Lone Star Mountain belonging to the night
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Though their heights and builds were practically polar opposites, she could not bring himself to fear him, nor look upon him as a threat. Frostrar and Jolon—both of whom were quite large—had posed no threats that might make her wary of those bigger than herself; and even if they had, for her to fear anything was out of the question. The chaotic emotion that was fear had been evicted from her entire essence within her first few weeks of life, for she'd been taught to not let the unknown control her. To do so would be to give the dragon deity complete control, and that was, without a doubt, out of the question. While Draco was revered and looked to for guidance in times of dire need, for him to take control of his vessel and walk the earth freely would be disastrous. It was for that reason that she'd been brought up surrounded by knowledge, and had been deprived of the ability to experience true fear.

"You may never know that to be true if you do not at least attempt it," she countered, but her voice remained soft and a smile had touched her lips. Though he towered over her, she could not feel intimidated by his presence. In her mind, if he'd meant to cause her any harm he would have taken action already—but he hadn't. He simply stood there, stoic, carrying on a conversation with her. As far as she was concerned, there was no reason to fear him, even if she were capable of such. "You seem quite in control from where I am standing," the girl said. "How you were raised, you can break away from that image someone else gave to you." No matter his upbringing, he was alive and well. He was a strong male, as could be noted simply by looking at him, and could easily push past the teachings of his childhood if that was what he wished to do.

"I will not ask that you submit to me." Never had she asked it of the others, and it was unlikely that she ever would. In her eyes, a leader should not demand their followers to display such belittling poses. A leader's duty is to provide guidance to those who had given them their loyalty, not force them to complete some petty acts just to feel as if they are most important. Without the followers, their would be no leader; those in charge should feel grateful towards their companions. "All I ask for is that loyalty be given, or, at the very least, a promise to work towards building a bond of trust. I would never ask for those of my tribe to bow their heads to me, nor would I demand that they throw their lives away for me. As a tribe, we would be family, and within a family there are only equals." Such was the way she'd been raised, and such would be the way she'd watch over her home. "And I thank you for your compliment," she began. "But you may call me Asterr." While her expression showed that she wished to learn of his name, she would not force it out of him if he did not wish to share it.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
belonging to the night - by Noctura - January 19, 2016, 10:16 AM
RE: belonging to the night - by Asterr - January 19, 2016, 11:02 AM
RE: belonging to the night - by Noctura - January 19, 2016, 11:50 AM
RE: belonging to the night - by Asterr - January 19, 2016, 01:18 PM
RE: belonging to the night - by Noctura - January 19, 2016, 03:27 PM
RE: belonging to the night - by Asterr - January 19, 2016, 04:03 PM
RE: belonging to the night - by Noctura - January 20, 2016, 04:38 AM
RE: belonging to the night - by Asterr - January 20, 2016, 10:13 AM