your message. Bye, FitzDutiful," the whelp said, bobbing her head respectfully before spinning and galloping to catch up with Dove, lest her aunt tell her parents she had been disobedient.
Messages In This Thread
You talkin' to me - by Wildfire - June 18, 2015, 10:57 AM
RE: You talkin' to me? - by FitzDutiful - June 22, 2015, 03:15 AM
RE: You talkin' to me? - by Wildfire - June 22, 2015, 08:08 AM
RE: You talkin' to me? - by FitzDutiful - June 24, 2015, 07:55 AM
RE: You talkin' to me? - by Wildfire - June 24, 2015, 10:44 AM
RE: You talkin' to me? - by FitzDutiful - June 28, 2015, 06:18 AM
RE: You talkin' to me? - by Wildfire - June 29, 2015, 01:19 PM
RE: You talkin' to me? - by FitzDutiful - July 01, 2015, 07:20 AM
RE: You talkin' to me? - by Wildfire - July 01, 2015, 09:23 AM
RE: You talkin' to me? - by FitzDutiful - July 01, 2015, 09:58 AM
RE: You talkin' to me? - by Wildfire - July 01, 2015, 10:13 AM