Sleeping Dragon You are the spade I used to dig this hole
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Portia insisted that she was all right with it and that there was nothing Wildfire needed to thank her for. The Bandrona decided against arguing her point. As Dio's prospective partner, the yearling knew it must be difficult for her knowing he would be intimate with another female, no matter the nature of said union. Wildfire really respected Portia's cool-headed take on the whole arrangement. She sort of wanted to hug the other woman, though she also wanted to respect Portia's insistence on treating it as very low-key.

She licked her lips when Portia explained her stance on children. Her head canted, wondering if this also meant she didn't really want to tie the knot with Dio, either. Perhaps that was why she was seemingly unconcerned about the entire arrangement. That kind of made Wildfire feel a little better. Besides, shouldn't she be happy that Portia wasn't interested in procreating? That meant less competition for her own pups and the resources required to raise them.

"I get you," she said amiably. She paused, wondering if these next words out of her mouth would be extremely awkward but decided to spit them out anyway. "I hope you'll be involved with mine and Thur's pups, as a mentor if nothing else. It would be neat if one of them grew up to be a medic. I've always had a lot of respect for the field," Wildfire said earnestly, peering down at the seeds. "Ever since I was a kid and I followed my sister around while she gathered herbs and stuff.

Anyway,"
she said in the next breath, glancing down at her thigh where Portia had presumably smeared the oak leaf paste on the wound, "I'm very grateful you've spent your time and talent on me. You might be the only reason my leg doesn't fall off," she quipped.
Messages In This Thread
You are the spade I used to dig this hole - by Wildfire - November 28, 2016, 02:46 PM
RE: You are the spade I used to dig this hole - by Portia - November 28, 2016, 02:59 PM
RE: You are the spade I used to dig this hole - by Wildfire - November 28, 2016, 03:08 PM
RE: You are the spade I used to dig this hole - by Portia - November 28, 2016, 03:17 PM
RE: You are the spade I used to dig this hole - by Wildfire - November 28, 2016, 03:26 PM
RE: You are the spade I used to dig this hole - by Portia - November 28, 2016, 03:56 PM
RE: You are the spade I used to dig this hole - by Wildfire - November 28, 2016, 04:03 PM
RE: You are the spade I used to dig this hole - by Portia - November 28, 2016, 04:14 PM
RE: You are the spade I used to dig this hole - by Wildfire - November 28, 2016, 04:21 PM
RE: You are the spade I used to dig this hole - by Portia - November 28, 2016, 04:48 PM
RE: You are the spade I used to dig this hole - by Wildfire - November 28, 2016, 05:41 PM
RE: You are the spade I used to dig this hole - by Portia - November 28, 2016, 05:57 PM
RE: You are the spade I used to dig this hole - by Wildfire - November 28, 2016, 06:36 PM
RE: You are the spade I used to dig this hole - by Portia - November 28, 2016, 07:39 PM
RE: You are the spade I used to dig this hole - by Wildfire - November 28, 2016, 07:57 PM
RE: You are the spade I used to dig this hole - by Portia - November 28, 2016, 10:47 PM
RE: You are the spade I used to dig this hole - by Wildfire - November 29, 2016, 06:25 PM
RE: You are the spade I used to dig this hole - by Portia - November 30, 2016, 01:12 AM
RE: You are the spade I used to dig this hole - by Wildfire - November 30, 2016, 01:46 AM
RE: You are the spade I used to dig this hole - by Portia - November 30, 2016, 12:53 PM