Sunbeam Lair the calm on my face, does not match the inside.
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
New posting order would be: Jolon > Avannon > Asterr ^^

The stranger had lowered herself further, it seemed, but no comments were made on her position. It was strange to her, still, when others displayed such extravagant acts of submission, but she was slowly growing accustomed to it. It wasn't often that others were so... insistent on noting that they were lesser than those in tribes or packs, but Asterr had started to let it go. Some minds had been set to view the world as having an universal hierarchy, just as her own mind had been set to value peace over war. One's upbringing had a strong impact on their adult lives, she knew, and so the girl tried her best not to correct them. She did, however, silently note how the other female could rise back up to her feet, rather than continuing to splay herself across the earth. In the meantime, what she had to say was listened to and considered fully, noting the positives she had to offer them. Yet the decision would have to lack emotional influences, for times were truly tough, and the best interest of the tribe needed put ahead of individuals.

Still, the yearling did not speak, looking instead to Jolon just as the question flew from his mouth. Following that was the very gesture that had truly started their journey together, and so she'd returned it with the exact level of gentleness as she'd used way back when. It did bring back memories, as well as reassured her the he was there to stay with them—not that she actually needed any reassuring, of course, for his loyalties had proven long ago to lie only with the tribe and no other groupings. She could appreciate his devotion, especially when considering all that they had gone through together. She could only hope that new recruits could display the same sort of behavior as those that had come before them, and so again it was to the outsider that the dragoness looked, awaiting her reply to the man's question. Once the name came, however, it did not travel along. Following it came more of her skills, to which Asterr listened, yes, but considered only a few.

As the words stopped flowing, the chieftess knew it to be her turn to speak, and so speak she did. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Avannon. My name is Asterr Draconid, and I am aware that you have already met my companion, Jolon," the girl began, motioning to the wolf at her side as she referred to him, but otherwise remaining focused on the outsider. "Loyalty is a highly valued and respected trait to possess within our home here, as is peace. While I can appreciate your skills in battle, know now that we very well may never demand them as being necessary." Despite this, some of the members were still quite large—muscular and equipped for battle, should they ever be drawn into one—and so the other would not be persecuted for her size. It was often something that could not be helped, after all. "As you have previously noted, these days are not wonderful ones for us. Prey is scarce, and so everyone is expected to pull their weight. Due to this, I must ask if you are capable of catching fish, as well as tracking smaller prey as a whole?" One or the other would be fine, as would it be if she could catch only rabbits and species of similar standings but not track them. Still, Asterr considered the question to be an important one, for the knowledge of everyone's skills would assist her in giving them appropriate tasks.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
RE: the calm on my face, does not match the inside. - by Asterr - May 24, 2016, 05:20 PM