Guidebook expansion?
all creation myths need a devil
445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
When editing your profile, there are these sort of references above the Species and Appearance fields that say something to the effect of "check the Guidebook for permissible species/appearances" and then, looking at the Guidebook, I can't really find any of this information besides a short blurb reminding joiners to use "semi-realistic" appearances. Nothing wrong with this in of itself, as it hasn't seemed to bother anyone or affect a new joiner's ability to join - and I actually kinda like being able to get away with just putting "Wolf" down as my character's subspecies - but I just think it would be nice, for our more thorough-minded people, to have a simple onsite reference for the actual permissible wolf breeds and appearances, even if it's just a paragraph linking you to dawnthieves for a reference of basic wolf appearances.

And speaking of linking people to some basic information, I understand this is a semi-realistic site, but I think it also wouldn't hurt to provide a link to some general information about wolves, for those who might not feel inclined to do any extraneous digging, and for those who may have some slight misconceptions about wolf facts and behaviors. For example, I think it gets overlooked that wolves, when dispersing from their natal packs, tend to do so during the winter, and that living through these months (unless it's a hard BWP winter) aren't often that difficult to survive.

Something as simple as having a link around here to The International Wolf Center would be a great help towards getting everyone standing on a more accurate foundation for each wolf's behavior. If needed, I'm sure volunteers like myself would be willing to throw something together.
Messages In This Thread
Guidebook expansion? - by Stigmata - November 22, 2018, 01:06 PM
RE: Guidebook expansion? - by Seabreeze - November 22, 2018, 01:08 PM
RE: Guidebook expansion? - by Rosencrantz - November 22, 2018, 01:13 PM
RE: Guidebook expansion? - by Indra - November 23, 2018, 02:23 PM
RE: Guidebook expansion? - by Stigmata - November 23, 2018, 03:09 PM
RE: Guidebook expansion? - by Rosalyn - November 23, 2018, 03:57 PM
RE: Guidebook expansion? - by Tux - November 25, 2018, 05:26 PM