Greatwater Lake Let my heart be your shelter
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
The woman declined Rue's offer to share the catch, but she welcomed the opportunity to converse. Rue's tail waved amicably. She wouldn't push the stranger to eat if she was uncomfortable with the offer in some way, but Rue left the rabbit in the snow between them just in case she changed her mind. Rue supposed she could understand the woman's inclination to avoid being beholden to strangers. 

"I'm sorry to hear this of Blackfeather Woods," Rue expressed, her brow furrowing in an expression of true empathy. "I also lost my home in Blacktail Deer Plateau recently. It still feels like.. like a giant hole has been carved out of my heart." The edges of Rue's mouth tightened against the stab of pain she always felt when speaking of her former home. Although... she had noticed that each time she shared a little of her pain-- even with a stranger-- the stab was not quite so sharp the next time around. 

The woman seemed nervous about Rue's reaction to hearing that she had been a Blackfeather wolf. "I've heard the whispers," Rue allowed truthfully, "But I prefer to make my own judgements." Rue reassured the woman with a small, friendly nod. Even if there was truth in the rumors about the dark practices that took place in Blackfeather Woods, this woman would not be judged overmuch for the associations of her past. Life was too short for that, especially when so many wolves were just simply trying to move forward.
Messages In This Thread
Let my heart be your shelter - by Flicker - February 01, 2019, 05:18 PM
RE: Let my heart be your shelter - by Ruenna - February 02, 2019, 10:27 AM
RE: Let my heart be your shelter - by Flicker - February 03, 2019, 08:02 AM
RE: Let my heart be your shelter - by Ruenna - February 03, 2019, 10:58 AM
RE: Let my heart be your shelter - by Flicker - February 04, 2019, 11:45 AM
RE: Let my heart be your shelter - by Ruenna - February 05, 2019, 10:23 AM
RE: Let my heart be your shelter - by Flicker - February 05, 2019, 12:16 PM
RE: Let my heart be your shelter - by Ruenna - February 05, 2019, 02:49 PM
RE: Let my heart be your shelter - by Flicker - February 05, 2019, 03:09 PM
RE: Let my heart be your shelter - by Ruenna - February 05, 2019, 06:09 PM
RE: Let my heart be your shelter - by Flicker - February 06, 2019, 02:25 PM