Moonspear the dragon's back rent asunder
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Amekaze mentioned a middle name and said that her siblings had been named for weather-related events. Charon instantly wondered, "What's your middle name, then?" Amekaze returned the question, and though he had asked Ame about it, Charon hadn't thought much about it himself. Or rather, he didn't remember his family having any naming conventions and he wasn't really sure what sort of names he preferred for his children.

"I don't think that my family has any naming conventions. I guess I like the idea of middle names, but maybe they should be given later, as a sort of reference to the child's personality?" Charon was't even really sure where his own name came, but he had dubbed himself "Starchaser" at some point in his childish games of play. Maybe it would've been nice if that had been his middle name, given to him by his parents, because of his interest in the stars.

As an afterthought Charon said, "I guess referencing to my family might also be nice. My mom's name was Julooke, and she gave her life to protect my brother when we were little. Maybe, uhm... Julius, or something." Not that he was intending to name his unborn children already. But maybe a little. Thinkin about it was nice, somehow; it was a reminder that they would not always be in this dreary situation, and that all their work was for something, for the future. "I mostly know normal names..." He looked at Amekaze, silently conveying that her name wasn't normal and he wasn't sure if she wanted to honour her family in any way by using names from... wherever her name was from.
Messages In This Thread
the dragon's back rent asunder - by Amekaze - May 10, 2016, 08:48 PM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Charon - May 20, 2016, 03:42 PM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Amekaze - May 24, 2016, 02:00 AM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Charon - May 24, 2016, 03:37 AM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Amekaze - May 24, 2016, 01:42 PM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Charon - May 29, 2016, 04:11 AM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Amekaze - May 30, 2016, 04:44 AM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Charon - June 01, 2016, 02:06 AM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Amekaze - June 02, 2016, 01:26 AM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Charon - June 03, 2016, 02:18 PM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Amekaze - June 06, 2016, 01:37 AM