Hushed Willows black in the magic, beauty in the tragic
Morningside
Sentinel
1,324 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
aditya rolled his head back as she danced, unable to look at her. her plea floated toward him, sweet and sultry on the air, and he let out a breathy moan, eyes clenched shut. her scent was overpowering--so warm--he must--seize it, and--

"no," adi said firmly, eyes snapping open to bore into hers. he shook his head. "no," he repeated, his lips very carefully enunciating the word, as if it were some sort of sacred mantra. well, and it was--no no no no no no no echoed through his mind, seemingly the only thing stopping him from rising up--and--taking--

"this song is not for you," he said, then shook his head once more, regretting his words instantly. "i mean, it shouldn't be for you. it can't be for you." and perhaps she would understand, and perhaps not. how was he to know her definition of love? where the lines between friendship and romance blended, for her? she'd never reacted poorly to any of his advances, and yet. . .

and yet, the collared pale beast at the hunter's moon had gazed upon her like she was his own, and she had given him the same looks. they belonged to each other. and he remembered the way dawn had reacted, so unsure, and he would die for such surety----

"i love you, coelacanth," aditya said suddenly. his words rang in the clearing, heavy with finality. he hung his head--it was done. "i love you." and awaited her response.
Messages In This Thread
RE: black in the magic, beauty in the tragic - by Aditya - May 04, 2018, 11:33 PM