Hushed Willows I wish I understood.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador

She isn't outside very long before the cold starts to eat away at her, but before she gets to her feet and heads back inside—or even thinks to do so—a familiar body plops down next to her. Ibis doesn't need to look to know its her brother, but she feels a little guilty that she woke him. It didn't occur to her that Okeanos would be suffering in his own way; she was a very selfish little girl, but that came with the territory. Most children weren't aware of their feelings or how to deal with them and for Ibis, she was a bundle of overwhelming sensations that took immense energy to contain, let alone sort out. 

When Okee speaks, she doesn't. Instead she leans in to him and his warmth, deciding to be comforted by his presence rather than taking a stance against it. His words are innocuous enough, but she rallies her own voice and counters with, Wonner if daddy can see— but she feels her throat tighten quickly, and goes quiet. No, she won't talk about daddy.

She plunks her little chin on Okeanos' shoulder, and lets out a sigh that suited someone much older and world-weary. Do you think this is home? Or... Or will mommy make us go away again.
Messages In This Thread
I wish I understood. - by Ibis (Ghost) - October 17, 2018, 07:35 PM
RE: I wish I understood. - by Okeanos - October 17, 2018, 09:12 PM
RE: I wish I understood. - by Ibis (Ghost) - October 18, 2018, 05:12 PM
RE: I wish I understood. - by Okeanos - November 05, 2018, 03:46 PM
RE: I wish I understood. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 07, 2018, 01:17 AM
RE: I wish I understood. - by Okeanos - November 10, 2018, 10:16 PM
RE: I wish I understood. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 11, 2018, 05:36 PM