Silvertip Mountain and where it is for one, mightn't be where it is for another
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day chuckled, faintly amused by the outcome he'd already forseen. He hadn't expect her to get it on her first try; he hadn't, even as a heedless youth. Stretching out a paw and rolling the prickly creature toward him, he wedged his bottom jaw into the crease between hindquarters and head and bit down with light, experimental pressure on the back of the creature's stiff-spined neck. The spines were poking at his chin and the roof of his mouth - there would be blood, but not much. Not enough to stop him when he was hungry, and he hoped the same would go for Adeline. He did not know that she'd already learned a hard lesson about what it meant to be hungry, and the lengths a wolf would go to sait such needs.

Either way, breaking a hedgehog was an important lesson. They were slow and easy to catch, even if it was something of a pain to get to the meat inside. It was not a task that required much energy - just a bit of resolve.

Soon enough, he found the sweet spot, and bit down with two shark snaps. The little body went slack, though it did not unroll entirely. She nosed it apart and nudged it toward the youngster. The creature was not yet dead, but would soon be, and was unable to protect itself now either way.

"The spines are tough, but a meal is a meal," he said to her. "Although, I did bring it more as a toy than a snack." He'd imagined it would take her a few hours of toil before she actually found a way to eat it, but since she wasn't feeling well, he'd been willing to show her the secret; that a little blood was necessary, sometimes. Although - "You know, when I met Niita, she was hunting one of these. She found a big rock and pushed it over - smashed it just like that. I guess that would be the best way to go about it; but you're not always going to have a rock."
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
RE: and where it is for one, mightn't be where it is for another - by Grayday Sr. - September 09, 2016, 10:00 PM