From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun)
<small><i>avatar by lieu</i></small>
67 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
this used to be my playground
this used to be my childhood dream
this used to be the place i ran to
whenever i was in need
of a friend
[size=3]why did it have to end[/size]

He was grateful that she allowed him to see her in the only way he was able, grateful that she allowed him into her personal space to touch her all over and take in her scent, to memorize every inch of her. This was something he hadn’t done with anyone in quite a long time now, choosing to stay out of the personal space of others. As a younger boy, he had charged in, not really giving another a chance to object before he was touching their face with his nose and paws. But it was different this time. A lot different. He had not only asked, but he hadn’t gone over her with the same reckless abandon that he did others as a boy.

He was not at all offended by the small laugh that came from her when he asked her about the color of her eyes and the color of her fur. Though he had never actually seen colors, he had a better understanding of them than many others actually realized. Perhaps it was because he had never actually seen colors, or anything else, that he seemed to have a deeper respect for things. He was silent as she answered his questions, giving descriptions in ways that he hadn’t heard before and worked on imagining them in his mind. He mulled around her answers for a moment in silence.

“I was told that snow doesn’t really have a color, that white isn’t really a color,” he finally responded, tilting his head just a little. “But when added with other colors, it can change how a color looks. Yes? My eyes, I have been told, have no color. Sometimes I try to hide them from strangers because I don’t want to be judged without them knowing me first, but it doesn’t always work.” Now he felt like he was rambling and stopped. A moment of awkwardness washed over him but was gone the moment he thought of something else to share with her that hadn’t been on the day he was accepted with the rest of the group into her pack.

“I can hunt…” he told her, pushing his ears forward. “Not in a pack hunt or anything large, but I can hunt. My father was teaching me before he…” Yildun trailed off for a moment, turning his head to “stare” off into the distance. “Before his mind got sick and he could barely remember who I was.” He took a deep breath and let it out slowly, working on getting his pent up emotions back into check. “I have been learning the territory, learning every inch of it. I would like to hunt for you sometime… after I’m sure that I know the land forward and backward…”

Messages In This Thread
From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - August 19, 2013, 08:27 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - August 29, 2013, 10:34 AM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - August 29, 2013, 01:50 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - August 31, 2013, 02:31 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 02, 2013, 12:15 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 06, 2013, 11:41 AM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 08, 2013, 04:08 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 08, 2013, 05:07 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 12, 2013, 03:03 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 12, 2013, 08:08 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 12, 2013, 08:35 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 12, 2013, 09:10 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 13, 2013, 08:08 AM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 13, 2013, 09:17 AM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 13, 2013, 09:35 AM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 13, 2013, 10:27 AM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 13, 2013, 10:37 AM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 13, 2013, 10:49 AM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 13, 2013, 12:41 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 13, 2013, 04:05 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 13, 2013, 07:51 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 13, 2013, 08:07 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 13, 2013, 09:11 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 13, 2013, 10:03 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 14, 2013, 07:53 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 16, 2013, 08:39 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 17, 2013, 09:50 AM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 17, 2013, 02:25 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Koontz - September 17, 2013, 02:38 PM
RE: From the corner of his eye (ATTN: Yildun) - by Yildun - September 17, 2013, 05:49 PM