Sleeping Dragon i could feel it from the start, couldn't stand to be apart
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
She was not unaccustomed to the invasiveness of healers; it was their trade to be so, else they'd not find the ailments of their patients and would be unable to treat them. And so Magpie endured his attentions with a grim set of her jaw, inhaling sharply as he neared the tender wound on her hind leg, then loosing a whimper despite herself as he prodded her ribs. Though she peeled her lips back and growled in a low complaint, the fleimkepa made no aggressive movements toward him— he did as he must.

"I didn't think to ask," she said, again with her previous dry humor. It didn't seem important to mention that there had been two other wolves with her; the story didn't seem to matter as much to the fellow as her wounds did. She looked back at him easily, perhaps even sternly. It was she that was the dominant wolf here, though he didn't know it, but she didn't bother correcting the boldness of his gaze. "Do what you need to," she commanded. If that meant she'd be slain and eaten due to incurable infection, so be it.

She fell silent at his next question, one that startled her, and she nearly turned away to hobble back to her den. But she wouldn't be able to escape him, and it was refreshing to have someone new and unattached to talk to. "Are you able to cure ailments of the mind?" Magpie queried, only partially joking. "Make the uncertain certain? I feel like an alien in my own skin." She didn't elaborate.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread