Hushed Willows would you still love me the same.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Warbone had apparently never spoken to this female of his offer to her family. The comment further convinced her that this woman must have had some significant relationship with him, which turned out to be an accurate assessment moments later when she explained that she had in fact been alpha at his side. Harlyn's heart clenched nervously. This Octavia had not known of this arrangement, and now Warbone was no longer here to vouch for them. She really was at the mercy of fate now, and fate had been her worst enemy as of late.

"I saw him perhaps a month ago," Harlyn admitted, stilling as the woman came closer to inspect her. She debated explaining more about why it had taken her so long to arrive at their doorstep; how they had needed time to decide if they were going to remain here in the Wilds or try to find greener pasture, how Mordecai had disappeared and she'd waited for him. Had she paid more attention, she would have considered that they seemed to be in similar states. Both mothers with young to care for, their main providers vanished. They were kindred spirits it seemed.

But Harlyn's focus was elsewhere. "I am a healer," the druid responded, "I've been practicing the art since I was a child at my grandmother's side. I know much of caring for wounds, medicinal plants, and of remedies for other ailments and illnesses." Harlyn paused for a moment to think of her other wolves. "I have two other adults with me. One is an accomplished warrior, and the other is a gentle, caring soul that has been a wonderful caregiver to my children."

It was then that Harlyn's demeanor changed somewhat and emotion seeped into the fringes of her tone in spite of her attempts to keep it at bay. "I have three, nearly five months old. Two boys and a girl." She could have gone on, about how scared and exhausted they were from having been so abruptly removed from the comfort of the only life they'd ever known. How their mother had failed to keep them safe and happy. How their father had disappeared on them and broken their hearts. Harlyn swallowed hard and was quiet.
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
Messages In This Thread
would you still love me the same. - by Harlyn - June 03, 2016, 07:50 AM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by RIP Tavi - June 03, 2016, 01:20 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by Harlyn - June 03, 2016, 04:56 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by RIP Tavi - June 03, 2016, 11:43 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by Harlyn - June 04, 2016, 08:19 AM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by RIP Tavi - June 04, 2016, 01:14 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by Harlyn - June 04, 2016, 02:05 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by RIP Tavi - June 04, 2016, 02:44 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by Harlyn - June 04, 2016, 03:48 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by RIP Tavi - June 04, 2016, 03:55 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by Stark - June 05, 2016, 09:53 PM