Stavanger Bay reach for the light
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
@Saskia feel free to pop in at any time! :)

Atreyu was first to limp into view, and the three-legged wolf was a sight for sore eyes. Even though he was part of what made the pack weaker right now (Charon had no idea if in time he'd be able to move as fast as a normal wolf, or if he'd always be slower in the hunt), there were no words to describe how much Charon appreciated Atreyu's loyalty to Stavanger Bay. Even after losing his leg to protect its pups Atreyu had returned, and a smile danced on Charon's face as he thought about how happy he was to have Atreyu here for this new beginning. Atreyu demanded to know what had happened, but before Charon could respond to that, Thistle came into view.

For the first time, really, Charon wondered what she would think of their idea. Would she like it? Would she hate it? Would she... veto it? He couldn't imagine the last bit. Thistle'd want what was best for the pack too, even if it would mean taking a step back. And maybe taking a step back would mean she could appreciate pack life more. His heart was filled with love for his guardian and adoptive mother, but he felt that it was time for him to take over the Alpha stick now.

Even though Saskia wasn't here -- he really wanted her to be there, too -- and much to his dismay, his brother, his rock through his entire life, one of few consistent things as he grew up, Levi, wasn't there either. Neither were Aesop, Kaylan or Ragna. Were they gone altogether, or just running late..? Hopefully they would join him later. "I was just exploring along the mountain ridge south of Horizon Ridge when I ran into Blacktail Deer Plateau's Alpha. I was angry that he didn't do anything to find Osprey back, and he attacked me when I told him that. So we fought." Charon sounded cool as he said this, not letting anyone see if he had emotions in regards to this all, even though he had plenty. His pride had been smashed, but he decided to tell the story without Dante as victor. It was easier that way. "I was close to the Sunspire and found refuge there with Amekaze, who helped me rest and get healthy enough for the trip back."

An apology for worrying them dancing upon his tongue, but Charon didn't let it out. Saying sorry wasn't exactly his strong suit. "The Sunspire is small too, and Amekaze is a great wolf. We decided that it's best for the survival of both our packs to merge together and form one pack, somewhere new. We need to think of winter's approach and go somewhere healthy, with plenty of food, and enough wolves. The Bay needs time to heal... And it's taking longer than I thought it would, so it's time to move on." He was perhaps a Naturalist, but he was also a yearling -- in his view, things grew really fast, but as time had progressed and the Bay's eastern half was still a mess of open tidepools, and the patches in the forest -- such as the one they sat upon now -- that had been burned remained burned. Rebuilding the Bay would take time. He wanted something new, something healthy.

He looked at Thistle Cloud particularly, wondering what she would think of his idea. He had not even considered her rejecting the plan before now. She knew that she could no longer be Alpha if they went through with this plan. Charon had decided this for her when he stood in front of Amekaze, figuring she'd go through with the plan, but what if she didn't?
Messages In This Thread
reach for the light - by Charon - September 17, 2015, 02:54 PM
RE: reach for the light - by Floki - September 17, 2015, 07:44 PM
RE: reach for the light - by RIP Atreyu - September 18, 2015, 07:08 AM
RE: reach for the light - by Thistle Cloud - September 19, 2015, 09:51 AM
RE: reach for the light - by Charon - September 21, 2015, 02:19 AM
RE: reach for the light - by Thistle Cloud - September 21, 2015, 08:02 AM
RE: reach for the light - by Floki - September 21, 2015, 09:37 AM
RE: reach for the light - by RIP Atreyu - September 22, 2015, 12:24 AM
RE: reach for the light - by Charon - September 25, 2015, 02:01 AM
RE: reach for the light - by Thistle Cloud - September 27, 2015, 08:49 AM
RE: reach for the light - by Floki - September 27, 2015, 11:54 AM