Starting over (Joining)
6 Posts
Ooc — Ren
He said all the things she hoped he would, about loyalty family and his pack. Actually Neverwinter sounded very similar to the Rebels way of life she grew up in, right down to the consequences, but with a little more freedom. Bishop smiled and nodded, speaking with confidence. "That sounds like a perfect fit to me, Alpha Styx. Not too different from the way I was raised."
She laughed then, almost delightedly, as Styx brought up the children. Bishop had wondered if he would pick up on them or not, though regardless she would have mentioned the boys. A smile formed as the black wolf nodded, "Yes, I think you might be trustworthy enough to meet them now." Without pause the females head turned back over her shoulders, followed by a short sequence of yaps. The boys knew her calls well; time spent in the wilds clipped her tongue.
Almost instantly Jean-Luc burst through the cover with his ears slicked back and a wide grin spread on his muzzle. The albino was nearly galloping with his excitement, for a moment overshadowing the much younger of the pair. Ipiktok's pace was a slow trot behind his friend. The sandy pup had his ears up and wore an alert expression, but even at just 4 months the boy had a wonderful poker face. Despite the difference in their pace they seemed to arrive together, standing beside Bishop in height order.
With the children gathered - and after planting a kiss on JL's head - she spoke to them. "Boys this is Styx. He is the alpha of Neverwinter." They didn't need much more than that. Bishop and her mate raised her boys well enough to understand what the rank meant for their conduct, and how delicate initiations can be. Well the latter she mostly told them on the way.
The colorless pup, just pushing past six months and looking like a gangly teenager, spoke up first. His volume didn't exactly mirror his earlier enthusiasm, but perhaps more peculiar is the way his words dripped and plucked from his lips with a dash of French. A strong contrast to his mother's Germanic accent. "Hello Alpha, my name is Jean-Luc Vielen. I'm two seasons old and I like to help and stuff." Behind him an excited tail wagged back and forth taking a wide sweep. The rest of him was still and calm, with relaxed ears and eyes that rested just south of Styx's own. Ipiktok was a bit of a different story though.
The timber colored pup looked up at Styx in a similar manner to Jean-Luc, keeping within the boundaries of his position as an outsider and a puppy. The boy's father was very careful to instill in his son great understanding of hierarchy and rank and what it all meant. "I am Ipiktok." Even his voice was distinct from the others, raw, almost primitive despite the 'squeak' of puppy-hood. "From the Tartok family. I'm a little older than one season and I'd like to help out too, but when I am older I have to find my family and join them." Then Bishop moved to his side, cutting between the boys to make sure things were clear about this little pup.
"His father was a member of the Tartok pack, and a personal friend. They live by the old ways, and I am his guardian until he can be reunited with others of his family, if we find them." There was always the chance that Tartok wolves had not settled here, or that they were farther inland than the Northern wolves would like, but Bishop didn't want to dampen his spirits. She also wanted to keep them in perspective though.
Introductions completed, Bishop turned her gaze back to Styx to patiently await his verdict on the matter. Knowing ahead of time that one of the offspring may be a dispersal wolf did them no favors, but the dark wolf was not in the habit of keeping secrets. She would rather be honest and have to find a new home now than cross the bridge later. Hopefully though, Styx could find value in Bishop and her son enough to overlook that small shortcoming. Time would tell.

"Bishop"
"Jean-Luc"
"Ipiktok"

Messages In This Thread
Starting over (Joining) - by Bishop - September 06, 2013, 03:04 PM
RE: Starting over (Joining) - by Styx - September 06, 2013, 07:52 PM
RE: Starting over (Joining) - by Bishop - September 06, 2013, 09:09 PM
RE: Starting over (Joining) - by Styx - September 10, 2013, 12:33 AM
RE: Starting over (Joining) - by Bishop - September 10, 2013, 07:29 AM
RE: Starting over (Joining) - by Styx - September 12, 2013, 12:12 AM
RE: Starting over (Joining) - by Bishop - September 17, 2013, 12:54 PM
RE: Starting over (Joining) - by Styx - September 22, 2013, 02:07 AM