Arrow Lake — tied knots in the laces of my worried shoes,
21 Posts
Ooc — Skye

☼ ☼ ☼

Before the dwindling call could properly vacate itself from her throat, the dove picked up on the juvenile rebuttal of what could only have been a recently birthed whelp as they reached out in return. Such rusty notes, so glorious indeed! The smile that bestrewed the girl's features was so undeniably delightful — oh what a tender spot she had for new sprung bairns, so exquisitely new and youthful in their innocence. Only once she heard the howl of the matriarch, followed by a dusting of laughter, did the fae feel truly reassured, noting her call being a far cry from the tone her speech had inhabited before on that fateful day in the lair.

The dove loosened her guarded stance ever the more once she caught scent of Aure approaching — which soon turned to the sight of her — as the femme carried herself down the treacherous path before her with languid, practiced ease. Once fast approached, her new-formed friend trilled happily, a bumbling of words in a language she didn't understand, but which were soon followed by words she definitely knew. This nymph was just so interesting, and the girl was struggling to put a paw on why she had come to this conclusion — but regardless of failed self-convincing, the dove couldn't stop herself from feeling helplessly flustered and borderline intimidated by this wonderful female. She had a bold presence that Goose couldn't quite wrap her head around. Oh me oh my.

"Ah, yes, quite," A soft voice uttered in response, doe eyes looking back towards her hindquarters in quiet reassurance in regards to their previous incident, "Everything seems to be fine."

"I came..." Why did she visit? "...to make sure you were doing well. I mean, considering you're a mother, and everything involved. I guess I couldn't shake the day from my mind... I suppose maybe I'm worrying too much." She fumbled, eyes finding themselves on the grass in front of her as a bout of self consciousness appeared to overwhelm her.

☼ ☼ ☼

Messages In This Thread
RE: — tied knots in the laces of my worried shoes, - by Goosie - April 29, 2019, 09:03 PM