Duskfire Glacier I am the bold, that fortune favors
kingslayer
117 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
It was the white that caught her eye from Nova Peak. Snow.

Sangilak would head here to immerse herself in the cold realm tucked away from Spring, which had come but which she sought to avoid. Most wolves were eager for the upcoming season. Spring meant more warmth, and it led into the bountiful season of Summer. But for the behemoth, Spring meant the need for downtime. Each wolf within her gene pool were fortunate to be bestowed with thick furs perfect for the place they were born within. But the world here was warmer. Not yet unbearable... but it could become that way. Tonravik had never spoken of this place, and so Sangilak was eager to find it for herself.

Night had fallen but two hours ago, and the sky settled into its deep, dark blue for the night. Sangilak had climbed over Duskfire's peaks to arrive upon an icefield covered in snow. It was thick and supportive of her weight... and judging by the tracks she scouted, the weight of other hefty, cloven-footed, mammals too. Nudging aside snow with her thick snout Sangilak judged where she stood and saw that nothing risked breaking, here. The land was bumpy and proved good purchase with the present temperatures, but as the days warm they might grow more slick and thus difficult to traverse. Still... for now, things kept in her favor. And up ahead Sangilak noted movement... ravens. The scavengers would lead her to her next meal.

So it was toward them she headed. The scent of meat drifted toward her nose on the wind, and one ear turned backward to listen to her surroundings. Thus far all she heard was the dull crunch of her footfalls, but she was alert and observant as she neared the carcass. When she arrived to it, not much was left... but enough to give her sustenance. Possessively she draped a paw over it, and the ravens gave her berth. First she sniffed at it to sense the age, not desiring to get sick from rot, and then nosed it to check and see if the thing was laced with poisons. Once satisfied that neither was the case, she began to eat. Still she remained alert, her ears perked atop her head and her eyes warily looking around. Intermittently she would pause between bites to look 'round and survey her surroundings.
Messages In This Thread
I am the bold, that fortune favors - by Sangilak - March 15, 2016, 12:18 PM
RE: I am the bold, that fortune favors - by Ditty - March 16, 2016, 10:46 AM
RE: I am the bold, that fortune favors - by Sangilak - March 16, 2016, 04:53 PM
RE: I am the bold, that fortune favors - by Ditty - March 17, 2016, 01:51 AM