Sunset Valley i remember those soldier boys tripping over themselves to win our praise
103 Posts
Ooc —
Thinking she is free to roam, she is surprised when he cuts her off. His bounding steps are loud and garish behind her, and she is swiftly overtaken by Gavriel's imposing figure. Even as a potential heda she is small, far more compact than himself. Seregryn stiffens on his approach, standing tall as he begins to speak. Of course, he is right — but the girl sees him as a lesser being, having been trained well in the ways of their people. Seregryn is briefly offended that he would dare raise his voice against her, but - he is right.

Still, Seregryn does not give in so easily. Her understanding of the world has been skewed by many tutors; she sees no threat in the world around her. If anyone is in danger, it is you. She is an impetuous child, her tongue eager to lash at him. Yet she resists, knowing that there is safety in numbers and as an outsider in this place, she is indeed at the mercy of outsiders. Raise your voice to me again and I will feed you your own tongue. The fur along her spine bristles, and her tail waves a little higher than the height of her hips, but then she looks away — petulant, yes, but also accepting of his terms.